It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Media is Angry that Big-10 Football Play is Resuming as President Trump Suggested.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
September 16, 2020

This morning the "Big 10" football conference announced that games will be played, beginning October 24th.

ESPN sounds delighted!

The Big Ten will kick off its football season the weekend of Oct. 24 after the league's presidents and chancellors unanimously voted to resume competition, citing daily testing capabilities and a stronger confidence in the latest medical information, the conference announced Wednesday morning.

Each team will attempt to play eight games in eight weeks, leaving no wiggle room during the coronavirus pandemic before the Big Ten championship game on Dec. 19. That date will also feature an extra cross-division game for each school, with seeded teams in each division squaring off.

The Big Ten would complete its season before the Dec. 20 Selection Day for the College Football Playoff.
Source: www.espn.com...

But there are 50 angry articles, to every 1 happy article.

The "USA Today" newspaper is 1 of the 50:

Big Ten's decision today to play football, signals darkest day in conference's sports history.

As proof, one only had to look at the conference’s prudent August decision to shut down fall sports in the midst of the global pandemic. It was only natural that the Big Ten would follow the Ivy League, and that the Pac-12 would follow the Big Ten. It was a tough decision, heartbreaking and costly, but it was the right one.

Then came today, the darkest day in Big Ten sports history, the day the vaunted conference caved. It choked. It got scared. It became the SEC.

Just as the Big Ten was looking smarter by the day as COVID-19 outbreaks popped up at Michigan State, Wisconsin and Maryland while other conferences playing football announced COVID-related postponements and soaring cases, the league’s presidents reversed themselves and decided to steer their schools and their football programs right into the teeth of what are predicted to be some of the worst days of the pandemic in October and November.
Source: www.usatoday.com...

You'd think these journalists (or whatever they call themselves) go to bed every night thanking God the PAC-10 Football Conference is protecting the athletes, coaches and students, by not playing football.

It's unreal how over-the-top their reactions are to Big-10 Football play starting up...over 1 month from today. I realize that most of the media are owned by liberal Democrats. But couldn't they find a better excuse to get angry...or another target?

Covid-19 hospitalizations and deaths have been steadily dropping in this country since July 28th!

-CareWeMust

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Most of the MSM doesn't want America to go back to the way it was. They are trying their damnedest to punish the American people for wrongthink and wrongvote in 2016.

They are openly pushing for the "new normal".

They should be charged with sedition and put down.
edit on 16-9-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK
I think they even want to delay a Covid-19 vaccine so more Americans will die! That's the impression I got from listening to the media's response to a vaccine being ready/distributed in November or sooner.

They need to pay a heavy price...Democrats and their minions who run the Mainstream Media!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

A couple thing about this topic.

First.. The big ten commissioners kid goes to a SEC school and was playing.

Secondly.. The big ten knew that if they didn't play, many recruits in the coming years would go to other schools.

Money talks.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The Marxist organizations and the bought-off MSM will thrive relentlessly off Human failure and misery.

Get ready for a forced deluge of Democrat/NWO bullsheist.

😷🦇

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I've noticed an alarming number of sports reporters, who for whatever reason, seem to be routing against sports getting played.

Their entire profession exists to cover sports, but they don't seem to want them to happen.

It's weird.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't know behind the scene that says money talks but
1. Soccer is being played here
2. Sumo is being played now even though 18 sumo wrestlers tested positive for the virus
3. Pro baseball is being played here with limited spectators.
4. And it seems to be all school activities including sports are in full gear

I think Americans are being programmed what was in the past was normal is now not acceptable.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

President Trump congratulated the Big-10 commissioners during this afternoon's press conference. He then asked the "PAC-12" to follow the Big 10. Does the PAC-12 generate a lot of revenue too?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Every football program pays for all other college sports..
Mostly anyways..

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
You've heard about the China $$$ coming to certain U.S. organizations too? That explains how they're able to keep salaries and rents paid, even while not playing...and in no rush to resume.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Every football program pays for all other college sports..
Mostly anyways..

That explains why my son's little college places so much emphasis on the football program. Huge donations come in from alumni. Beautiful new stadium and parking garage, even though the team rarely has a winning season.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
You've heard about the China $$$ coming to certain U.S. organizations too? That explains how they're able to keep salaries and rents paid, even while not playing...and in no rush to resume.

Any proof on that and is the FBI investigating into such claims ?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Big Ten's decision today to play football, signals darkest day in conference's sports history.

Sound like a bunch of racists to me. Implying dark==bad.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Any proof on that and is the FBI investigating into such claims ?

The U.S. State Department revealed last week that, over the past three months, it has expelled more than a thousand Chinese "high-risk graduate students and research scholars" who were working at American universities.

The State Department said their visas were revoked under Presidential Proclamation 10043, issued by President Donald Trump at the end of May to counter "a wide‑ranging and heavily resourced campaign to acquire sensitive United States technologies and intellectual property, in part to bolster the modernization and capability of its military, the People's Liberation Army."

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
No vaccine should go out till they have a 2-year test I reckon I don't know for sure

reply to: carewemust

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
No one is paying any attention to Major League Soccer. They've been playing for a while now. As far as I can tell, they've done little virtue signalling, and they've barely had any COVID issues, not none, but few.

Notice how they aren't in the press at all either like they don't exist at all?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Could you please provide links to the other 49 articles that support your argument?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: SKEPTEK
I think they even want to delay a Covid-19 vaccine so more Americans will die! That's the impression I got from listening to the media's response to a vaccine being ready/distributed in November or sooner.

They need to pay a heavy price...Democrats and their minions who run the Mainstream Media!

People like you claim that this virus is a nothing burger. If that is so, why do we need a vaccine?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No one is paying any attention to Major League Soccer. They've been playing for a while now. As far as I can tell, they've done little virtue signalling, and they've barely had any COVID issues, not none, but few.

No one has EVER paid attention to Major League Soccer! The local Bridge club is doing fine as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is what I'm trying to say Americans are really being shafted out of their rights.

The main goal whoever is doing something to the American spiritual mind and being able to think for themselves coherently and conscientiously on the path of understanding truth and not truth.
All I can see from the outside and what I've been learning here on ATS which is really the best news program around the world is that Americans are being dumbed down to a point where what was right now is wrong what was the truth is now being told as a lie that is not good for the human Spirit nor the human mind nor for the populace of the American society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join