It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a crisis of morality which goes beyond the ancient ways of Mankind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Point to a time in history that mankind was ever morally sound.

We are cavemen.
Constantly killing our fellow man since we stood upright and conquering other tribes.

We've fooled ourselves into thinking we are intelligent and rational.

Apocalypse means unveiling. The veil that is over our eyes is the technology and comfort that runs our lives. Remove the veil, turn off the lights and you see humanity for what it really is.

Things aren't going to hell in a handbasket, in actuality mankinds true self is coming out.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I agree with you on your points. My point is that it is normal human behavior that is being caged. In the current environment, if you are normal, then you are actually stupid and should be ashamed of your thoughts and feelings and not talk about them. Although this isn't a REAL thing, it is definitely a suggested and promoted thing.

For instance, feeling that homosexual acts are disgusting is BAD even though a person might literally feel physical disgust thinking about it.

Not many people would admit their actual feelings about that behavior if they found it gross these days (in the west) will they?

Of course not, you can't even joke about it in "good company".

I could go on and on, but basically there is a pressure cooker situation because of the many current social "stipulations".

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Are we headed for a crisis of morality?

I would say we are deeply in a crisis of morality for several generations now, approximately since the nominal zenith of moral actions of the US at Nuremberg. Since that time we seem to have lost what moral guidance we had.

Ike talked about it in his Farewell Address.

My view is that the process is accelerating in recent years.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: eletheia
I agree with you on your points. My point is that it is normal human behavior that is being caged. In the current environment, if you are normal, then you are actually stupid and should be ashamed of your thoughts and feelings and not talk about them. Although this isn't a REAL thing, it is definitely a suggested and promoted thing.

We are what/who we are and as long as we don't infringe on or hurt others why

would we be ashamed? Each to their own.

For instance, feeling that homosexual acts are disgusting is BAD even though a person might literally feel physical disgust thinking about it.

A homosexual probably feels the same about hetrosexuals.......

What people feel is normal to them, as long as they dont force their views on

others live and let live.

Not many people would admit their actual feelings about that behavior if they found it gross these days (in the west) will they?

And why would they?

Unless you are being harrassed by them, don't sweat the small stuff.

There's lots in life to find abhorrent, avoid it.

Of course not, you can't even joke about it in "good company".

some people do !!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Society is getting gamed by social media platforms.
It's graphically spelled out in a nifty little movie currently on Netflix called "The Social Dilemma". Our habits and the psychology of how to push us has been studied, refined and implemented across many platforms. The interesting part is just how many programers, engineers ect joined in to explain it.

ALL of them recommended disconnecting from social media.
To their credit they are appalled at the division social media is fomenting, the absolute ability of AI algorithms to feed each of only information that we want to hear, making virtually ALL news fake news.

Watch it if you can, it's absolutely mind boggling!

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
For ages there have been those that argue technology 8a what was given to man to make man fall. I never understood how anyone could be so stupid as they claimed electric technology and communication was meant to stay with the entities called God or gods and that it would corrupt mankind. Suddenly just a few years after thinking that so stupid, I think it may be true. It really may.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Aside from identifying certain world developments, the Bible foretold that the last days would be marked by a change in human society. The apostle Paul described what people in general would be like. We are told: “In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.” (Read 2 Timothy 3:1-5.) Paul said that people would be:

- lovers of themselves

- lovers of money

- disobedient to parents

- disloyal

- having no natural affection

- without self-control

- fierce

- lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God

- having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power

Have people become like that in your community? No doubt they have. There are people everywhere who have bad traits. This shows that God will soon act, for the Bible says: “When the wicked sprout like weeds and all the wrongdoers flourish, it is that they may be annihilated forever.”​—Psalm 92:7.

Regarding the last bolded trait:

False Religion is a Snare and a Racket (playlist)

A more complete picture of the Bible's message and prophecy concerning the period known as “the last days” in light of our history and how we got to this point (the term “New World Order” is also briefly mentioned towards the end, it might correct some misunderstandings people on ATS have about that subject, those into conspiracy entertainment usually; Alex Jones, David Icke, Alan Watt, Jordan Maxwell, John Todd, Bill Cooper, Bill Schnoebeln, Fritz Springmeier, not his real name btw, Mark Dice, etc. are not going to wake up anyone regarding the real issues here, or educate people about the real power structure or hierarchy in this world. And neither will QAnon threads, or any of the other popular conspiracy threads on ATS):

edit on 18-9-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Some things I've read and heard make me think that Trump could be the White Rider, the 1st horseman. A lot of people think it's Christ, but some of the symbolism doesn't match up quite right.

He goes out to conquer, and in a lot of places, he has inspired populist revolt against the globalist order that was quietly installing itself, and the result has been increasing violent and authoritarian reaction from the status quo.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here is my 2 cents: When people are unemployed and angry they want other people to be miserable too....so they throw a tantrum like a toddler. We are an over populated and polluted dirty animal. So nature is restoring balance. It’s scary when Mother Nature takes charge. So again people are reacting on a primitive tantrum level. Find community service jobs for the arrested people. Picking up road side trash and recycling programs. I heard there is an aluminum can shortage.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Right now we're in a post-truth, post-moral world. Everything is moral relativity.

“What Is Truth?”

THAT question was cynically posed to Jesus by the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate. He was not interested in an answer, and Jesus did not give him one. Perhaps Pilate viewed truth as too elusive to grasp.​—John 18:38.

This disdainful attitude toward truth is shared by many today, including religious leaders, educators, and politicians. They hold that truth​—especially moral and spiritual truth—​is not absolute but relative and ever changing. This, of course, implies that people can determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. (Isaiah 5:20, 21) It also allows people to reject as out-of-date the values and moral standards held by past generations.

The statement that prompted Pilate’s question is worth noting. Jesus had said: “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Truth to Jesus was no vague, incomprehensible concept. He promised his disciples: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​—John 8:32.

Where can such truth be found? On one occasion, Jesus said in prayer to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) The Bible, written under divine inspiration, reveals truth that provides both reliable guidance and a sure hope for the future​—everlasting life.​—2 Timothy 3:15-17.

Pilate indifferently rejected the opportunity to learn such truth. What about you? ...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join