It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Rochester yet all we hear are crickets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted and I'm not even sure I'm adding it to the correct forum but for those that haven't heard, there was a mass shooting in Rochester NY early Saturday morning.

16 people were shot and 2 of them died as a result. The scene was at a house party comprised mostly of late-teens and early 20's people. As of now (Sunday night) from my latest Googling, no suspects have been identified.
Tragedy: 14 wounded, two killed in overnight shooting in Rochester

Now here's some weird stuff about this event and possibly a sign of the times. There were around 100 people at this party with 40+ shots reportedly fired over the course of 10 minutes.

NO DETAILS OF THE SUSPECTS HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED
No cars, no descriptions, no genders, no weapons. Nothing

Digging for details shows biased reporting which almost always include mention how this house party was in violation of current COVID restrictions for gatherings.

Hell, they even mention repeatedly the unrest in the area due to the tensions between RPD and protesters marching over the Daniel Prude incident. Why that's mentioned is beyond me because it has NOTHING to do with a shooting at a house party.
wiki: Rochester shooting

Another fun-fact? This is the forth largest shooting event in the US in 2020. FORTH!
Rochester shooting marks fourth largest shooting in United States in 2020

Media exposure? A scripted story that ran for a day. Basically back-page news.
I bet the parents of those involved are really happy about that.
I'd be screaming from the rooftops if my kids were ever involved in something like this.

The 2 deceased victims have been identified
These Are The Two Teenage Victims Of The Rochester Mass Shooting

Such a sad event that quite likely may never get the attention it needs due to whatever opposing forces are in play.

Culture much?

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Are they black?
If so, then you have you’re answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yeah because we all read the articles. People are just stupid. They should have had bouncers at their party.
edit on 20-9-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
These poor kids were just getting started and doing well too.

This morning we remember the victims of last night's mass shooting in Rochester, NY. 2019 University Prep graduate Jarvis Alexander and 2019 East High graduate Jaquayla Young were the two victims who died in the shooting. Both were 19.

@news10nbc

edit on 9-21-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Why do they have to be black?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Are they black?

They're human beings. It shouldn't matter but sadly it does apparently as evidenced by the response (stars) to your reply

+53 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You missed the point.
All you hear are crickets.
Why is that?

Because when blacks people kill black people it doesn’t fit the narrative being pushed by today’s media.
All black deaths are supposed to be a direct result of white people. Aka racism.
The concept of personal responsibility is inconceivable.

Hence... crickets.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You missed the point.
Why is that?

Because when blacks people kill black people it doesn’t fit the narrative being pushed by today’s media.
All black deaths are supposed to be a direct result of white people. Aka racism.

Hence... crickets.

Gotcha bud. Agree but my sentiment still applies. Appalling

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Don't get mad at Bluntone22. The city those kids were in failed them.

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

Are they black?

They're human beings. It shouldn't matter but sadly it does apparently as evidenced by the response (stars) to your reply

He got stars because he answered your question.

If a bunch of black people shot each other in America then the media is not going to cover it.

Simply because the media can't use it to push their agenda.

If black people shooting each other was somehow useful to the media, then Chicago would have already installed cameras in certain areas and it would be on pay per view.

But the media doesn't care about humans dying.

They only care if a white person who can be loosely tied somehow to Trump or the police kills a black person.

Hope that answered your question in the OP in a way you can understand.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

It is definitely appalling that the biggest threat to young black men is other young black men.
Until that culture changes none of the unrest will matter.
The pattern will continue.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
These types of parties often seem to end up in shootouts often between rival gang members. People know the risk yet continue to go to these parties knowing full well the odds are pretty good violence may erupt. Why do they go? I just don't get it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You missed the point.
Why is that?

Hence... crickets.

BINGO! The Media wants us to think that Black people are only shot and/or killed, by White Police Officers.

That's why people outside of Democrat-run urban areas mistakenly believe the Black Lives Matter group is focusing on the right priority, which is: White cops kill too many Blacks.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

It is definitely appalling that the biggest threat to young black men is other young black men.
Until that culture changes none of the unrest will matter.
The pattern will continue.

What is more appalling is that statistically the most dangerous place a black person can be in America is in their own mother's womb...

But I'll shut up now to prevent thread drift.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is appalling that there is pretty much zero 'enthusiasm' from almost everyone regarding this incident. But, in defense of a lot of people, they are burnt out.....just flat out burnt out from all the chaos , rioting, killing, protestors, and being brow beaten by special interest groups etal.

Plus, the people who should be paying special attention aren't. And you can lead a horse...…….It's all so tiring anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What do you mean by "crickets"? Seems like a bunch of MSM sites covered the story. You even mention it in the OP.

I'm not sure what you are/were expecting.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wait til BLM and the rest of the Black folk find out that the same people that are letting them riot now are the ones that caused all this senseless killing and violence in the first place, what, with their intentional breakup of the Black nuclear family, and their friends in the CIA spreading crack coc aine, and the violence that came with it through all the inner cities across our country, which led to the advent of the large urban street gangs and their deadly turf wars.

Think they'll be mad?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul
Well I suppose their melanin has to be dark because the chromosomes coded it that way. As far as why these youths had to be the victims, A question as old as time and sufferring itself...

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul

Don't get mad at Bluntone22. The city those kids were in failed them.

Oh I'm not mad or even negatively replying. Apologies if it came across that way

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

What do you mean by "crickets"? Seems like a bunch of MSM sites covered the story. You even mention it in the OP.

I'm not sure what you are/were expecting.

And this was the first you heard of it? ATS is usually all over news such as this yet here we are...

MSM ran with it for 1 day pretty much. One story on one day

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join