It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was serious about repentance but not of sin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So repentance is important keep ourselves humble and drawn close to Jesus huh yep and you won't believe this next part sedan get ready.

In the King James version the phrase repent of your sins is not to be found anywhere in the scripture old or new Testament.

You'll find it in the NIV version goes to show you huh KJV only ....why , do you ask.

Because the NIV doesn't go to the Greek for the translation, the NIV incorporates all the culture in common phrases of language and ideas how to write scripture that fits our culture now.

Yep God repents and 39 times at references to Godly repenting 112 times repent found in the Bible.

And then there's 66 times man's repenting in 6 groups of 6 create

And with God repenting there's seven sectors that's found seven times.

In fact it's in Genesis we first find the word repent and God repented that he made man

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I know this is strange but going by the KJV which uses the Greek translation this is true.

So repentance means to reverse your course and it can be changing your mind if you're talking about reversing your course about something you're thinking

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yep in the NIV you will find repent of sins hey.

And there is one phrase in there that might come close but it can be interpreted as talking about another angle .

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A good way I find the scripture to sum it up is repentance and faith are the same thing so when Jesus says repent that means drawing near .

Or you can say that repentance and Faith happen at the same time I can tell you that in the scripture if you want...... Acts 20 21 repentance towards God and Faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ

Then Hebrews 6 verse 1 he says repentance from dead works and Faith towards God oh, and repentance from dead Works what is dead work the biggest dead work going on today is repenting of sins
edit on 18-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I say this and ask this with the upmost respect.

Are you off your Meds ?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

People have asked him that in his last 50 threads.

See a pattern?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yep. I noticed that too.

I don't understand, clicking into a thread you know you won't like.

And then taking the time to post.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Please don’t tell me you are a “KJV Bible Only” guy. I don’t feel like typing out all the sources and resources that you need to correct that weird fallacy you’ve picked up somewhere on the internet, no doubt—IF you are a “King James Only” guy. But to address your topic: yes, the Lord wants us to repent for our wrongdoings. In my experience, when I’m not sorry but know I should be (happens a lot), I ask for the heart for true repentance. It always works. Not usually instantly, but He always will fix my heart when I ask. Sometimes I have to start by asking to be willing. 😂

P.s.

On which Hebrew Bible translations are today’s bible versions based? The Masoretic Texts (finished by 1000AD) or the Septuagint (finished around 300-200 BC)?

On which was the King James bible based?

Different translations today use a combination of the two AND the Dead Sea Scrolls, which added a great deal to biblical studies when they were found mid-last century. Different bible translations today tend to use one of two philosophies when translating: word-for-word, or the general intent. Committees make up these translating bodies, so it’s a group of people who have to decide together.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Yep. I noticed that too.

Right?

One just needs to learn to speak GBP/JPY. It’s possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Yep. I noticed that too.

Right?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

People have asked him that in his last 50 threads.

See a pattern?

Honest to God did not know that.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Exactly.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Repentance is in the heart right?? It doesn't matter if you confess to a priest or keep it to ones self, so long as the intent is sincere in the heart the offense can be forgiven right??

It's really hard not to sin when women that aren't my ol lady throw their panties at me. That's a figure of speech for, DTF for those who actually think I am having literal panties thrown at me.

But seriously how bad is infidelity compared to other sins. It should be below theft in severity right??

Anyone ever notice how most of the ten commandments are grounded against betrayal and deceit?? Wondering if moses must have had an unfortunate relationship problem which led him to trip balls at the burning bush??

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Repentance is in the heart right?? It doesn't matter if you confess to a priest or keep it to ones self, so long as the intent is sincere in the heart the offense can be forgiven right??

It's really hard not to sin when women that aren't my ol lady throw their panties at me. That's a figure of speech for, DTF for those who actually think I am having literal panties thrown at me.

But seriously how bad is infidelity compared to other sins. It should be below theft in severity right??

Anyone ever notice how most of the ten commandments are grounded against betrayal and deceit?? Wondering if moses must have had an unfortunate relationship problem which led him to trip balls at the burning bush??

Hopefully you’ve never been on the receiving end of infidelity. Or the giving end, actually.

The punishment for marital infidelity in Moses’s day was so harsh because a woman’s survival was dependent on her husband and family. Women were basically non-people in societies and cultures of that time, and had no rights or protections. So if her husband divorced or left her for another woman, it was basically a death sentence for her and her children.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

On my phone it doesn't name the author. .....then i tell it like it is

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

For some reason and I have asked the moderators....you can't click on his user name and see what threads he's authored.

Now that is a conspiracy in itself

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
edit on 18-9-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

For some reason and I have asked the moderators....you can't click on his user name and see what threads he's authored.

Now that is a conspiracy in itself

It's because of the / in his name. Take it out and try it.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Ok I just got results in the search function. But what I mean is right clicking on his user name on his threads. Weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
SnF

I get you.....I guess its an "old thing"... we old farts.

You keep publishing and we will sort it out,

much love brother

DS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join