It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden is Vetting Supreme Court Justice Candidates. What Qualities Match His Belief System.?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
September 20, 2020

Even though Joe Biden is just a Presidential Nominee of the Democrats, he still may have to choose a replacement for (liberal) Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg, who left the bench yesterday.

If Joe beats President Trump on November 3rd, and no replacement justice has been confirmed by the Senate before January 1, 2021, President Joseph Robinette Biden will have to nominate a SCOTUS Justice candidate, after he is sworn in on January 20, 2021.

As we speak, nominee Biden is searching for candidates that match his methodology and thinking.

The death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsburg on Friday has intensified pressure on Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's to produce a list of potential Supreme Court nominees if he wins in November.

Earlier this month, several weeks before Ginsburg's death, President Trump released his own 2020 list of potential nominees, an updated rundown of his 2016 list.

Biden has thus far failed to release any such list.

The White House on Saturday called for his campaign to produce a rundown, with press secretary Kayleigh McEnany urging Biden to "tell voters where he stands" on the critical matter of high court justices.

"We don't know who is on his Supreme Court list. We don't know what kind of justices he would nominate," McEnany told Fox News.

Long a hallmark of U.S. presidential campaigns, the SCOTUS list telegraphs a candidate's intent to steer the court in a particular ideological direction.
Source: justthenews.com...

Next week, Joe Biden is campaigning, while preparing for the huge Biden-Trump debate on the 29th.

He now must add compiling a list of S.C. Justice candidates...in addition to preparing for the Biden-Ukraine corruption report that is being released by the U.S. Senate in a few days.

It will be interesting to see what type of personalities candidate Biden will choose as potential nominees. It's hard to tell if Joe is a moderate Democrat, or a far-lefty radical, from week-to-week. His picks for SC Justice will speak volumes.

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/19/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It will be interesting to see what type of personalities candidate Biden will choose as potential nominees. It's hard to tell if Joe is a moderate Democrat, or a far-lefty radical, from week-to-week. His picks for SC Justice will speak volumes.

He will pick his son Hunter thinking it is a plush post in another country.... No Joe it is different... Eat your apple sauce...

Back on point...One thing I find interesting is Trump names names like there is no tomorrow, He knows everyone by name, says their name all the time...Even in press conferences he knows each person's name and calls them out... Biden can't even remember his wife's name, or God's name "you know that thing...", or Chris Wallace's name in an interview sitting in front of him...It's bad, so what do you think he will do when he names his potential nominees...cringe beyond belief...

edit on 20-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Every person on Joe's list will be vetted by the conservative media and analysts. CNN/MSNBC/NYTimes/WaPo would approve of anyone Biden picks, even if it is his son Hunter.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Every person on Joe's list will be vetted by the conservative media and analysts. CNN/MSNBC/NYTimes/WaPo would approve of anyone Biden picks, even if it is his son Hunter.

One of the best things about the internet age is you can do things like this (vet people) yourself. Got to be quick about it, though, before the media narrative poisons the well.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Next week, Joe Biden is campaigning, while preparing for the huge Biden-Trump debate on the 29th.

You can't possibly believe this is going to take place. Trump would run circles around Joe while Joe calculates how to take 3 steps in any direction and then forgets where he's going before completing the maneuver.

They're either going to covid Joe or leave him backpedaling on all his prior displays of embarrassing confidence...or worse..

Debates are absolutely not going happen lest the whole circus tent flops down on Joe. Be prepared for a major production magic show..

edit on 20-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Well I thought there was no hope, but THANK GOD the media is on it!!

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman

One of the best things about the internet age is you can do things like this (vet people) yourself. Got to be quick about it, though, before the media narrative poisons the well.

I chose: Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama as 4 who will be on Joe's list.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Joe can pick his nose for all I care.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Debates are absolutely not going happen lest the whole circus tent flops down on Joe. Be prepared for a major production magic show..

Biden is scheduled to practice debating President Trump for many hours next week.

Joe is worried that he might "take his bait"...whatever that means.

Source: www.ajc.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Joe can pick his nose for all I care.

Joe's medical report says he takes multiple "blood thinners".

Source: www.nbcnews.com... ader

Picking his nose can be deadly, if it starts to bleed.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

www.ajc.com...

Joe Biden has said he’d “beat the hell out of” President Donald Trump over his comments...

