It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville and family of Breonna Taylor announce settlement in wrongful death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank God.

Can the Brown Supremacists destroying our country settle down now?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 15-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
America continues to reward criminal behaviour.
They are the new heroes, it seems.

WTF you talking about? what criminal behaviour?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Have you been downtown in any state capital in the last 5 months?

Jesus, get your head out of your ass. You have invisible white supremacists right wingers, but can't see lawlessness roaming any concrete jungle?

Oh, but cops shot someone. They bad, they come for my weed next. STFU, grow up.

Lowlife dredge shot my grandfather, part of the south Minneapolis gangs, but not all gangs are bad amirite? Jesus

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
a reply to: vonclod
Have you been downtown in any state capital in the last 5 months?

Jesus, get your head out of your ass. You have invisible white supremacists right wingers, but can't see lawlessness roaming any concrete jungle?

Oh, but cops shot someone. They bad, they come for my weed next. STFU, grow up.

Lowlife dredge shot my grandfather, part of the south Minneapolis gangs, but not all gangs are bad amirite? Jesus

Sorry about your grandfather.

WTF are you talking about?

Seriously!!! Do you know the topic of this thread, what happened?
edit on 15-9-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's what I thought as well. I read on ATS that she had drugs coming in and out of her property but got the old boyfriend confused with the new. I agree about her lack of innocence as well.

Because she was black, right? In too many minds, skin color denotes guilt. I see a lot of people here seriously invested in the belief that if you are black or brown and are kileed, you must have deserved it. So stretch facts or just make stuff up so you don't lose your investment. As a cop in Kentucky for 8 years I learned what a racist mess LPD was. When Louisville and Jefferson County merged and all the small bigoted factions came into Metro, it got worse. The long history of sgrgation didn't help. There was a de facto dividing line at about 22ndStreet. West of that was a free fire zone for the police. Constitutional rightsblonged to theeast end and St Matthews and J-town.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

Because she was black, right? In too many minds, skin color denotes guilt. I see a lot of people here seriously invested in the belief that if you are black or brown and are kileed, you must have deserved it. So stretch facts or just make stuff up so you don't lose your investment. As a cop in Kentucky for 8 years I learned what a racist mess LPD was. When Louisville and Jefferson County merged and all the small bigoted factions came into Metro, it got worse. The long history of sgrgation didn't help. There was a de facto dividing line at about 22ndStreet. West of that was a free fire zone for the police. Constitutional rightsblonged to theeast end and St Matthews and J-town.

So in another thread it is suggested the guy with her is also a criminal deep in it all. That the police actually knocked and announced who they were, that the guy actually shot through the door first striking an officer in his leg and that led to them breaking in and shoot too, which killed her.

Can anyone back this up?

If true..kind of puts a totally different perspective on it all doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: F4guy

So in another thread it is suggested the guy with her is also a criminal deep in it all. That the police actually knocked and announced who they were, that the guy actually shot through the door first striking an officer in his leg and that led to them breaking in and shoot too, which killed her.

Can anyone back this up?

If true..kind of puts a totally different perspective on it all doesn't it.

Maybe you should've looked up the facts before making this thread, throwing around allegations you "think" you read but actually have nothing to back it up. There's physical evidence that the police tried to cover up their f**k up and you're still ignoring the tap dancing purple elephant in the room
edit on 9/16/2020 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

This is insane! Cops were shot at! The Democrat leadership is the worst USA has ever witnessed. The outcome here will be that police will not anymore respond to drug calls, nor will apprehend anybody who is shooting around like a maniac. Forget any logic and rational here. Just let criminals and anarchists - the new Democratic Party - run the show ...
edit on 16-9-2020 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The family probably didn't get that much it sounds like an insurance settlement. they had a death in the jail here a few years ago. Guy OD'd after swallowing a bag of crack. All said and done wife got like $200k and she was dead 6 months later and the family tried to sue because they needed more money to survive because they were getting used to living big. Didn't go far.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The family probably didn't get that much it sounds like an insurance settlement. they had a death in the jail here a few years ago. Guy OD'd after swallowing a bag of crack. All said and done wife got like $200k and she was dead 6 months later and the family tried to sue because they needed more money to survive because they were getting used to living big. Didn't go far.

