It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASKS What happened to You DO You????

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Lol.
Untrue, but you knew.
Proper masks reduce the spread.
And your carbon dioxide theory might be true if a mouse wore a human sized mask.
To be blunt, you have no idea what you are talking about.
As usual.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I wonder how many people wear masks because they truly believe they are necessary vs the number of people who wear masks because of pear pressure?

Cucumbers are much better for your face than pears.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anyone that says a mask doesn't restrict your air intake is full of it. If you actually have a laborious job and not an office job, you find that out real quick...a sweaty wet filthy rag wrapped around you nose and mouth while your in 100 degree weather , yeah been there.

And it's hard to take the mask thing seriously when you see a cashier playing with their germ laden mask and then touching every item on the counter. Id say they have spread more germs from cross contamination than anything.

The beef with people that don't want to wear them is they see the inconsistencies and actually have used their brain and can think for themselves.....telling them to put one on goes against their common sense. It's hard to regulate common sense out of someone, it's like telling them they can't think for themselves. Here, just do what we tell you, you know nothing. Doesn't fly very well with certain types of people.
edit on 17-9-2020 by standingwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

all those laws are for intentionally spreading it. ie spitting at someone and yelling "i have the wu-flu!" or having unprotected sex with someone while HIV positive... even then IF your charged its with assault and battery or making terrorist threats. not involuntary manslaughter lol stop making stuff up. go look up the state laws on spreading HIV as an example. mostly just reckless endangerment.

Also i'm not intentionally infecting anyone by not wearing a mask. just stay 6 feet away from me then right?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

i don't think "but Muh private business" should be used as an excuse to punish people for wrongthink... or are they facecrimes?

its the collective vs the individual. it's just a mask bro, you will be assimilated
edit on 17-9-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: rickymouse

all those laws are for intentionally spreading it. ie spitting at someone and yelling "i have the wu-flu!" or having unprotected sex with someone while HIV positive... even then IF your charged its with assault and battery or making terrorist threats. not involuntary manslaughter lol stop making stuff up. go look up the state laws on spreading HIV as an example. mostly just reckless endangerment.

Also i'm not intentionally infecting anyone by not wearing a mask. just stay 6 feet away from me then right?

Lol, I don't understand some people and their logic...

If a person is a criminal because the spread duh covid, then likewise you should also be a criminal for spreading the regular flu......Plenty of older compromised people have died due to the flu so what would be the difference? A death is a death, right? And by the way, since you can kill someone by giving them the flu, then that means we have to wear masks 24/7 365 days a year , we can never go back to normal.......

I swear sometimes this covid crap has gone straight to some people's heads.....it's like they have gotten brain damage and can't think anymore. Look, people, just because the media and government is hyping this thing up doesn't mean we throw away all our reasoning skills. We are still allowed to think for ourselves, right?....or are we?
edit on 17-9-2020 by standingwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Okey-dokey. ((takes my business elsewhere)), and tells others about it.

Great advertisements for a business, no?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what it's always been about. The oh so scary virus is just an excuse.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: standingwave

I spend the better part of my doing just that. In a dirty, dusty warehouse that the coolest temp I've ever seen was in the range of about 80 some degrees F, and that was in February when it was about 30 degrees outside.

At the end of the day, I've generally gone through 4 or 5 masks, and that's from someone who wears it as little as humanly, or continuing employment, possible.

Oddly enough, I'm hardly alone in that. I see people suddenly adjusting their masks upwards very frequently while at work, usually while someone is coming around the corner doing the same thing...
. Guess what, we've not had a single positive test for covid exposure in almost two months now, and only one actual case of covid during this entire pan(ic)demic. Hmm...
edit on 9/17/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The response from so-called "anti-maskers" is directly proportional to the social & economic blackmail and legislative retribution for not wearing them becoming more embedded and pervasive.

Pragmatically, the end result here is year-round masks in perpetuity. Many people dont like that notion.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: standingwave

I spend the better part of my doing just that. In a dirty, dusty warehouse that the coolest temp I've ever seen was in the range of about 80 some degrees F, and that was in February when it was about 30 degrees outside.

At the end of the day, I've generally gone through 4 or 5 masks, and that's from someone who wears it as little as humanly, or continuing employment, possible.

Oddly enough, I'm hardly alone in that. I see people suddenly adjusting their masks upwards very frequently while at work, usually while someone is coming around the corner doing the same thing...
. Guess what, we've not had a single positive test for covid exposure in almost two months now, and only one actual case of covid during this entire pan(ic)demic. Hmm...

