It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you were "bad kids"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

No felony convictions.

A few of the people I ran with died young.
A few of the people who tangled with me ended up tried as adults for murder.

I was no saint though.
One time my sister in law who worked at the County Sheriff's Records Dept. told me how embarrassed she was reading off all the stuff on my rap sheet to a cop making enquiries about me.

Rap sheets have lots of unprovable in a court of law allegations.

What made you do it?

I guess I just chose to be a rebel without a cause or something like that.

PS
My Juvenile record was sealed. So I'm not gonna discuss any details. The FBI got a copy though, just before it was sealed.

So the routine background check that the FBI did for my [ redacted ] clearance that should have taken about 3 weeks went on for 6 months.

When they got to end of their investigation, these 2 Special Agents put me under oath to clear up questions about the most innocuous item. One of the SAs appeared to be scared Sh**less for some reason. I don't know what somebody might have written from witness statements about what I was like as a kid.
edit on 18-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Change is hard.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

No felony convictions.

A few of the people I ran with died young.
A few of the people who tangled with me ended up tried as adults for murder.

I was no saint though.
One time my sister in law who worked at the County Sheriff's Records Dept. told me how embarrassed she was reading off all the stuff on my rap sheet to a cop making enquiries about me.

Rap sheets have lots of unprovable in a court of law allegations.

What made you do it?

I guess I just chose to be a rebel without a cause or something like that.

PS
My Juvenile record was sealed. So I'm not gonna discuss any details. The FBI got a copy though, just before it was sealed.

So the routine background check that the FBI did for my [ redacted ] clearance that should have taken about 3 weeks went on for 6 months.

When they got to end of their investigation, these 2 Special Agents put me under oath to clear up questions about the most innocuous item. One of the SAs appeared to be scared Sh**less for some reason. I don't know what somebody might have written from witness statements about what I was like as a kid.

Props.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
No felony convictions.

Lightweight.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

[ redacted ]

An excerpt from my unpublished memoirs.
edit on 18-9-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman
Maybe you were a victim of our society which denied you an opportunity to channel all that energy in a more positive way.

Nope, I enjoyed blowing s*** up.

Me too. Almost got taken to jail for it on New Years Eve when I was 14. If it weren't for my grandparents I'm sure I would have. Almost got caught doing a lot of things, severely bent a lot of rules but never enough to end up in court or jail. My younger brother did though, lots of drug use, a night in jail and a couple of brushes with the courts.

But hard-core? Nope. We never hurt other people. Never put anyone else's life in danger. Just bored kids having a lot of unsupervised fun. He might have gotten his diploma through an alternative high school but I don't remember now.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I was a good kid and always strove to get straight A’s throughout school. I was very introverted and shy, constantly bullied. I saw school as something to get through to get on with my real life. I was the first (and only) one in my family to make the honor roll and be inducted into the National Honor Society. The thought of going to four more years of school made me want to barf, so I enlisted in the Navy. One of the best decisions I made. It wasn’t until I got in the Navy and away from home that I became a rebel. I was always doing little things, just skating on the edge, but never got caught. I was playing with fire as I held a top secret security clearance.

I had a lot of fun bending and sometimes breaking the rules. I may have been an adult, but I certainly didn’t act it most of the time. I acted more like a 16 year old. Men outnumbered women 20-1, so I had a lot of boyfriends, sometimes 3-4 at a time. It was fun juggling all those men around. Then there was sneaking into the men’s barracks and having to sneak back out before the roving patrol came through in the morning. I was a pretty bad girl. And I had a very bad reputation. I settled down when I met the man who became my husband. But we were both playing with fire, because he was my superior in rank and we were fraternizing. So we were always sneaking around.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
He might have gotten his diploma through an alternative high school but I don't remember now.

I received my diploma through an alternative school, too. One thing I've inferred over the years: if your diploma says "_______ Alternative School", there's no real need to hang onto it. It's never going to be an asset.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Definitely was considered a problem child. Never believed anything at face value, also questioned what I was taught, and had a natural curiosity to learn things and how they worked.

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I’ll tell you the same thing I told the cops back then.

“No comment”

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join