It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the worlds(reality)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I noticed that all alien movies are evil towards us so my question is that could the govt be secretly funding these movie projects esp the movie "war of the worlds"(btw it is the most expensive movie ever made) so that to tell the public that planet earth is secretly at war with the aliens(greys,reptilians,dracos etc) and they need everyone's help? or it could be just disinfo and the govt just does a stage landing(dulce book ref.) and the aliens secretly contol and enslave us

ps:just curious what is the ending of the H.G Wells novel"war of the worlds" and do you think that steven speilberg would change the ending?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, it should be noted that Speilberg also made movies about relatively benign aliens, such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and ET...can't recall offhand, but I think he also did Batteries Not Included and Coccoon...and I doubt Steven needs finance help from anyone...

Still, his name does show up in a lot of Cosmic Journey Project references, so who knows? But hard to see a clear agenda here, with varied depictions of aliens...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I believe the book ends with the aliens dying off because of a "cold" or other such disease.
See pinkmonkey.com...

Considering that Orson Wells created such a stir when he presented a radio play based on the book as an emergency broadcast, it wouldn't surprise me that the govt. would use it as a tool of control. The real question is to what end. Maybe just to continue to propagate the mind-numbing fear that we're fed everyday.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I thought our little War of the Worlds Halloween tribute went pretty well, hehe...remember that?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I thought our little War of the Worlds Halloween tribute went pretty well, hehe...remember that?

Yeah Gaz

That was great. Very well done.

Sanc'.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Isn't there a remake of this coming out this summer? I might see that.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CGBSpender
Isn't there a remake of this coming out this summer? I might see that.

Yes, it's directed by Steven Speilberg, starring Tom Cruise. www.waroftheworlds.com...

Most movies about aliens depict them as hostile and ugly creatures, same as any monster movie. But Sci Fi series show them as friends. It basically balances out. I don't think the government is concerned with it, or controls it. Hollywood will do whatever it takes to get people to the theatres.

JAK

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That was absolutely fantastic. An experience I will remember forever with gratitude.

Jack

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
I noticed that all alien movies are evil

I know some which are not (E.T, Abyss, Contact).
Personally i don't see a link between movies and reality. I think it is just possible scenarios, but not necessary the hidden truth.

[edit on 16/3/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i do not recal Mac & Me as being evil. they were nice aliens.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think many of these directors and actors actually go to school for this sort of think in hopes of one day making lots of money. Like Gazrok said Speilberg doesn't need financing from anybody. He is a storyteller mainly of science-fiction movies it is just what he does.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wonder is they will do a dramatic radio advertisement like the one that caused so much trouble back then. Hopefully they will do something again to see if it stirs up the people. Sort of like a test.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have the original radio broadcast on vinyl, it is the most fantastic piece of audio it sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about it, if there is someone that will do it justice it will be Speilberg......the big question remains are we being de-sensitised to alien life forms?? Who cares??? Lets go to the movies......

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think I've said this before, but....

If you guys are really interested in the idea that real aliens have inspired classic science fiction stories, you might want to read HG Wells' book 'The First Men in the Moon'.

Why? Because the subterranean moon aliens -- called the Selenites -- are extremely similar to our contemporary depictions of the standard 'gray' alien that is seen in abductions. I mean... the description the narrator gives as he wakes up near one is almost like reading a modern abduction account.

The book is also notable because, instead of being shot to the moon in an oversized artillery shell (like in most stories of the time), Wells' characters get there in a spherical anti-gravity device. That's interesting because it may very well be the first reference to anti-gravity (or, in the case of the book, gravity transparency) in literature.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That was brilliant, I'm now fearful of ATS around any form of holiday.......

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Well, it should be noted that Speilberg also made movies about relatively benign aliens, such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and ET...can't recall offhand, but I think he also did Batteries Not Included and Coccoon...and I doubt Steven needs finance help from anyone...

Still, his name does show up in a lot of Cosmic Journey Project references, so who knows? But hard to see a clear agenda here, with varied depictions of aliens...

From what I read Close Encounters of the Third Kind was helped financed by the government. But I have seen no documented facts to this statement.

I have also read that SS had a conversation with Ronald Reagan in his movie screening which is a current thread on this site. SS has some inside info about aliens or is just has a good imagination for his movies.

It would be nice to have money for some reasearch into SS relations to the government. Or maybe a great hacker member of this site could find some info and post.

new topics

top topics

join