It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Career Advice from Joe Biden - Become a Coder or a Quartermaster.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Wednesday, September 16, 2020

During one of Presidential candidate Joe Biden's campaign stops, he told Coal Miners that they need to learn how to "code".

Source: thehill.com...

Yesterday, at an event in Florida, Joe Biden told his Hispanic (Latino Month) audience that they could start out as a "Quartermaster", and then work their way up to the women's section.

Look at this brief clip of Joe giving the career advice: twitter.com...

When I was in the Navy, the Quartermaster was responsible for physically steering the ship.

Here's the definition: dot-job-descriptions.careerplanner.com...

Is there another, more common, civilian "Quartermaster" job, maybe in a department store, that Joe Biden is possibly recommending?

I think he needs to stay away from career subjects, and stick to big-ticket issues, like how the Biden-Harris team will make the USA even greater.

-CareWeMust
edit on 9/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut

Are you endorsing the Coding, or Quartermaster recommendation?
edit on 9/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
"Some displaced coal workers do transition into other fields or industries, but critics say that the jobs that former coal workers usually find tend to pay only $12 to $15 dollars per hour as opposed to the approximate $75,000 a year salary that coal workers had while working in the mines." a reply to: carewemust

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CopeLongCut
Many computer-related positions pay at least $75k @ year, and are safer, healthier, for the most part.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I agree on the 75k part. Safe and healthier is what makes my head scratch though.a reply to: carewemust

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Joe has never had a job that hasn’t been suckling at the public teat. I don’t recommend taking advice from that lying, dog-faced, pony soldier.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

look I do IT, have done it for 20 years. any programmer worth their salt has lived, breathed, and loved coding for 10+ years. It's not something you "learn" its something you are. Coders are analytical designers, capable of bringing math, computers, and language to make something. having a coal miner that spent the last 20 years mining and not using those skills to the market just means the person is going to be unemployed and have a college bill. I would not hire them. Further, they are competing against kids out of college AND foreign H1 people that have massive amounts of either experience or education. I don't want to hire them either as its a pain in the ass to train. that said, they are trying to get entry level jobs, which basically pay 45K. Are they willing to work 50/60 weeks for that pay? doubt it, Biden doesn't have a damn clue.

Camain

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Coders??? Why not Doctors or Nuclear Scientist

-MM

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: camain
I "coded" back when Assembler and COBOL were the thing. Wasn't my cup of tea though. Cubicles and bosses drove me nuts.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
Coders??? Why not Doctors or Nuclear Scientist

-MM

Joe Biden doesn't like doctors. Nuclear is a bad word to liberals, but Joe loves SCIENCE.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Biden told the attendees that he heard there was quite a demand for stagecoach drivers and blacksmiths.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
My friend codes for a well-known banking firm, he makes over $200k a year and once his current contract is complete can easily get himself another position.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Why don't these miners and Hispanics just start their own YouTube channels? Its easier to learn how to make a video and post it on YouTube than it is to learn how to become a computer programmer and it can be far more lucrative.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
You can't believe this guy - no matter what he says anyway - not even sure he knows what he is saying - as long as it sounds good seems to be the MO

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wtf is a quartermaster?! Lol
In multilayer games the quartermaster gets to determine the loot sharing.
... Is biden recommending people go on raids and need to find a Latino to divy out the loot?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CopeLongCut
"Some displaced coal workers do transition into other fields or industries, but critics say that the jobs that former coal workers usually find tend to pay only $12 to $15 dollars per hour as opposed to the approximate $75,000 a year salary that coal workers had while working in the mines." a reply to: carewemust

Hey now! Biden/Harris will raise that minimum wage to $15/hour and that's a living wage, so don't you go downplaying that ...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yes, but if you learn to be a quartermaster, then you too can earn your way into the prestigious ladies wear section of your local Target!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
He meant to say McDonald’s, but “Quarter pounder” was the only thing popping into his head and out fell “quarter master”.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Biden told the attendees that he heard there was quite a demand for stagecoach drivers and blacksmiths.

Brilliant, this comment made my day ! LOL!

-MM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join