It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And just like that, Covid relief was important

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The House is traditionally out of town for much of late September and October as members scatter to their districts for the stretch run of their reelection campaigns. If Pelosi keeps members in D.C. until a coronavirus relief package is passed it could harm vulnerable incumbents of both parties who could otherwise be meeting with constituents in their efforts to remain in office. But House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., noted the deal would be negotiated at the leadership level so rank-and-file members would not necessarily need to stay in their offices every day.

"I just got off a call with my colleagues. We are committed to staying here until we have an agreement, an agreement that meets the needs of the American people. We're optimistic that the White House at least will understand that we have to do some things," she said in a subsequent interview on CNBC.

So Pelosi all of the sudden has a change of heart and wants to come to the table and talk. I wonder if there was a recent poll showing American's disgust for these entitled assholes. Usually motivation for "coming to the aid of the American worker" has much more to do with re-election than any sort of care for the common plebe.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Pelosi have attempted to convince Republicans to meet them in the middle of the Democrats' more than $3 trillion proposal and the Republicans' opening $1 trillion offer -- at just over $2 trillion -- but the idea has been a nonstarter with Republicans, who have indicated they have little interest in passing another multitrillion spending bill after passing the $2.2 trillion CARES Act earlier this year.

If you don't let them have the pork they requested, they will throw tantrums, and stomp their feet. I don't think you low on the food chain people understand that Nancy and Chuck have family members who rely of contracts to make their millions. And they surely can't funnel some of that back to Chuck and Nancy if you don't allow them to propose endowments for the arts and such, which is critical to bringing small businesses back after being forced to shut down for the entire summer and most of the spring.

It's time for all these career idiots to be retired and term limits put in place. How long has Pelosi, Schumer, and Hoyer collectively been in office?

In 1987, Pelosi made the leap to public office

www.biography.com...

In 1980, at 29, Chuck was elected as a congressman from the 9th Congressional District.

www.schumer.senate.gov...

Hoyer joined the U.S. House of Representatives in 1981 through a special election after Rep. Gladys Noon Spellman’s seat was left vacant by illness; he subsequently won reelection.

www.britannica.com...

collectively 112 years just for these 3. If you wish to complain about GOP professional agitators, make your own thread, they exist too.
But I'm not going to calculate their collective net worth, that would really piss me off. Well, maybe once they come to an agreement, we can hear how mean Trump is, how horrible the republics were and how the democrats saved the day, by sacrificing their precious time to decide how many crumbs the plebes were getting.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is this all of them agreeing to stick around and print more money? If so let them go home and do less damage.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My God..The U.S. House has only been in session for a grand total of 4 weeks since JUNE 24th!, and they have the nerve to even contemplate another vacation?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wish I could get paid to serve the public and go on vacations and get big bucks from Chyna to sell out my country.

I'm really interested in knowing exactly what it is these clowns do all day. They're getting paid 4x the amount I am, can dictate my life while they're on vacation, and get triple the paychecks from under table deals.

Some job, I'll tell ya. It's probably similar to being a college professor. Just sit around all day crap talking the Great Racist Country.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I fully expect the Dems to do a 180 on everything except their stance on Trump for the next 2 months. Since America's mind seems to be like a goldfish, they just need to show they've been active at addressing America's issues for a short period of time.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is this all of them agreeing to stick around and print more money? If so let them go home and do less damage.

Taxed
Enough
Already

Right?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Taxed
Enough
Already

Right?

Only a total s***head wants to pay more taxes.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Pelosi now knows that the "hacks" she had installed at the U.S. Post Office have been demoted, or fired. The big $$$ she was going to pump into the USPS to make the Vote-by-mail scam work, is no longer needed.

She's failed, and is now willing to appear empathic, ahead of election day.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Taxed
Enough
Already

Right?

Only a total s***head wants to pay more taxes.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

He'll probably forget he said that and will need Harris to see it through.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You rocked the tricorn, didn't ya?

Lol

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You rocked the tricorn, didn't ya?

Yup, I can afford frivolous purchases.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You’re on fire today, sir. Love it.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When people get a lot of years in office and you give them a gavel or put them in prestigious jobs, they turn into ignorant assholes and do things that are not in the best interest of all Americans, they wind up giving way too much money to special interests they support....to get the votes of these groups.

We need to overhaul congress and put a minimum of twelve year term limits on congressmen and congresswomen.

new topics

top topics

join