It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to find a certain episode of a series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Abut 25 years ago, I watched a SciFi series on British TV. . .I have forgotten the series name . . . . maybe Star Trek? Battlestar Galactica? Anyway, the protagonists were a man and a woman of different species, who fell in love. . . the man turned out to be a symbiotic creature that had to be transplanted from one body to another once the body or host died, and replanted into a healthy, new adult body.

He was duly transplanted first into a woman´s body,being the only one available at that time, much to the horror of the other female protagonist. She was unable to handle the transition into a female body of her ¨beloved¨, who was then re_transplanted into another male body. . . but she was still too bound up in the outward appearanceo f the being concerned, and they broke up. . . sobs and heartbreak all round.

I´ve often remembered this series, and how advanced the concept was for its time. Would anyone know what series it was?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Deep space nine had a character like the one you describe.
The one life form would live inside a human type life form and would be in several different bodies over the centuries.

Probably not what you are talking about though since this was a regular character and not just an episode.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Sounds like star trek. But i'm not sure, sounds vaguely familiar. I remember the DS9 character. But I vaguely remember next generation or TOS having an episode like that, maybe Voyager? Definitely sounds like a star trek thing though. I'm thinking one of the later series though, Rick Berman has a thing for that kind of stuff.
edit on 15/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wasn’t there a Star Trek TNG episode like that?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that's a Star Trek Next Generation episode. Dr. Crusher fell in love with a Trill. I'll have to look up the name of the episode. I remember at the end when Dr. Crusher told the newly female Trill, "Maybe one day our capacity to love won't be so limited." or something to that effect.

The name of the episode was "The Host"
edit on 15-9-2020 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It was in DS9, Dax & Worf....
edit on 15-9-2020 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

In the 1991 “TNG” episode “The Host,” Dr. Crusher (Gates McFadden) falls passionately in love with a male Trill, but when the host body dies and the symbiont alien is placed in a female host, Crusher says she can’t continue with the relationship. A 1995 episode of “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” flipped that equation, with the female Trill Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) reuniting with a woman who was Dax’s wife when Dax lived inside a male host. Dax wants to restart their relationship, and the two women kiss, but the episode ends with the ex-wife deciding instead to move on.
link

All Trill episodes:

Star Trek: Insurrection, as well as the following TV episodes TNG: The Host, DS9: Emissary, DS9: The Way of the Warrior, (hologram) DS9: Children of Time, DS9: Valiant, DS9: Prodigal Daughter, DS9: Rejoined, DS9: A Man Alone, DS9: Invasive Procedures, DS9: Facets, DS9: Field of Fire, DS9: Equilibrium, DS9: Playing God, DS9: Dax, DS9: The Siege, DS9: Through the Looking Glass, DS9: Let He Who Is Without Sin..., DS9: Destiny, DS9: In Purgatory's Shadow, DS9: Shadows and Symbols and VOY: Author, Author, (hologram).
link

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A huge thank you to everyone, that was really helpful!

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Wasn’t there a Star Trek TNG episode like that?

yes it was Star Trek TNG Dr Crusher and a ambassador.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Op, so was it Dax or Crusher you were thinking of?

top topics

join