It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 108 Died In U.S. Custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It looks like the abuse went a lot further than just putting panties on people heads. Although only a quarter of the 100+ dead are suspected to have died from abuse it's still a high number.

CBS News
(AP) At least 108 people have died in American custody in Iraq and Afghanistan, most of them violently, according to government data provided to The Associated Press. Roughly a quarter of those deaths have been investigated as possible abuse by U.S. personnel.

The figure, far higher than any previously disclosed, includes cases investigated by the Army, Navy, CIA and Justice Department. Some 65,000 prisoners have been taken during the U.S.-led wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, although most have been freed.

The Pentagon has never provided comprehensive information on how many prisoners taken during the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have died, and the 108 figure is based on information supplied by Army, Navy and other government officials. It includes deaths attributed to natural causes.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
only 108 have died out of 65,000 that have been held...

seem like pretty good numbers to me...

This kind of thing just doesn't bother me, I mean we have Americans getting killed over there almost every day, so let a few of "them" die too..

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
only 108 have died out of 65,000 that have been held...

seem like pretty good numbers to me...

This kind of thing just doesn't bother me, I mean we have Americans getting killed over there almost every day, so let a few of "them" die too..

Pathetic attitude - presumably if China locked you up, tortured you etc you'd have no complaints? If you believe in any god / karma whatever you'll realise you're condemning yourself to a similar fate. Why not kill 10 (or better still 50) drawn at random every time one of your guys gets killed? After all it's only 'them' not real people who matter.

You really have no idea at all of right or wrong

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

A 'few'?
It's more than just the couple dozen that have died during detainment.
Tens of thousands have died so far during US military operations in Iraq and Afganistan.

top topics

join