It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was serious about repentance but not of sin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Yes, "repentance" translates the Hebrew "turning back" and the Greek "changing the mind".
But when John the Baptist and Jesus open their campaigns by telling people to repent, they are talking about their attitude towards God. That is, their state of sin.

edit on 19-9-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Not off the meds... Just down the rabbit hole of religion, repentance and sin. Which is a small version oF the great question why are we here, what is the point. With so many options on these with little difference and a world that acts like we are all so different when we are not.....if you do not question or try to answer then you likely are the mad one.

I spent several years studying religion secret societies, I still do, not with the zeal of before. I started out as the type knowing if you really want an answer you will find it, seek. I am a seeker.

You are correct repentance is seeking a reversal a change in ways... dark to light. Today's world makes that endeavor difficult. Look around you, wrong is right, being enlightened or woke literally means to be the same as what you are fighting. Look at the race question, the vast majority of us when meeting someone new does not identify any of a persons basic qualities; race, sex, or culture with who they are. We look at situation, ask questions we find commonalities. Until we find a common ground they are a stranger. Once we find a common ground we seek more. My point being we are actually inherently good, we only consider sin when we can not justify a behavior and we wish to look for a reason, justification. Sin in any religion is a justification for bad behavior, in all repent and you are fine. Move further in your NKJ Bible to the new testament and Jesus is less concerned with sin, we all do it, but what do you do after. Is it repetitive or do you learn from it, are you pained by wronging another? That is really all that matters. In all versions of all religions. The rest is dogma. Dogma is a repetitive set of actions that identify you to a group, Jesus wanted you to break that and identify with all brothers and sisters. Most of what we needed to read and hear was and is hidden from us. I used to be very upset with that. I wanted in to the Vatican and various other sacred places so I could read it see it and know the truth. Then I found the truth. Remember when Moses went up on the mountain, the burning bush etc. He came back down 30n days latter with all the answers, the truth....everyone in 30 days had devolved into worshiping ba'al, and generally just acting like heathens. He broke the new tablets and saw we still needed the law. Like anything else the truth is something you see through your own filter or soul. It is in you. When he returned he was so illuminated no one could look on him.....after many years of seeking I no longer look to books, or people. The truth has always been her, in all of us. After all in every religion, we were created in the image of the creator...meaning we create. That is the one truth. We create everything around us. That can not be taken away.. When Jesus walked on water and exclaimed how can this be....Do ye not know that ye are also gods too? Once you find it, you need not worry of sin, it like the nonsense of this world will leave you and you will only seek the light. Be patient with your self and those around you,. we are all Blind until we are not.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yep. I noticed that too.

I don't understand, clicking into a thread you know you won't like.

And then taking the time to post.

That's almost literally the definition of social media these days.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

1 Kings 8:47 KJV Yet if they shall bethink themselves in the land whither they were carried captives, and repent, and make supplication unto thee in the land of them that carried them captives, saying, We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness...

Ezekiel 18:30 KJV Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions [sins]; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Matthew 9:13 KJV But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 1:4 KJV John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 2:17 KJV When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 3:3 KJV And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins ...

Luke 5:32 KJV I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luke 24:46-48 KJV And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.

These are just some of the verses (not all) that can be found in the KJV Bible. You can't read these verses and come away with a different concept than repenting for sin.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join