It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in time for November, let the editing begin

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A few weeks ago, another member posted a thread showing how Kamala Harriss's Wiki page was being edited , and scrubbed of information that portrayed her in a bad light....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well it seems the shifty Democrats aren't stopping there. Over at our old friends BLM's website, some ongoing scrubbing has been happening lately too...

Black Lives Matter has changed its messaging, scrubbing their rhetoric in favour of disrupting the nuclear family from their site.

With little fanfare, Black Lives Matter removed a section of text that had been under a section called "What We Believe" that sought to engender the destruction, or perhaps reimagining, of the nuclear family structure.

thepostmillennial.com...

with Just a couple of words, They changed their view from a single parent or women only family to a more orthodox view that would include traditional families as well. But why all of the sudden? What are they trying to hide?

But it doesn't end there. At the same time this is happening the New York Times and the 1619 project are trying to scrub info as well...

Discovery of this edit came about earlier this week when Nikole Hannah-Jones went on CNN to deny that she had ever sought to displace 1776 with a new founding date of 1619. She repeated the point in a now-deleted tweet: “The #1619Project does not argue that 1619 was our true founding. We know this nation marks its founding at 1776.” It was not the first time that Hannah-Jones had tried to alter her self-depiction of the project’s aims on account of the controversial line. She attempted a similar revision a few months ago during an online spat with conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.

But this time the brazen rewriting of her own arguments proved too much. Hannah-Jones’s readers scoured her own Twitter feed and public statements over the previous year, unearthing multiple instances where she had in fact announced an intention to displace 1776 with 1619.

quillette.com...

Why are these in=the bag Leftist groups suddenly doing this, just as RBG dies?
what is their play?
something is coming soon

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They saw the polling and looked at the focus grouping.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And then they sit there and blatantly lie about it, and have fact checking groups back them up on these lies.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
BLM is now only a vessel for those with the money backing it to get control and power. Those financing it would put on the pointy white hats and sheets if they thought they could grab power influence and control by doing so.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Here is what it used to say.... copy it before it is gone.. LOL

www.oc-breeze.com...

Paragraph 19

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

Paragraph 20

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They're all involved with ActBlue
you know- that group that has received tens of millions of dollars in donations from anonymous unemployed people

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I saw that..just didn't want to quote too much

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

And then they sit there and blatantly lie about it, and have fact checking groups back them up on these lies.

They run the "fact checking" groups, too, so yes.

Not sure how to fix that- nobody has a memory longer than their browser cache anymore, and nobody keeps this stuff in print.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

They run the "fact checking" groups, too, so yes.

Not sure how to fix that- nobody has a memory longer than their browser cache anymore, and nobody keeps this stuff in print.

It really is unfixable under the current system. How do you change the spread of information without getting rough?

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I was reading articles on Wikipedia the other day about BLM protests and all of them were very careful to point out all the peaceful protests and the socially distanced protests, while conveniently leaving out all the protests which weren't either of those things. It's really quite funny how the left thinks they can control the narrative and no one will notice.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

If these cucks try to disband the traditional family unit it will prove to be a fatal mistake.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So a question here.
If the sources that we (not specifically you, me or the majority of ATS folks) rely on for news and to have our opinions shaped and molded are seemingly ALL in cahoots with Dems/Biden/Soros/BLM/Left or whateverthe#....... why?

Why aren't there any counter-sources that are as big or as trusted that offer an opposing view?

Where are the social-media platforms with "fact checkers" that allow truth?

"Information is the new currency", said some person at some time not long ago. Is one side simply richer?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

CNN is even starting to become a little less radical...if only temporarily.

The entire Left-wing complex is beginning to understand that Joe Biden is imploding....and they are scared out of their wits, because 4 more years of Trump will make Democrats as meaningless as teets on a boar hog.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Not seemingly
They are
know how you can find out?
Go to Twitter
Almost every journalist in the country has a blue checkmark by their name
read their tweets
this isn't some big mystery where you have to put together clues
they tell you exactly who they are and what they believe
that's the NYT and WaPo and NBC and MSNBC and VOX and the DAILY BEAST and Buzzfeed and ABC and CBS and so on and so on.
Why? Who is to blame? Our educational system, from kindergarten all the way through University.
they are being indoctrinated
where have you been that you have never heard of this?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I was reading articles on Wikipedia the other day about BLM protests and all of them were very careful to point out all the peaceful protests and the socially distanced protests, while conveniently leaving out all the protests which weren't either of those things. It's really quite funny how the left thinks they can control the narrative and no one will notice.

Do you understand how journalism works? This I close to my heart because it was part of the reason I didn't embark on a career as a journalist. Every newspaper has a slant, every editor has a political opinion which trickles down into the stories published.

If you think the Reps also try to control the narrative then you need to start applying critical thinking. It's delusional to think otherwise in the Western World.

The other reason, aside from political bias, I decided not to accept the offer, was sensationalism. Which is also a problem with political articles from the MSM.

As someone who is a UK lefty (but seem to be more centralised in US terms) I don't accept articles from the Guardian (for example) at face value, I actively look for a right slanting article on the same subject. You need to look between the bias to find the real story.

The problem I see a lot, especially in Lib v Dem discussions is that everyone has TDS, both sides. One has it because of their idea that everything Trump does is wrong and one because of their idea that everything Trump does is right.

One side decries that the opposite bays for their blood while themselves cheering the death of a desperate asylum seeker or RBG.

News flash you are just as bad as each other, 2 sides of the same coin. Time to take a step back and look at how those around the world perceives your current dilemma (considering I feel comfortable casting this stone from Britain and we have a Covid-19 death toll 2nd only to your own and the clusterphuq that is Brexit, that's pretty damning).

I liked it better when people could discuss politics more politely and minds could be swayed.

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
BLM might have to scrub all the way back to the year 1619 😃

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

The recent change in rhetoric from the Democrats have suggested this.

I was at Rasmussen and saw that Trump is finally ahead of Biden, statistical uptick that’ll continue to trend upward.

top topics

join