It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunk 2077 system requirements revealed plus Gangs of Night City video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
No more delays Cyberpunk 2077 will be released on November 19 ... just 2 months to go.

Yesterday CD Projekt held their 3rd Night City Wire online presentation and released the long awaited system requirements for the game and it's looking good for players with lower hardware configs , they are as follows.....

MInimum:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 470
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB HDD, SSD recommended.

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB SSD

Of course if you exceed the recommended it'll take whatever you can throw at it , I've just thrown an NVME SSD into my mix so now I'm ready to go.

Cyberpunk 2077 — Gangs of Night City.

Postcards from Night City.

See you in Night City.

edit on 19-9-2020 by gortex because: edit to add postcards

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The minimum requirements exactly match my current pc.... So good to go I suppose

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This looks like it's going to be a great game and the specs aren't that bad considering.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have a 2080 RTX so I´m good, but I will probably only play Cyberpunk on my Playstation 5.

-MM

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Recommended specs are bull#. No way in hell will this game looks anything like it should on a 1060. That card just cant come close to handling what this game is going to put forward. Backed by a 4790. hope you like "medium" settings.
edit on 19-9-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

The GTX 1060 6GB is a strong card I have one , I think it will handle Cyberpunk at medium to high settings @1080p.

It's when you start getting into 1440p and 4K a beefier card is needed , I using an RTX 2060 now but don't expect to be getting 60fps using Ray Tracing even at 1080p although Metro Exodus ran fine and looked great so who knows until the game is released.

I have a feeling the game will be well optimised at launch given the extra development time they've given themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If they allow modding of the game then it will probably also scoop up all the current Fallout and Skyrim fan's, at least until Avowed is released and then probably still keep the fallout fan's as well as attracting all the blade runner fan's that never got the game they wanted.

A Blade runner RPG should have been made and the lack of one is proof the games industry does not have a brain.

Imagine a full RPG set in the blade runner universe where you could play as a replicant, blade runner or even off world smuggler dealing with the colonies and factions, corporate and otherwise with a variety of locations.

Visiting the derelicts at the battle site off the shoulder of Orion (Rutger Hauer improvised that on camera but it became legendary and expanded the world of the movie far beyond it's much smaller original limitations) perhaps even a great starting location waking a Rutger Hauer clone or playing one accidentally wakened from a still active sleep pod by black market salvagers scrapping the derelict attack ship's only to make your way back to earth after finding out who and what you are.

Trying to find a cure for your cell death countdown or hunting a military grade replicant as a Deckard like blade runner (never really knowing that you too may be a replicant as perhaps the original Deckard was originally meant to be), it was of course set in an alternative reality world in which the late 20th and early 21st century had already seen humanity learn to colonise other worlds far from our own solar system and master genetic engineering and cloning technology's so the blade runner universe was vast and has so much potential even though most of us just want to explore the rain soaked city that was the setting of the original movie.

If modding is possible than sooner or later someone is going to make a blade runner total conversion, if it is done right it will be epic given the game itself look's phenomenal and by that time since the Cyberpunk universe has it's own lore many blade runner fan's will perhaps be total converts to this universe anyway.

Very few games have had as much development and resources poured into them as Cyberpunk 2077 and I get the impression this will also tempt over the GTA and Halo fan's many of whom have never tried an RPG so let's hope they nail that in the game play and make it accessible for them as well.

Either way probably one of if not THE biggest title for over a decade and it will take some doing for any other studio to eclipse it especially when the DLC start rolling out for it (They are probably already working on DLC even as they finalize this game).

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've got a Ryzen 7 3700x, and a GeForce 1660. That should be all right to run it.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Come hell or high water, my i5 4xxxk and 1070 will handle it. Even if I have to OC everything!

new topics

top topics

join