It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Media is Angry that Big-10 Football Play is Resuming as President Trump Suggested.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: anton74

originally posted by: ketsuko
No one is paying any attention to Major League Soccer. They've been playing for a while now. As far as I can tell, they've done little virtue signalling, and they've barely had any COVID issues, not none, but few.

Notice how they aren't in the press at all either like they don't exist at all?

No one has EVER paid attention to Major League Soccer! The local Bridge club is doing fine as well.

Funny, I started to take an interest in professional soccer, then the women’s Olympic team came along and busted that up with all their SJW BS and............I’m out.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74

It has a decent enough following here in KC. You see the local team's logo decals on plenty of cars, and not just one cars for Hispanics, either.

I think people caught on the idea that it was cheaper than either the local NFL and MLB team for a nice enough evening at out with family, and there are plenty of kids playing soccer for the kids to enjoy going to a game here and there. It helps that the team is apparently reasonably successful too.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As a Tennessee Volunteer fan and SEC supporter I wholeheartedly resent the USA Today writer saying the “Big 10 became the SEC.” In their dreams, maybe.

edit on 16-9-2020 by azvol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen
You've heard about the China $$$ coming to certain U.S. organizations too? That explains how they're able to keep salaries and rents paid, even while not playing...and in no rush to resume.

Any proof on that and is the FBI investigating into such claims ?

Only well-placed rumors. Especially regarding the NBA. Huge salaries continue...payments continue on huge/beautiful facilities...even though revenue is squat this year. NBA was the first sport to shut down too. With only 2 players having Covid-19.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Big Ten's decision today to play football, signals darkest day in conference's sports history.

Sound like a bunch of racists to me. Implying dark==bad.

More like EVIL than racist, imo. Dark = Evil

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
People are done with having their life put on hold. 2 weeks fine. 6 weeks acceptable. 12 weeks barely tolerable. I would rather die in the course of living than have a long life of doing nothing. These players have the right and ability to opt out. It is their time to shine on the football stage, should they so choose.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
No vaccine should go out till they have a 2-year test I reckon I don't know for sure

reply to: carewemust

With the way hospitalizations and death numbers are dropping: covidtracking.com... , it's no wonder that 60% of Americans say they will not get a Covid-19 vaccine.

Only 51% (on average) Americans get an annual Flu vaccine, and the Flu kills 30,000 every year.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
For some reason my post wont go past 49 characters.
Wisconsin is great, I guess, since I can't put out my actual post.
edit on 17-9-2020 by haaat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I've noticed an alarming number of sports reporters, who for whatever reason, seem to be routing against sports getting played.

Their entire profession exists to cover sports, but they don't seem to want them to happen.

It's weird.

Because they are want to be social justice warrior reporters. The race war has to be in your face all the time now. No neutral ground anymore.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
No vaccine should go out till they have a 2-year test I reckon I don't know for sure

reply to: carewemust

With the way hospitalizations and death numbers are dropping: covidtracking.com... , it's no wonder that 60% of Americans say they will not get a Covid-19 vaccine.

Only 51% (on average) Americans get an annual Flu vaccine, and the Flu kills 30,000 every year.

www.cdc.gov...

If you have herd immunity, why would you need a vaccine.

Why did the Spanish flu burn itself out??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join