About the same where I work, we wear them just enough to avoid important people. We have had four positive tests a couple months ago...all of them back at work within a couple weeks. They had such mild symptoms, couldn't understand the hype surrounding it.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's strange how many of the same people are worried sick about CO2 in the atmosphere and not worried about CO2 in masks 😎

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is a divisive issue, I have worn a mask and will wear a mask, but I am not in the habit of wearing one for 2 simple reasons.
1) I know it's not actually protecting me(I know because I sell them in my job, and hospitals have told me what actually works, the MSM is selling a dog and pony show of conformity)
2) The risk is real but greatly exaggerated to healthy people with no lung issues, in my area only 5 people have died out of about 1 million people, the risk is very small given those statistics.

That being said I would wear one if I took an airplane flight for sure, but going food shopping; nope.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Dunno...I've seen some pretty shoddy rush attempts to capitalize $$$.

I know it's right, others know it might be, others still don't....so...I lean on the cautious side like always...

Folks, do what you will...you're going to anyway...

Take care in your world friend...stay well

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its a social experiment. Face masks are only useful if your sick and coughing your guts out and like to go walking around in crowded public places. And in which case there more a determent because they just become breeding houses for bacteria and yes even viruses. So yes if there was such an epidemic, you would see more people transmit diseases and ickiness by there nasty nasty stank breath masks. As they would become something which is just chock full of all kinds of ickiness.

But its not. Its all mindfunkery. Those masks dont even work in keeping out drywall particles when working on constructions, or even are pretty useless for even cutting lumber to keep particles out of your face. In fact the opposite happens. There about as usefull as putting your hand over your mouth while deep sea diving to keep the water out.

Its retard stuff. To think that a cloth mask will keep away a virus. In fact if covid was actually that deadly. it would help spread the virus. Because? Drum roll please...Dum da dum dum. All those useless cloth face covering would just become breeding ground for viruses and bacteria and well? You name it.

edit on 10pmThursdaypm172020f4pmThu, 17 Sep 2020 22:35:50 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: made my post a bit less mean sounding...Yup.

edit on 10pmThursdaypm172020f4pmThu, 17 Sep 2020 22:56:05 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Dunno...I've seen some pretty shoddy rush attempts to capitalize $$$.

So've I. Kinda tacky, IMHO...

Nothing wrong with being cautious. I'm certainly, in certain circumstances, cautious. I usually wear my mask at checkout stands, or if an aisle of a store becomes crowded...mostly so as not to unduly arouse people who might take exception to the fact that I dare not to wear a mask. I find I prefer a quiet shopping trip most times.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Tell ya man, go this route as breathable as maskless and 99.9% of people you encounter aren't observant enough to notice anything beyond whether or not you appear to be "compliant." I've seen people working at stores locally wearing these for their shift.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Tell ya man, go this route as breathable as maskless and 99.9% of people you encounter aren't observant enough to notice anything beyond whether or not you appear to be "compliant." I've seen people working at stores locally wearing these for their shift.

We (wife n dog...well, no, not dog...) just wear it. Not on trails or parks...wide sidewalks, paths...no.

Everywhere close. Your car windows are about 3-5 ft distance at lights from other cars.

Think about that as we sit next to "God-knows-who-with-what" at our next light...

Just do it...don't let anybody force you tho...do it because you believe it's the right thing: or not!

I don't care. I'm retired, and I'm not the one gonna come for ya!

Peace, stay well.

EMT
edit on 18-9-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't believe it is the right thing. I believe it is little more than a distraction and a ritualistic throw away. Obviously it was going to be divisive, so it was pushed as a way to deflect anger and blame away from authorities and instead direct it at fellow citizens. We who don't wear masks are pissed at the nanny sheep and those who do wear masks are pissed at their fellow citizens who do not. Oldest game in the book where authority fomenting chaos to mask their own failures is concerned, really.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I don't believe it is the right thing. I believe it is little more than a distraction and a ritualistic throw away. Obviously it was going to be divisive, so it was pushed as a way to deflect anger and blame away from authorities and instead direct it at fellow citizens. We who don't wear masks are pissed at the nanny sheep and those who do wear masks are pissed at their fellow citizens who do not. Oldest game in the book where authority fomenting chaos to mask their own failures is concerned, really.

Even being a Responder...I still think youre right. And honestly? Who can tell any of us otherwise? And they are trying to...thats wrong. And so, youre right.

Kinda...but you understand I'd be remiss to not professionally state P.P.E.'s help prevent things. Period. Now, I happen to agree with you on letting people decide.

Give honest, helpful, truthful information...and let folks make an educated decision. Its always been like that...its just that now with this, good or bad, real or imagined threat of boogey-man viruses chasing us down these days...is a real concern.

Stay well Mr. B. Fight the good fight!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join