12 million is the number I heard this morning.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 16-9-2020 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No-Knock warrants have been successful, just like Stop & Frisk, so lets not let one successful black girl who decided to date a thug end our successful solutions.

As successful as she might have been the cops picked her apartment for a reason....So she wasn't a dealer, but also wasn't that innocent.

Yes she was just because her ex was wanted by police doesnt mean they can raid her apartment. even worse the guy who was there thought it was an intruder and started shooting while she hid in the bathroom. I dont blame him one bit if im in bed and I hear my front door bashed open someone is getting shot. Worse had they knocked she would be alive.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Maybe you should've looked up the facts before making this thread, throwing around allegations you "think" you read but actually have nothing to back it up. There's physical evidence that the police tried to cover up their f**k up and you're still ignoring the tap dancing purple elephant in the room

I'm just saying what was written in another thread here on ATS. I guess this comes down to whether the guy shot through the door or not, can you verify that he didn't?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yes she was just because her ex was wanted by police doesnt mean they can raid her apartment. even worse the guy who was there thought it was an intruder and started shooting while she hid in the bathroom. I dont blame him one bit if im in bed and I hear my front door bashed open someone is getting shot. Worse had they knocked she would be alive.

It seems they did knock...So as I said it is kind of important as to when the guy fired his gun...No knock warrant doesn't mean you can't knock...it means you can enter, so they can knock and announce who they are....

I'm hearing things in both direction, so it will be interesting in where this all ends up.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

ElectricUniverse has a thread going with a lot of documented evidence in it. Turns out the police did knock first, multiple times, and the boyfriend shot through the door. That's his own account. Then the door flew open and the gun fight ensued.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You're reading that account wrong, the door was rammed and then he shot. He was not a criminal, is a legal firearm owner and was not in the wrong at all.

edit on 16-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Maybe in your mind. I mean, only white police shoot blacks, right? I blame the media and their lack of interest in the truth for your misinformed conclusion.

According to you, she was killed because she was black.
According to you, I think she deserved it because she was black.
According to me, the police received a warrant to go into her house, which was a house of interest. One officer was shot through the door by the boyfriend after several knocks so the police came through the door with their guns blazing and Briona was caught in a crossfire that her boyfriend started.

You seem to only care about race, I prefer letting the facts come out so I can at least get close to the 3rd side of the story and since the boyfriend's version matches the version the police told, I'm able to come to a conclusion that has nothing to do with skin color. I'd suggest in the future, you try that method instead of running straight to the race card.

I'm not sure about you, but I've seen plenty of white drug dealers, they're just as paranoid and stupid as the black drug dealers.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No-Knock warrants have been successful, just like Stop & Frisk, so lets not let one successful black girl who decided to date a thug end our successful solutions.

As successful as she might have been the cops picked her apartment for a reason....So she wasn't a dealer, but also wasn't that innocent.

They knocked several times, the boyfriend who started shooting is the one who confirmed it. He shot through the door and hit one of the cops, that's when they went in guns blazing.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: LSU2018

You're reading that account wrong, the door was rammed and then he shot. He was not a criminal, is a legal firearm owner and was not in the wrong at all.

He said the door came off the hinges, then he shot, and then the door flew open and he shot again. I'm not reading it wrong, that's exactly what he said. The red flag here is that a door doesn't come off the hinges and then fly open afterwards. If it comes off the hinges, it's going to the floor immediately. And the police don't hit the hinge side with a ramming device, they hit the side with the door handle. He shot first, through the door, after several knocks. We can all speculate who was right, who was wrong, who was legal, and who was illegal. There are 3 sides to every story.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So are you saying they didn't knock and announce themselves and just rammed the door open? If that is true how did the guy know they were there to get his gun in the first place...do you watch TV with a gun in your lap, or if they were in bed how many screams of POLICE you think they said as they entered...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join