I hope I don’t get baited into a brawl with this guy

Sounds like Joe is ready to brawl. They'll have to chain this raging bull somehow..

(I apologize for going off-topic.)

edit on 20-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
If Joe's mind locks up during the debate, he might just dive at "bully" Trump out of frustration.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Satan is the first to come to mind.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Biden added: “Everybody knows who Donald Trump is. I plan to tell them who I am.”

Oh I think we know Joe, I think we know.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It is very important to his candidacy as to which he would choose to be a supreme court justice. I would like to know as I'm sure many pro-Biden voters would like to know.

I'm not a pro-Biden voter, just anti-Trump. Ted Cruz is a bad choice. I'm not sure he's even a choice but I've heard him mentioned. Anyway, no.

But back to Biden. Yes, he should come with a list of nominees pre-election. It's very important in many people's decision making, including mine.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

You are spot-on in your analysis and reasoning.

BTW..Ted Cruz was added to President Trump's list, but Ted said last week that he prefers to remain a Senator.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
It is very important to his candidacy as to which he would choose to be a supreme court justice. I would like to know as I'm sure many pro-Biden voters would like to know.

I'm not a pro-Biden voter, just anti-Trump. Ted Cruz is a bad choice. I'm not sure he's even a choice but I've heard him mentioned. Anyway, no.

But back to Biden. Yes, he should come with a list of nominees pre-election. It's very important in many people's decision making, including mine.

This is not meant to be offensive, and is a question asked in dood faith.

Do you hate Trump, more than you love your country? Enough to entrust the office to a man who's mental faculties are in quick, and serious decline? Who will be used by handlers to promote their agenda, whatever that may be? Who has a history of questionable actions around women amd children?

You said you are anti Trump. Are you anti the individual, or his actual policies? IMO actions are more important than personality.

Can you make a case that you know, beyond broad, unspecific, unrealistic statements, what the guy intends as a course for the future of the country? economy? Foriegn policy? Energy?

It easy for a candidate to say "vote for me because everything will be peachy". Do you have confidence Biden can institute his visions (not that the media has ever pinned him down on specifics)?

Come on man. I get some ppl have an issue with Trump's overbearing/abraisive personality, but the job still needs to get done. Is Joe competent?
edit on 9202020 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   

BTW..Ted Cruz was added to President Trump's list, but Ted said last week that he prefers to remain a Senator.

He has already stated, unequivocally, that his next appointment would be a woman. Ppl can therefore narrow it down to a few choices, and actually have pretty high confidence of the specific individual, if they make some effort.

In any case, it appears he will announce the choice in a matter of days, so there will be no mystery come November.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Gnawledge

This is not meant to be offensive, and is a question asked in dood faith.

Do you hate Trump, more than you love your country? Enough to entrust the office to a man who's mental faculties are in quick, and serious decline? Who will be used by handlers to promote their agenda, whatever that may be? Who has a history of questionable actions around women amd children?

You said you are anti Trump. Are you anti the individual, or his actual policies? IMO actions are more important than personality.

Can you make a case that you know, beyond broad, unspecific, unrealistic statements, what the guy intends as a course for the future of the country? economy? Foriegn policy? Energy?

It easy for a candidate to say "vote for me because everything will be peachy". Do you have confidence Biden can institute his visions (not that the media has ever pinned him down on specifics)?

Come on man. I get some ppl have an issue with Trump's overbearing/abraisive personality, but the job still needs to get done. Is Joe competent?

Fair questions.

I don't hate Trump. He's just a guy. I love my country and that you associate hating Trump with hating my country is offensive. Biden is a poor choice. His mental faculties are subpar. I entrust him only insofar that I believe he can trust his advisors to do what is good for this country.

I'm not anti Trump's policies (mostly), I think he COULD do good for this country. But Trump is for himself. He doesn't care about this country. He has no plan for the country. His only plan is to get re-elected. That's my problem.

I don't believe in Biden. I believe Biden can work with advisors and do some good. I don't believe Trump and I don't believe he can work with anyone to do any good.

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

He has already stated, unequivocally, that his next appointment would be a woman. Ppl can therefore narrow it down to a few choices, and actually have pretty high confidence of the specific individual, if they make some effort.

In any case, it appears he will announce the choice in a matter of days, so there will be no mystery come November.

And a question for you, as you say he has already state, unequivocally that his next appointment would be a woman.

You don't see that as pandering?

Just another move towards re-election?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join