It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to GREATLY reduce Police brutality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I like this suggestion.

I also suggest in order to to GREATLY reduce Brown Supremacy rioting and destruction in case of officer involved death, that any damages caused during rioting and "peaceful" protesting will be reimbursed to the state and local authorities from the payout that eventually gets rewarded to the family of the criminal that was shot.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I’m not too keen on ex military beings cops either. I think there are obviously some exceptions but to me the training is too different and is too engrained, for a valid reason, in my opinion.

I also agree about the a-hole cops, where for some it is a power issue and take that power to the next level. I think one thing that for sure needs to change is how much power the police unions have. It seems like many of these cases that involve abuse of power or excessive force is also associated with officers with previous complaints regarding the same thing. The unions need to stop protecting these offenders

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

I’m not too keen on ex military beings cops either. I think there are obviously some exceptions but to me the training is too different and is too engrained, for a valid reason, in my opinion.

Exactly, too much of an us vs enemy mindset.

edit to add: I come from a long, long long, long long line of military families.
edit on 16-9-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thats actually an interesting idea........might work.

But as far as the cities are concerned, I still believe the best way to end police brutality is to:

1) Defund the police and terminate the physically competent; reduce force size by 50%;
2) Have the police stand down to the point they are just evidence gathering/clean up force long after an event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join