It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He Just Empties You All Out": Whistleblower Reports High Number of Hysterectomies at ICE...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Her goals were stated clearly: that she didn't want to see people with criminal history, money problems, or disease to be able to have children.

They were already sterilizing the criminally insane and "retarded"/mentally ill, which included a lot of "hysterical" women put away by their husbands and fathers.

Sanger's efforts were to bring birth control to married women, which was against the law, not to force it on underirable people. Doctors were already doing that.

ETA: The birth control method that Sanger pushed was the diaphragm, which is kinda hard to force on undesirable women.

edit on 17-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So, planned parenthood is racist and practicing eugenics because their target market is the poor to provide family planning services to... the same type of services that the more well can do can easily obtain from their own general practitioner or gynecologist?
Really???

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

i did not invent the term nor the concept of "adverse impact", nor did I begin considering it racist. That is the general terms that the legal system holds us to.

In todays terms, while the system may not be implicitely racist, the adverse impacts caused by the system meet all requirements for calling it that. I.e., 13% of the nation somehow makes up more than 50% of arrests.

You either use the measurement, or you don't. And if we not going to, we need SCOTUS to provide that guidance.

Eugenics was racist. There is no way to deny it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join