It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "Our youth will be taught to love America with all of their heart and all of their soul."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So Trump unvelied his plan yesterday to brainwash our children with Nazi-like propaganda so that "Our youth will be taught to love America with all of their heart and all of their soul." But wait, where have I heard this phrase before?

Matthew 22
6 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

Country and God are on the same level according to Trump but what does the Bible say about this idea?

Philippians 3
18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

1 John 2
15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

So it says here that anyone who loves this world and is a citizen of anywhere but heaven does not love God and is in fact, an enemy of the cross of Christ and their destiny is destruction.

What say you Christian Trump supporters? Explain to me how I misinterpreted what Trump or the Bible said. I have to be completely mistaken here otherwise that would mean Trump was anointed by Satan, not God, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

I need a source for your assertion that “Country and God are on the same level according to Trump.” Until we establish that he said that, your thread doesn’t deserve the free instruction you’ll get regarding your misinformed bible-reading.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wow.

You have no shame bud.

Now we'll pretend we're a Theocvracy or that Christians don't support the concept of separation of church and state...

OK.

Crap thread...

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yeah let’s just keep brainwashing them with the Communist, Anti White, Anti Cristian, Anti Free Speech, and get them real confused with their gender ( as young as possible), Fake revisionist history, Anti Capitalist, Horse# they are doing now sowing Hate for America

Then pile on top of it the 100% proven lies from 99% of the media. Ya that sounds amazing ...

WTF is wrong with loving America? Do you realize how you sound? This the greatest and most free nation on earth.
Countless people have died for this country so you can spew your back assward views. It’s Like you people are in a group psychosis or in a different reality

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Even though a simple Google search would have satisfied your need for proof, I'll humor your attempt at deflection so that others will not do the same.

The part you seek starts at 24:04

Here it is isolated so you don't have to do anything but click. With subtitles too!

And here's alink to the transcript of the entire event.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Wow.

You have no shame bud.

Now we'll pretend we're a Theocvracy or that Christians don't support the concept of separation of church and state...

OK.

Crap thread...

Come now, let’s wait until he provides the source I asked for, before we compliment his thread by calling it crap.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Put the bowl down and come back to earth.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Are you kidding me? The ones who constantly make the argument that America is a Christian nation? I grew up in a household of right wing "Christian" Trump supporters. You can't bs me about this stuff.

edit on 18-9-2020 by HighasAkite because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2020 by HighasAkite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

The first half of your post is you falling for lies because you read something on the internet. I guess that's one of the reasons why we don't make sure our kids are able to think critically, easily to get em to believe outright bull#.

As to your question, nothing wrong with loving America, its seems many of you conflate loving with blind loyalty and pride.

You don't want things being tought that make you feel uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I've never seen anyone make that argument.

I've heard it argued that it was founded on Christian principals.

Either way...crap thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

So out of these 14 "Thought Control tactics" narcissists love to use, you attempted to use 7 of them. Impressive.

blogs.psychcentral.com... um=popular17

1) Emotional Appeals: Attempting to play on emotions such as fear, guilt and loyalty rather than using logic and reasoning.

Narcissists use emotional appeals to disguise false or outrageous claims. Since many narcissists tend to be Drama Kings or Queens, using over-the-top emotionality to control others comes naturally for them.

Example: “How dare you question me! After all I’ve done for you.”

3) Black-and-white / Either-or: Pretending there are only two choices when there are several.

Narcissists view the world in either-or terms. Nuance is lost on them. They derive a feeling of power from this divide-and-conquer approach.

Example: “You’re either with me or against me.”

6) Incredulity: Acting as though what someone said is unbelievable.

Narcissists often use this tactic when they don’t understand what another person is saying. Rather than admit they are confused, they pretend that what the other person is saying is beyond belief. This is an attempt to dismiss valid concerns.

Example: “You seriously think there are other husbands who are better than me? You really think other wives get anywhere near what I have given you? You are not living in the real world.”

7) Labeling: Applying a negative phrase or attributing negative characteristics to a person or position.

Narcissists love labels. Having a single word to invalidate or humiliate another feels like an ultimate power for narcissists.

Example: “You’re too needy. You’re a loser.”

11) Ridicule: Mocking or humiliating another person or their requests or feelings.

Narcissists devalue others through dismissive remarks, sarcasm, or hostile humor instead of taking the other person seriously.

Example: “That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You’re just embarrassing yourself.”

13) Dehumanizing: Classifying others as inferior, dangerous or evil to justify oppressing or eliminating them.

