It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should a dosimeter be worn when visiting the new Fukushima nuclear disaster museum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
On September 20, 2020, a new museum will open in Futaba, Japan, in order to remember the Fukushima nuclear disaster. It could become a valuable teaching tool, especially now that Japanese Prime Minister Abe is stepping down.

But will it be safe to visit? The current plans suggest that many artifacts found in the aftermath of the disaster will be on display:

nuclear-news.net...

I hope that this nuclear disaster museum will dedicate some space to explaining about the exact heights of each of the tsunami waves that struck the Fukushima nuclear reactor site. Memories in Japan about exact tsunami heights otherwise tend to fade over time, given the amount of social turmoil and tragedy caused by each tsunami event.

Is it a problem that this new museum has been built in Futaba, a low area of the Kanto plain? Didn't much of the eastern part of Japan lose a few feet in elevation when the quake struck?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

Seriously - a museum to a still-ongoing disaster? I would wear a dosimeter if I only set foot anywhere in Japan.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

No.. You shouldn't.
Stay calm and chill

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well yeah I'm sure they do around anything labeled fukashima ...I got to wear it one at Comanche Peak.

That's a story they have this building material on a trailer Inside the fence of the containment area.

And God wanted me to have it so I kind of signed up for before they could sell it they were going to sell it to anybody I got it for $100 trailer full of. Metals ...set to go in the new office buildings there at Comanche Peak.

And three weeks later my buddy said it's yours we got to get it out of that containment area I'll bring my truck tomorrow you can drive that trailer to your house with my truck tomorrow ... so the next day I had to go in there by myself to set the trailer up because it was inside the Gate of the containment area

I had it everybody out there with guns watching me as I went through the gate hooked up to the trailer and drove it out of there and I got a home made nice Barn and it glowed in the dark
edit on 15-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
With all the millions of dollars that were put in these big containers that all major shopping centers and I'm talking millions of dollars well actually in actually being the fact that I live here and I get to see it personally I mean you're talking not 50 gallon barrels of donations we're talking like maybe 200 size barrel donations actually I don't know really huge I mean it must have been 8 ft tall well maybe not 8 ft but 6 ft tall I wondered if they took a lot of that donations and built the museum with it or was it used with people's tax money.

I would ask the scientist that monitor radiation levels in the area whether it would be safe to enter such a such a building with artifacts from the Fukushima nuclear power plant area.

personally I would like to see it but I would not like to take the risk of going to the museum and been exposed to any any level of radiation although on a daily basis I'm sure we are.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic Agreed. Since that museum is scheduled to open in 3 days from now, I'm going to also check on Monday or so to see if there will be a new website for that new museum. NHK Newsline will know if the first press reports on the new museum don't mention a new website. If there is a website for that museum, I'll post my questions there and report back on this thread if I get replies. Time will tell.

edit on 9/17/2020 by Uphill because: Changed a word.

top topics

join