It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC and Biden Mask Hysteria Ramps Up as Covid-19 Declines - What is Their Motive?.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thursday, September 17, 2020

Yesterday, Joe Biden said his legal people tell him that, as President, he will be able to issue a nationwide Face-Mask mandate. Such a mandate would probably dictate what type of mask must be worn. Must be "compliant".

More at: nypost.com...

But the real bombshell comes from Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Robert Redfield. Yesterday, he said Face Masks work better than a Covid-19 Vaccine will!

THE HEAD OF THE CENTERS for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday said that masks could be more reliable for protecting against the coronavirus than a vaccine, which likely won't be widely available to the public until "the second or third quarter" of next year.
Source: www.usnews.com...

Both Biden and Redfield know that a Vaccine will soon be available. Why do they both talk as if Covid-19 will be at Epidemic levels for many months to come? And Redfield saying that a Mask is safer than the Vaccine??? Come on!

With NO VACCINE, Covid-19 Hospitalizations have been declining steadily since July 25th: covidtracking.com... . Only 51% of Americans get a Flu vaccine. The Covid-19 vaccine will probably have even fewer customers.

There is some hidden reason why Biden and Redfield are so Pro-Mask / Anti-Vaccine. I'm sure it will surface eventually.

-CareWeMust

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just my usual dumb conspiratorial theory here:

The mask is about stripping the identity, the personality, from individuals--literally leaving us as a faceless population.

Have you tried exchanging smiles with someone in your mask lately? Doesn't translate too well does it...

Divide and conquer is getting serious. They want us distrustful and suspicious. Putting everyone in masks is a great way to do that eh? Remember when only criminals wore masks?

Reminds me a little of shaving the heads of new military recruits, or prisoners etc. A physical dismantling of individualism, identity, and agency.

They're tearing down a very basic and universal part of humanity and an instinctive level of communication. Keep your social distance too.

But what do I know I'm so dumb

edit on 17-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Their motive is to counter Trump's comment about masks at his town hall. Their motive is public safety.

edit on 17-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

A good conspiracy would be that this has been a test for facial recognition software.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

In NYC there have been about 10-12 deaths in the past week that they've attributed to "Covid". ( in other words, they died of something else while having Covid present in their system. ) That's 10-12 in a city of over 8 million plus.

Yet for some reason, mask enforcement still has more fervor behind it than ever. "Civilian mask enforcement" driven purely by fear. I get dirty looks when I walk down the street for being mask-less. I cycle all throughout the city and will NEVER ride with a mask on because its detrimental to my respiratory system. I find it funny when I get looked down upon by the liberal morality police who themselves appear as if their immune system is a fragile as a Ritz cracker from a vegan-soy-estrogen ridden lifestyle.

This year has demonstrated once again just how powerful the tool of fear is when used on the weak and impressionable. And I have a feeling long after a BS vaccine comes out and overall cases decline we'll be seeing people unwilling to walk in public without their masks long into the 2020's.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Their motive is to counter Trump's comment about masks at his town hall. Their motive is public safety.

Since the dangers of this virus were blown completely out of proportion I would say the biggest threat to public safety is the long term effects of the shut down overreaction.

We will be feeling the economic repercussions for many years and that will hurt the public, especially the lower income.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

A good conspiracy would be that this has been a test for facial recognition software.

Hate to tell you, but facial recognition can already identify you with a mask. Instead, what's being tested is the solidarity of Americans.

e.g.

edit on 17-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The mask is also brutal for those of us who don't hear well!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

By that logic, masks should be worn outside the home as long as airborne contagious diseases exist. Saving one life is worth inconveniencing 300 million people.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Don't worry...here is the latest news from Biden.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I agree. However, you asked what their motivation was for coming out so strongly right now. They're making these public statements right now because of Trump's comments about not liking masks and waiters at his town hall. Flu season is upon us, we don't have a Covid 19 vaccine right now, and getting the flu and Covid 19 isn't going to be pretty. So get flu shot and mask up! For now, at least.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I have moderate hearing loss and my weakness is speech clarity.

