It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo IRC channel ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was wondering if somebody knows some IRC channels about Aliens/ufos ? I searched but found nothing so far. Thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
What does IRC stand for? Sonunds something like Aliens "R" Us.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
What does IRC stand for? Sonunds something like Aliens "R" Us.

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat (Big Internet Chat Rooms).

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
IRC is the devil

Chat with us here instead

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
IRC is the devil

Chat with us here instead

Too slow.... Before you actually reply on this thread, I could have been abducted!! *Gasp!*

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
"Chat with us here instead."

Hi, I'm fairly new here. I was this close to getting the required 20 or 25 posts to be able to chat, then i got this message:

"We're sorry, due to abuse of our chat by some new and not-so-new members, you must have at least 200 posts to use chat on ATS. You only have 25 posts."

Now if and when i get 200 posts, I bet the message will say I need 500 posts. wtf

Anyways, ufo chat on IRC might be on the big networks such as Dalnet or eFnet using Mirc.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've wasted about 5 years of my life on IRC servers. The people who were abusing ATS probably learned their abusive ways from IRC. Not to stereo type all those who use IRC, but It is full of Jerks and perverts.

There is the pervert who always begins the conversation with "asl" and then the next line will be "what are you wearing?"

Then there is the "1337 Hack0r" who is only purpose in life is get into your system and make your life miserable.

Then there is the jerk that thinks every one is a n00b and they have made the best script ever.

Now of course not everyone on IRC is like this but there sure are enough of them to make IRC as crappy as chatting on Yahoo or others like it.
If you think the ridicule and BS is bad on the Aliens & UFOs board try to have a serious chat in #UFO.
No thanks. I'll take structured forum chat like ATS any day over IRC.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
OK, thanks for replying. Anyway i think i'm gonna stay with ATS Chat hehe

I tried it one time and appreciated. But there should be more people on it though, especially on Area51.

[edit on 16/3/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
No one uses area 51 if you wannatalk about ufo's just come in skull and bones pub (the one where everyone is) and start talking about it. It's fine.

new topics

top topics

join