This ends-justifies-the-means tactic is second nature for narcissists, who see most other people as inferior.

Example: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

It's clearly people like me who have psychosis and live in an alternate reality and not just you projecting your insanity onto me. Riiiiiight.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Now you're just straight up lying.

www.vox.com...

One of Trump’s closest evangelical allies gave a sermon on Sunday titled “America is a Christian Nation” while protesters gathered outside.

The founding fathers, Pastor Robert Jeffress told listeners at First Baptist Church Dallas, were predominately Christians who wanted to found a Christian country and believed that “our future success depends on our country being faithful to those eternal truths of God’s will.”

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Now , I would Like to Hear from some ATS Members about Why they Might Think that is a " Bad Thing " the President is Requesting here . Go Ahead and Think About it for Awhile . I'll Wait ...........

edit on 18-9-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: MykeNukem
Wow.

You have no shame bud.

OK.

Crap thread...

Come now, let’s wait until he provides the source I asked for, before we compliment his thread by calling it crap.

You're right..crap was way too good for this thread..

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighasAkite
So Trump unvelied his plan yesterday to brainwash our children with Nazi-like propaganda so that "Our youth will be taught to love America with all of their heart and all of their soul." But wait, where have I heard this phrase before?

Matthew 22
6 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

Country and God are on the same level according to Trump but what does the Bible say about this idea?

Philippians 3
18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

1 John 2
15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

So it says here that anyone who loves this world and is a citizen of anywhere but heaven does not love God and is in fact, an enemy of the cross of Christ and their destiny is destruction.

What say you Christian Trump supporters? Explain to me how I misinterpreted what Trump or the Bible said. I have to be completely mistaken here otherwise that would mean Trump was anointed by Satan, not God, right?

1. First you take life too seriously what other people say.
2. Churches in our heart heaven is in our eyes that we see when we touch the spiritual world of human spirituality.
3. Trump is right not so much about teaching love for your country in the school but how to approach the respect for your country in the school is much is probably what he actually means.
4. I say the above because if one does not like him or herself it's going to be nearly impossible to love one's country but that doesn't mean that that person can't achieve enlightenment through respecting his or herself in the future and if that happens then the possibility of having respect for the country that you live in will exist both physically and mentally.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Trumps quote "ALL of their soul"
Jesus quote "serve the Lord your God with
all your heart and with all your soul"

*you can only serve one master*-quote Jesus

It seems Trump is after peoples' souls

~
edit on 18/9/20 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
With how much the right loves America and the Police, I'm sure all the right-wing patriots will kindly drop to their knees when Biden sends the Feds barging into their house to repossess their newly illegal firearms.

"Thank you, Officers, for generously taking these murder machines away from me. Uncle Sam always knows what's best, God Bless America! Grace be to you, oh Lord!"
edit on 18-9-2020 by bigsnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Thats not the premise of the thread. I'm asking Christian Trump supporters, who make up a huge part of his base, how they feel about Trump making laws that want to indoctrinate our children into loving a piece of land and a perceived superior cultural identity on the same level as their love for God when the Bible CLEARLY states that all those who love earthly things are enemies of God.

John 18:36
Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

Yet when the fighting in the streets starts due to the #show of an election we're going to have, Trump supporters will believe they are killing their fellow man "for God" and his kingdom even though the Bible specifically says not to do this and even WARNS about the people who do.

John 16
2 In fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. 4 I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them.

According to Jesus it isn''t the evil Satan worshippers we have to worry about. It's the religious hypocrites that think they are righteous but have no clue how to be so.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

1. First you take life too seriously what other people say.

Yes I take the words of our president and how they prove to be against God seriously. I wish others did too.

2. Churches in our heart heaven is in our eyes that we see when we touch the spiritual world of human spirituality.

No idea how this is relevant to anything but ok.

3. Trump is right not so much about teaching love for your country in the school but how to approach the respect for your country in the school is much is probably what he actually means.

Excuse me what? Trump maybe probably really meant that we should respect our country? I'm not following.

4. I say the above because if one does not like him or herself it's going to be nearly impossible to love one's country but that doesn't mean that that person can't achieve enlightenment through respecting his or herself in the future and if that happens then the possibility of having respect for the country that you live in will exist both physically and mentally.

Again not sure what this has to do with anything or what you're trying to say but nonetheless, you've hit on a good point there about liking yourself affecting your ability to love your country. Trump is undeniably a malignant narcissist which means by definition he hates himself and according to your logic, is INCAPABLE of loving America (or anything but his false image for that matter)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join