I notice people who are being put into masks and forced to talk through plexiglass for the first time are having a lot of trouble hearing each other as well. Now I'm the one who has to speak up and enunciate for them.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I've heard that it's still not very good with asian and african faces but I can't be sure.

But I do agree..
It is also testing how far the sheep will follow

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Good. So masks are not a threat to public safety. Mask up! It'll hurt no one.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed
Exactly! I bet more people died in NYC last week from stand-alone Pneumonia than those 12 Covid-19 deaths.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Good. So masks are not a threat to public safety. Mask up! It'll hurt no one.

Incorrect. Masks increase bloodstream Co2 levels/reducing Oxygen levels, due to re-inhaling your own Carbon Dioxide.

Making you more docile and subject to being "controlled".

Thread on the Subject: www.abovetopsecret.com...

China would love for Americans to be in a state of mind like that!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thursday, September 17, 2020

But the real bombshell comes from Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Robert Redfield. Yesterday, he said Face Masks work better than a Covid-19 Vaccine will!

THE HEAD OF THE CENTERS for Disease Control and Prevention on Wednesday said that masks could be more reliable for protecting against the coronavirus than a vaccine, which likely won't be widely available to the public until "the second or third quarter" of next year.
Source: www.usnews.com...

Both Biden and Redfield know that a Vaccine will soon be available. Why do they both talk as if Covid-19 will be at Epidemic levels for many months to come? And Redfield saying that a Mask is safer than the Vaccine??? Come on!

With NO VACCINE, Covid-19 Hospitalizations have been declining steadily since July 25th: covidtracking.com... . Only 51% of Americans get a Flu vaccine. The Covid-19 vaccine will probably have even fewer customers.

There is some hidden reason why Biden and Redfield are so Pro-Mask / Anti-Vaccine. I'm sure it will surface eventually.

-CareWeMust

Numerous logical mistakes in your post:

1. Redfield did not say that masks are “safer” than a vaccine or definitely would work better than vaccines. He said masks COULD be more EFFECTIVE than a vaccine because nobody knows exactly how effective any particular vaccine is until it is developed and tested. Tamiflu against H1N1, for example, had an effectiveness of what? 20% or 30%? Masks have been shown to cut the aerosols emitted by a contagious person by about 85%.

2. Nobody, including you and Donald Trump, “knows” exactly when a vaccine will be available or which one it will be until it successfully completes Phase 3 trials. Even if you knew with 100% certainty right now which vaccines worked and how effective they were, their production still has to be ramped up to hundreds of millions of doses in order to have a significant Impact on the outbreak. How long that will take depends on which vaccine turns out to be effective.

3. You answered your own question about why Biden and Redfield talk as if Covid-19 will be at epidemic levels for months to come if you think that less than 50% of the population would actually take a vaccine after it is developed.

4. Being pro-mask now does not mean that someone is “anti-vaccine”. There are no vaccines available now, but masks are easily available now and have proven levels of effectiveness. When a vaccine becomes widely available, people who are pro-mask now will become pro-vaccine. The two positions are not mutually exclusive. When vaccines do start being introduced, there will actually probably be a period of time when both masks and vaccines are being advocated. Since you seem to not be able to hold two thoughts at the same time, that probably blows your mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a while now.
Why haven't we heard of an increase of robberies during the "mask up" covid nightmare?

If I, a regular, non criminal person, have thought "hey, seems like it would be easier now to do a robbery", I would have thought a criminal would have come up with that idea, before me.

But that strangely does not seem to be the case.
I guess people are more honest during a pandemic.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

what's being tested is the solidarity of Americans.

That's right , they are testing to see who is blindly willing to follow directions end of story.

Wearing a piece of cotton paper over your mouth and nose does not do anything to prevent the spread of a virus .

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I have moderate hearing loss and my weakness is speech clarity.

I notice people who are being put into masks and forced to talk through plexiglass for the first time are having a lot of trouble hearing each other as well. Now I'm the one who has to speak up and enunciate for them.

That's why when talking to people who are wearing masks, I keep our conversation to a minimum. Can't understand much of what they're saying if they speak quietly. With no mask, I can read their lips.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join