It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eternal is never not present.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is there such a thing as an eternal?

If there would be such a thing as an eternal it would be logical it would always be present.

Unless the universe is eternal this eternal would be of a different nature than the universe and everything in it but then where is this eternal present? In the purest of the present or would this eternal be the purest present self, a present not defined by time.

What if you could pass from a timeline to something timeless? A different consciousness unspoiled by everything mortal. A self existing consciousness from another source than the universe.

A unit, a unity.

Nothing of the world is one so we look inside to see outside.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

If there would be such a thing as an eternal it would be logical it would always be present.

Unless the universe is eternal this eternal would be of a different nature than the universe and everything in it but then where is this eternal present? In the purest of the present or would this eternal be the purest present self, a present not defined by time.

What if you could pass from a timeline to something timeless? A different consciousness unspoiled by everything mortal. A self existing consciousness from another source than the universe.

A unit, a unity.

Quite right, friend. The eternal "NOW" is ever-present, along with the past and present...I believe...moving alongside of each other always...

If one realizes eternity is...well, "eternal"...then we should move more securely through this world...much like a ladder we have to scale....scale it and descend it, even leap over it...still required.

We dont in practice, of course. We should...Peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I´m a firm believer that time is a physical part of our universe and thus was created together with the mass itself, that´s basically what Einstein proved when he discovered that time and gravity was connected and that still holds water scientifically.

If this universe was created by a mechanical process rather than by a God of sorts, then perhaps this universe exists inside a black hole in another universe with its own separate time and reality - some scientists postulate this. If an intelligence created our universe, then take for example the Bible which reads that God stood in the Void (or Ether) when he created the universe, which one can imagine is a separate time or beyond time. Hindus, on the other hand, believe that their God creates and destroys the universes over-and-over with sleep cycles in between.

If we could ever somehow escape the black hole we supposedly live inside and exit into our mother universe, would we even recognize it as "reality", or would the laws of physics & time there be so different it would drive you mad? Would we find out that it also is inside a black hole? Perhaps we´ll find out one day?

-MM
edit on 16-9-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
We are told we live in the present. It's common knowledge, everybody will tell you we do.

But how much is our consciouness or maybe our awareness rooted in the present?

What is the present nowadays? We can't even agree on our history. What is the present when humanity is divided in mind?

Only in the spirit of truth a mind is right and true.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
When Jesus said "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." he was saying he doesn't exist in the mind of time. He exists with the Father in the present. The Fathers will exist in the NOW. Our minds will exists in dreams of past/future. It is not one or the other. Mastering our mind, instead of being its slave, is the task of BEING.

If thine eye be single, thy body will be full of light

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

A unit, a unity.

Nice write up .

I would think what your talking about is " Heaven" .

I know I've had little glimpses in my life of Bliss, A moment in time so perfect so effortless no stress just a surrounding feeling of ease I always think in those moments Stay please Stay .

Time is unfortunately part of us and us part of it , the goal is to center yourself in the here and now dont live in the past and dont yearn for the future .

Because the past is gone and cannot be repeated , and the Future simply may not happen. The only assurance you have is now in the present moment , it seems a simple thing to live in it but I assure you it is very difficult. You must learn to detach yourself from the regrets of the past and the stresses of the future.

I see it as a form of enlightenment .

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The Eternal is The Present in the here and now.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The Eternal is The Present in the here and now.

I agree 100%

Time seems a curse really , a punishment if you will.

To me our brief mortality makes little sense when you consider the eternity of the Universe , A Universe we Evolved in so why are we stricken with mortality ? We as humans procreate and reproduce but even that is no guarantee of our continued existence.
edit on 16-9-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
If you look to see what is seeing what is appearing now....or rather, stop looking out at is appearing and turn and look toward that which is seeing (without a mirror)...you might be amazed.....

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Of which times are we aware?

I am aware of the day and the night.
I am aware of the years and their seasons.

I don't know if I'm aware of the times.

Is the modern age even a time?

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

The present Omnipresent

new topics

top topics

join