It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park cancelled by SBS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Thank you, Matt and Trey for one of the most honest and down-to-earth comedies the world has ever known.

Agreed but all good things come to an end , one could argue South Park should have bowed out gracefully a decade or so ago , perhaps Matt Groening should consider this too.

They aren't stopping production. Aus is just not going to carry it.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Thank you, Matt and Trey for one of the most honest and down-to-earth comedies the world has ever known.

Agreed but all good things come to an end , one could argue South Park should have bowed out gracefully a decade or so ago , perhaps Matt Groening should consider this too.

Wow! A funny TV show censored in a country pretty much owned by China and that's all you got,LOL. Will you say that when Australia is in the chitter, well all good things come to an end.

Yes I know it's just a TV show so no need to answer,I always thought Austrailia was an independent lot.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Wow! A funny TV show censored in a country pretty much owned by China and that's all you got,LOL.

My comment was reflecting the fact South Park has been running over 20 years , everything has it's sell by date.

Will you say that when Australia is in the chitter, well all good things come to an end.

We're all in the chitter now , all good things do come to an end.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ah , that's a shame.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ah , that's a shame.

Why? Nobody is gonna make you watch it.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Why? Nobody is gonna make you watch it.

I don't watch it , used to love South Park but unlike some , it seems , I get bored of the same old same old.

Just thinking about Starvin Marvin still makes me smile that episode had me in tears but the creativity left the show years ago IMHO.

Same holds with the Simpsons , it's just not funny anymore it's a parody of itself.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

But, but... The Simpsons keep predicting the future don't ya know??

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Australia’s got Hulu, don’t they? Problem solved.

We’ve never had cable, who wants to pay $100+ a month for a bunch of crap you’ll never watch? So we just use all the streaming sites via my PlayStation, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max. Depending on what’s airing at the time, I’ll add on additional channels to Prime. Like when Westworld has a new season, I’ll pay the $12 a month extra for HBO then drop it. Then you can always kind of cheat the system; once a year Amazon will give you 1 free week of a premium channel like HBO or Showtime, so if you can hold out until an entire season of something has aired, you can sign up for the free trial and bang every episode out over the course of a week then cancel it. (Though I always forget to cancel and end up paying for multiple channels)

In regards to South Park, I agree, it’s been one of, if not the most, poignant/on point social commentaries the world has ever seen. I think around and after 2016 they had to take a slight step back from politics because reality was writing better episodes than they could have.

It’s amazing what a few pieces of construction paper can do. That show came out when I was in 8th or 9th grade and far surpassed any episode of Beavis and Butt-head. You can still go back and watch every episode and they’re just as funny now as they were when they aired.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Cancelling, it's the modern American Democrat party led fascist way.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I haven't watched South Park in decades maybe it is time for some re-watching!

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Cancelling, it's the modern American Democrat party led fascist way.

Uh...did you or are you able to read the OP or follow the links? Good to know you blame the "American fascist Democrats" BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA! Typical

It is canceled in Australia...

Australia will miss you hilariously calling out the bull# for what it really is...

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 18 Sep 2020 13:53:16 -0500pm1America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Wow! A funny TV show censored in a country pretty much owned by China and that's all you got,LOL.

My comment was reflecting the fact South Park has been running over 20 years , everything has it's sell by date.

Will you say that when Australia is in the chitter, well all good things come to an end.

We're all in the chitter now , all good things do come to an end.

It isn't about the show it's about the fact that it's being censored. As far as the content and marketability if it still makes money and people are willing to pay to have it made that's capitalism 101. But when a government-owned by a foreign communist dictatorship allows questionable political correctness or loud minority opinion to dictate what's available to watch its outright censorship. In a supposedly free country, it's a troubling sign.

BTW so we are in the chitter just accept it?
edit on 18-9-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Trey and Matt are the best, they have Tegrity.

I’m super stoked!! I thought SP was gone forever!! 2020 was made for South Park!!

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The China virus is harmless and the pathetic reaction that countries have taken is completely unnecessary

We all know that to be true. 99.96% recovery rate - without a vaccine.
So fricken deadly you have to be tested to even know you’ve got it.

SouthPark is going to portray that to the mindless media-fed masses

Better ban it.

Don’t ban cuties though, pedophilia is acceptable, truth is not.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Maybe the Aussies are ticked off because South Park made fun of Russell Crowe:

The Aussie government is "ticked off" because China is ticked off at South Park and the Aussie government is China's bitch. That much is bluntly obvious to the world at large.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Trey and Matt are the best, they have Tegrity.

Tegrity? No, I heard they have "Tree Fiddy"

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Read what a I wrote VERY SLOWLY.

I know it's hard for room temp IQs.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I haven't watched South Park for over a decade which certainly gives me no right to hate on it nor promote it but your desire for it to be cancelled is rather peculiar...

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

South Park is cancelled? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm crying!
edit on 18-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Aaaaand, it’s gone.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join