It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Riots Are Officially the Most Costly Manmade Damage to American Property in History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

OOps looks like all these riots and looting "protests" in the big Democrat cities is costing some big money !!

According to some outfit that tracks insurance claims, the damage is the biggest ever !!

Well that makes sense because many Democrat governments (local and State) have been and still are supporting the efforts !!

We know many are "claiming" to be doing all they can, but the facts remain that Democrats are all in favor.

It's obvious they are trying hard to create system overloads and actually are !!

All this crap is about beating Trump and getting Democrat loose money back.

Most riot areas are simply not asking for Federal assistance (National Guard) and that's how they're creating the overloads.

Trump could always invoke the Insurrection Act, but that could create other problems and certainly would give Democrats more fuel to attack Trump !!

Democrats are sacrificing their own for the cause of the Century !!!

The domestic terrorists in Antifa and Black Lives Matter have accomplished one thing: the most costly riots in the history of our country, reports the far-left Axios.

Property Claim Services, a company that tracks insurance claims filed due to riots and the like, found that the left-wing riots that occurred between May 26 and June 8 of this year could reach $2 billion in insurance claims.

Obviously, because the left’s domestic terrorism extended well beyond June 8 and is still ongoing, the company acknowledges “this is still happening, so the losses could be significantly more.”

Most importantly, these estimates are all being compared based on 2020 dollars. Meaning, previous riots, like the 1992 Rodney King Riots in Los Angeles, cost $775 million in 1992 dollars. That adds up to $1.42 billion today, which is still lower than the $2 billion Black Lives Matter Riots estimate — which again only covers eight or nine days of rioting that has never really stopped.

Nolte: BLM Riots Are Officially the Most Costly Manmade Damage to American Property in History

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Already? The BLM and ANTIFA Terrorist leaders say they are just getting started.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I disagree, the shutdowns are going to cost us well over $10trillion when it's all said and done.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That adds up to $1.42 billion today, which is still lower than the $2 billion Black Lives Matter Riots estimate — which again only covers eight or nine days of rioting that has never really stopped.

911 was the most costly manmade damage to American property, coming in at $2 trillion in damage.

Counting the value of lives lost as well as property damage and lost production of goods and services, losses already exceed $100 billion. Including the loss in stock market wealth -- the market's own estimate arising from expectations of lower corporate profits and higher discount rates for economic volatility -- the price tag approaches $2 trillion.

The loss of four civilian aircraft valued at $385 million.

The destruction of major buildings in the World Trade Center with a replacement cost of from $3 billion to $4.5 billion.

Damage to a portion of the Pentagon: up to $1 billion.

Cleanup costs: $1.3 billion.

Property and infrastructure damage: $10 billion to $13 billion.

Federal emergency funds (heightened airport security, sky marshals, government takeover of airport security, retrofitting aircraft with anti-terrorist devices, cost of operations in Afghanistan): $40 billion.

Direct job losses amounted to 83,000, with $17 billion in lost wages.

The amount of damaged or unrecoverable property hit $21.8 billion.

Losses to the city of New York (lost jobs, lost taxes, damage to infrastructure, cleaning): $95 billion.

Losses to the insurance industry: $40 billion.

Loss of air traffic revenue: $10 billion.

Fall of global markets: incalculable.

www.iags.org...

edit on 16-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
bLm is one of the most morally depraved political movements in history
Rarely do you see a group that is so cartoonishly evil with no redeeming qualities at all
They have NO valid points
They should not be listened to or respected
The deserve only scorn

And as far as helping the dNc to defeat Trump this year, they’ve failed. Trump is gaining support hand over fist thanks to bLm and the terrorist media
The anti-American dEms don’t stand a chance

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
911 was the most costly manmade damage to American property, coming in at $2 trillion in damage.

'Vid shutdowns have that beat already.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Property insurance premiums are already increasing thanks to BLM and antifa.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

911 wasn't a riot 🤓

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yawn @ this thread. What about indigenous people's land?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You just compared BLM/Antifa to terrorists.

The irony is just flat out comical.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Yeah !!!!!!!

What about it !!!!! 😣

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I disagree, the shutdowns are going to cost us well over $10trillion when it's all said and done.

I think it's more accurate and easier for people to digest when thinking of the two as 'Rona Shutdowns = Forced Lack of Income, and Terrorist Riots = Loss of property & products. So in that vein, the claim stands well on it's own.

These whiny #tards seem to think a business' money grows indefinitely on trees or some # and thus is no biggie. As evidenced by the lame-ass deflection yawner above me.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I think it's more accurate and easier for people to digest when thinking of the two as 'Rona Shutdowns = Forced Lack of Income, and Terrorist Riots = Loss of property & products. So in that vein, the claim stands well on it's own.

The riots/looting won't even come close, we're looking at a absurd increase in our debt and a devaluation of our purchasing power with the debt created and the amount of real income lost.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: game over man

Yeah !!!!!!!

What about it !!!!! 😣

The last bastion of someone caught in their own BS -- dismiss and deflect.

It's a tired old method, carting around that shovel constantly and continually digging their fetid little hole deeper and deeper. But they keep doing it. I think it's more a sign of sucking lemons when caught, rather than real, meaningful dedication to a topic of interest.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The riots/looting won't even come close, we're looking at a absurd increase in our debt and a devaluation of our purchasing power with the debt created and the amount of real income lost.

I know that. My intended insinuation was to break everything down to categories. In the "Adults Acting Like Rabid Toddlers" category, this is the most expensive example yet. I didn't say I agreed with the claim being the most expensive human-originating self-destructive foot-shooting all around.

Edit: Not bitching at you, just a little annoyed with myself for not making that clear as a bell to begin with.
edit on 9/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yet they are "mostly peaceful". Go figure.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Edit: Not bitching at you, just a little annoyed with myself for not making that clear as a bell to begin with.

Gotcha.

Now go make me a sammie.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

What the shutdowns didn't do to our country, the democrats will finish off.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Gotcha.

Now go make me a sammie.

HA! I just had one for a late lunch. You're getting black forest ham & cheddar on rye.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RKWWWW
Yet they are "mostly peaceful". Go figure.

I had no idea being a peaceful person cost other folks so much on your behalf. Weird, innit?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join