It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Anti-War Protests Due for March 19th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Masked: They are showing their support by protesting their dictatorships and feeling as though they can. By kicking Syria out of their nations. By holding elections for the first time ever. By using Iraq as the model.

How did this world wide protest go, by the way? I completely forgot about it until just now, and haven't heard a thing about it. How many tens of people across the world came out to protest the war?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
How did this world wide protest go, by the way? I completely forgot about it until just now, and haven't heard a thing about it. How many tens of people across the world came out to protest the war?

Alas, they were not HUGE, "globe-stopping" protests that actually amounted to much... Im my City there was probably 350 people - tops!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
About 3,000 showed up in Montreal, and of those I'd say about 500 or so were Americans. I met some people from Vermont who came up here to protest because they didn't feel "safe" protesting against the war in their own country.

Like an East German would be afraid of protesting before the Wall came down because of the Stasi (East German Secret Police).

I bought all three of them a pint later in the day and we all cheersed to trying to make a difference. It's not the difference that mattered, it was the trying.

j

<< 1  2   >>

join