It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you deal knowing you will die?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I just wanna get my kicks before the whole #house explodes.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

The only concern I have about the afterlife is that God created Hitler, knowing Hitler would kill millions of God's children.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Scripture says God created I think he's got something special up his sleeve had a reason for it so that mankind could learn to adopt be a robot and come join him in his community that's something that's not a robot.

posted by: carewemust

The only concern I have about the afterlife is that God created Hitler, knowing Hitler would kill millions of God's children.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Same as I always deal....

One card at a time.

link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

If thats your belief system, then you know that god created Judas knowing he would betray his only son.

Human beings cannot grasp the mind of god any more than an ant can understand the intellect, will or planning of a rocket scientist.
edit on 15-9-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Same as I always deal....

One card at a time.

Too soon?

Not soon enough?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As I have wormed my way through this cluster we call "life," I have seen many things, and some of them can be classified as "miracles." A few of those can't be classified any other way. So after a while, I realized that there really is a God, He really does love us (His creations), and He really can be depended on.

So with that knowledge, I'm OK with dying. Just a nap, and then I'll get to meet the Creator face to face. And whoo-boy! have I got a lot of questions!

I figure I am here for a reason, and when I have finished my work here I'll get to take that nap. In the meantime, I do what I can and let God handle the rest. Come the day I die, He'll wind up handling all of that. I'm comfortable with that.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The older I get the more enticing death looks...just saying...

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I was raised to believe that God knows everything. That can be comforting or Troublesome, depending on the subject.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Look at it this way, you are already dead,the only difference is that you are operating a machine with a use by date. Whos atoms at that date have to be recycled.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

how do you deal knowing you will die?

Live for each moment , as no one is guaranteed they will take their next breath.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't know of any biblical deities, I don't believe in any manmade religion.

I've seen some s--t though, and in my skeptical mind, I don't understand it much, but I am suspecting it seems life isn't the only game in existence for...existence.

I can't be sure, but I've been presented with the notion that this is akin to a video game we all are playing (minus points). A bit like a really immersive multiplayer VR experience...but thats just in terms we could understand it. That comes a bit close to having a rational explanation to what I've experienced.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
couldn't care less. just another pulse in the eternal mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Since when did "God" have any problem with us dying by the millions? Hell, he did it himself a few times, just to avoid having to do the work and create something better.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Levity until that is no longer an option.
edit on 15-9-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Got no problem with dying. I've been sedated and knocked unconscious enough times to know the drill. Nothingness for eternity. Got it.

It's not like I can do anything about it except maybe delay it a little (very little), as if that's going to make any difference once I'm in the Big Void.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation. When we die our spiritual essence returns to the spiritual plain for want of a better term and flows into another to be living being, which can be anything. Another human, a fish, insect, even a plant on a planet unseeable from Earth.

The cycle of life, death and rebirth never ends. One day even the universe itself will die, only to be reborn again.

My belief is I, and everyone else has lived countless lives, and shall live countless more. I don’t remember my past lives. Few do. But the cycle is eternal.

Unlike most spiritual beliefs which provide comfort eith the prospect of death, mine fills me with a sort of existential dread. But that’s the path i chose i guess.
edit on 1592020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I look forward to it myself.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The say death is a part of life. Now that has to be saying either
life is a space between two nothings. Or death is a space between
two lives. And you're living the first one. Jesus Christ took all my fears
away. And replaced them with hope. Our Father can do anything if we
deserve it. Let your imagination ponder that for awhile,

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, as anyone honest will say at some point, people deal with it by not dealing with it or knowing, deep down, somehow, that they WON'T die. Not really.

Then after seeing loved ones expire en masse, or experiencing maiming or illness, the programing breaks and the doubts creep in. 'Maybe I will actually die! Eeek.'

Death is either something or nothing. The something option can cause some worry, depending.

But for myself, death doesn't worry me ...
it's the interminable, undignified DYING that scares the crap right outta me.

Western society's attitudes towards the old and it's systems of 'care' certainly don't reassure me, either.

Everyone's so terrified of death that dribbling, suffering husks are kept on life support, 'cause a still biologically active body is all that matters.

So, it's the process of dying that sucks arse.

Fix that and half the battle is won.

And if death scares you, think of living forever. Now that's hellish.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join