It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruth Bader-Ginsburg Said a President Should Replace Justices Immediately...Democrats Ignore Her.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sunday, September 20, 2020

Even before Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg's funeral, Democrats are demeaning and ignoring her wishes, her constitutionally driven system of beliefs, and love for America.

Example #1 of Democrats disgracing RBG's wishes:

In 2016, when a lame-duck President Obama tabbed Merrick Garland to replace the late conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, Democratic leaders had no problem with the move. And neither did Ginsburg.

"There's nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being the president in his last year," Ginsburg said in a 2016 New York Times interview, in which she called for Garland to receive a confirmation vote in the Senate.

As for whether the Senate should take up a vote on Garland, Ginsburg said, "That's their job!"
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Justice Ginsburg would also be appalled by how Democrats have RADICALIZED going against her wishes, in their attempts to keep President Trump from nominating her replacement, and the U.S. Senate from confirming her replacement on the Supreme Court.

How do we know this? Because RBG did not approve of Democrats taking radical stances that went against the U.S. and our Constitution. When Democrat athletes started insulting the millions who have died for our country, by "taking a knee" during the National Anthem, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg said they, and their actions, were "DISRESPECTFUL and DUMB".

Source: www.cnn.com...

Example #2 - One of many prominent Democrats going against the wishes of RBG, in RADICAL ways that she would strongly disapprove of.

Reza Aslan, a religious scholar, and former CNN host, tweeted to his 293,000 followers: "If Republicans even TRY to replace RBG, we burn the entire f*cking thing down!"
Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Example #3 - Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Speaker of the U.S. House of Representative, is prepared to Impeach President Trump, and/or Attorney General William Barr, in order to stop Ruth Ginsburg's seat from being filled quickly, as Justice Ginsburg would have wanted.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., does not rule out impeaching President Donald Trump, or Attorney General William Barr, if the Senate seeks to push through a Supreme Court nomination during the lame-duck session, should Joe Biden win the November election.

"Well, we have our options. We have arrows in our quiver that I’m not about to discuss right now.", Pelosi said.
Source: www.nbcnews.com...

If Democrat leaders in society do not care about honoring the wishes of a Supreme Court Justice whom they revered, only a fool would think they care about what's best for regular Americans like you and me.

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/20/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I like that, how it ought to be

Am I right?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just a thought, but didn’t Pelosi just degrade natives? I mean arrows in quivers....

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here.

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," McConnell said.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I like that, how it ought to be

Am I right?

You deserve a star for honesty.

Am I right?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Just a thought, but didn’t Pelosi just degrade natives? I mean arrows in quivers....

Good analysis. Like I said in the OP, Democrat leaders respect NO ONE...not even each other.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
In 2016, McConnell didn't honor RBG's wishes either.

But people often learn, grow, and change for the better.

Mitch is now more empathic and determined to honor RBG's wishes.

edit on 9/20/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

That's funny! Mitch The Grimm Reaper McConnell is empathetic! Ha! And if he was honoring her wishes he's honor her most fervent wish that her replacement be made by the next president.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well I know one thing for sure.
No matter who trump nominates, Christine Blasey Ford will accuse them of rape.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's kind of funny how all of this played out. Bill Clintons slamming McConehead because Bill says it's not up to the people. Looks like some rank breaking going on...

Also, funny how you mentioned that RBG thought it best to be a speedy process but earlier I saw a news article that said that her "Dying wish was for Trump to wait". I went back to grab it for this thread but as you know... of course... it's no longer there

I'm sure it's lurking in the depth of Yahoo somewhere.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Found sources:

Clin ton vs McConnel

Alt Source

Bill Clinton slams Mitch McConnell for his 'power play' in pushing for a new SCOTUS pick in the wake of RBG's death and says it will 'further spread cynicism in our system'

RBG's Last Words

Democrats, however, began echoing Mr McConnell's words from 2016.

The Senate Democratic leader, Chuck Schumer, sent a tweet repeating his exact phrase, while Mr Biden told reporters: "There is no doubt - let me be clear - that the voters should pick the president and the president should pick the justice for the Senate to consider."

Ginsburg had also made her feelings clear in the days before her death.

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed," she wrote in a statement to her granddaughter, according to National Public Radio (NPR).

edit on 20-9-2020 by StallionDuck because: cleaning up

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
We don't have some pirate honor code on when a SCOTUS can be nominated. We have a real legal rule and it's crystal clear; The President can nominate one anytime they want.

The outrage about this quasi honor code is a sham. Look at these people. Ruth's family is saying Ruth said the exact opposite on her death bed than what she said about this topic not long ago on VIDEO. Nonsense. Either they are lying or Ruth truly was a biased hack judge. One of them is a horrible person.

Regardless though, none of this fake honor code outrage means anything or what Ruth said or didn't say. He can do it legally and not a damn thing anyone can do about.
edit on 20-9-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: grey580
In 2016, McConnell didn't honor RBG's wishes either.

But people often learn, grow, and change for the better.

Mitch is now more empathic and determined to honor RBG's wishes.

OMG, you just made me spit out my drink

Ridiculous post of the day award winner!

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

unfortunately that is second hand testimony not supported with an actual record. Therefore we will have to refer to the actual words on record.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

A page right out of the liberal play book.

Lol nice now that is called thinking like the enemy .

Politically yes this could be spun , perhaps you should apply at Fox News they need more thinkers like you . But I mean in reality she could be talking about Mongols , Elves , or Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games .

Still though nice try.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I think those words are fairly believable, since she called Trump a fake and was trying to hold on and keep fighting until Joe Biden won the election.

Unfortunately, she had the same strategy 4 years ago, and wanted her replacement to be named by President Hillary Clinton. But, that wasn't to be.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

And if he was honoring her wishes he's honor her most fervent wish that her replacement be made by the next president.

That's not what Ginsburg said in the New York Times interview. Where did you get that from?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Well I know one thing for sure.
No matter who trump nominates, Christine Blasey Ford will accuse them of rape.

It would be a lesbian rape.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Holy mixed emotions Batman...

Rape bad...
Lesbian good..

The left won’t know how to act.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join