It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sold my silver on eBay I need ya stay with me on this now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
my 10 oz bars from the Dallas exchange has the cannon on it says coming freaking take it so cool or maybe not.

And I put them on their five bucks under everybody else's.

And after paying PayPal and paying eBay and paying for PayPal to ship off my payment to the bank directly there real quick and then after paying USPS you see where I'm going with this.

After paying those for fees which totaled one third of the price of the silver bar I didn't really make any money and then with each 10 oz bar I shipped off to Minnesota and Florida Alabama I put it in the extra 1 oz silver round cuz I'm a nice guy did you know that about me.

And so the guys that sell from the big coin store on eBay probably have a deal of some kind with PayPal and with eBay whatever they must know how to ship it cheaper than me all I did was use a priority mail box.

In the market all night long in this morning I got Jack squat to show for it I couldn't figure out when to add more sells escayola man, and so I draw close to Jesus today..

Isn't that how you do it
edit on 15-9-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Morals of the story?

Don't sell silver on Ebay.

Don't sell silver under market value.

Don't give away free silver.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
FYI
when you set up a business acct with shippers as well as payment services you are charged a fees at an established volume of business IE packages.

Shipping weights for the retail consumer are terrible

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Same thing for Go fund me..
They charge a ridiculous fee.

But on silver...
I never have liked buying precious metals for investment.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You sold too soon... ONLY after the FINAL markets crash, bank and ATM's shutdown.....THEN precious metals...

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

What would you sell it for if the banks crash?
Dollar bills or a chicken?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hmmm..

Wanna sell me some silver?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Finally! A post I can understand! ...by you

Ok, all BS and kidding aside (Even though I can't makes heads or tails from most of your posts - you're still a valued member of ATS and I respect your attempts... Still say you need to start pulling proof and sources in your posts!!!)

I was getting into a couple new 'hobbies' and one of them was ring making. I found a few sources for silver which comes in various forms (filled - sterling - fine - size - shape - etc) that sells at a really decent price. Buying anything of worth from 3rd parties... remember, they're going to make theirs before you will ever have a chance to make yours.... Profits trickle, or in the case of precious metals... drip.

I honestly don't know if junk coins are profitable anymore.

I dabble with silver here and there because I keep it as my preferred choice of storing a potentially valuable resource in the long run. Besides the point that I have a much smaller chance of trading or selling it in the short run. I buy silver rings as well though there isn't much profit on them, they're still good to collect for long term.

I know a person who stores his silver in a very in your face - out in the open sort of way and you would never ever know. I have walked around these caches of silver in plain sight that I never would have known had I found out. Your normal every day person wouldn't have even given it a thought.

I'll liken it like this (without putting anyone in a bad situation)... Imagine someone storing their silver as part of the home foundation... like say for example, might have taken silver bars and filled them within a sidewalk or something similar but way easier to retrieve in moments if needed to.

For those thinking the thought... No. I wouldn't do something so evil as to steal from family, friend or stranger.

Now Bill Gates... I'd steal from him. lol

Like other have said.... Stay away from Amazon - Ebay or any other gold and silver selling trading posts. I wouldn't trust any of them if it wasn't a legit, known and well ran source. Some of those sources have been putting tungsten in their silver and gold as fillers. I wouldn't mess with this. It's so iffy and jaded, you're liable to get suckered.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The idea of having silver is to have it to survive, one ounce of silver will be able to maybe get you ten pounds of potatoes from a farmer if things go bad. You may be able to get two bushels of potatoes for a ten ounce bar, enough to sustain your family for a month. The price of silver will also plummet if everything goes awry, but it will always have some value to buy food if needed, unlike gold....farmers do not have the change for an ounce of gold, and since gold is pretty worthless, unlike silver's medical benefits, it will go way down in value, but still an ounce of gold will be worth two bushels of potatoes.

Dial back to the value of silver and gold back in the seventies, an ounce of gold was worth forty bucks, an ounce of silver was worth three bucks or a little less, so two bushels of potatoes for the ounce of gold or ten pounds of spuds for an ounce of silver based on potato prices presently. Now, an ounce of gold might buy you ten pounds of ground beef, and you may need ten ounces of silver to buy that much beef, but since money will be worth nothing, it pays to have metals. Now a pound of copper will still get you five pounds of potatoes. and copper is relatively cheap, I would rather have copper myself, it is much wiser. I would collect pre-eighty four pennies, they are a good investment. the newer ones are not high enough in copper and lots of people know about this.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good point.

Supposed we'd be better off hording nonperishables and trading them for gold... No wait... That wouldn't...

Though, gold and silver does have a longer shelf life than canned goods... Wait...

Ehhh... We're just better off planting our own garden and storing our own foods. Just store lots and lots of non perishables, tackle for fishing, survival supplies and what not and we should be set. I'm sure there will always be lots of unforeseeables that could change everything.

But silver and gold is still nice to have. I just wouldn't invest in gold. It's too 'volatile'?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

But on silver...

The way I see it precious metals aren't an investment. Their value is more of a constant than other commodities. My opinion is they're more of a hedge against currency. The fiat value is what changes more often, and so the purchasing power on the precious metal is what is changing (usually).

If you're trying to make more money by sitting on the metal, you're just selling for a more inflated currency in exchange.

But that's just my take.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Silver is one of the most recycled metals around, world stockpiles would only grow drastically if we mined other resources heavily since it's usually a bi-product of rare resource production.

Nobody is interested in crashing Palladium or Platinum... I'm no economist but my knowledge of silver says you're right. Silver should be a stable predictable market anything else is inflation or market manipulation.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Bluntone22

But on silver...

The way I see it precious metals aren't an investment. Their value is more of a constant than other commodities. My opinion is they're more of a hedge against currency. The fiat value is what changes more often, and so the purchasing power on the precious metal is what is changing (usually).

If you're trying to make more money by sitting on the metal, you're just selling for a more inflated currency in exchange.

But that's just my take.

That's mostly true except for those making money on volatility through options on a shorter time frame.

That said, hyper inflation is going to make it seem like an investment when the dollar gives out. The market crash is coming and it's going to be bad all over.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the OP would do any of the things described. From selling before a market crash, to shipping retail rates, to beating all the other prices on eBay by $5. It's a masterclass in how not to do things.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: rickymouse

Good point.

Supposed we'd be better off hording nonperishables and trading them for gold... No wait... That wouldn't...

Though, gold and silver does have a longer shelf life than canned goods... Wait...

Ehhh... We're just better off planting our own garden and storing our own foods. Just store lots and lots of non perishables, tackle for fishing, survival supplies and what not and we should be set. I'm sure there will always be lots of unforeseeables that could change everything.

But silver and gold is still nice to have. I just wouldn't invest in gold. It's too 'volatile'?

Yeah, having seeds to plant is a good idea if things go awry. But then you need to have a gun and bullets to keep thieves out of your garden. Venison and rabbit tastes good. We got lots of Hazelnuts in our yard, the squirrels come through like migrant workers when they get ripe, sometimes there are twenty squirrels in the bushes around the house, enough for like ten pots of soup.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

That's mostly true except for those making money on volatility through options on a shorter time frame.

You can only do options with the index funds, mining funds, ect. So that's closer to a derivative than trading physical metals.

But buying and holding doesn't really give leverage for profit (usually, though you're right with market volatility it can).

The options are risky too, you'd have to have price movement towards your target number or you'll bleed money quick.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Welp...
You set yourself up for disaster when the werewolves come knocking.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

You can only do options with the index funds, mining funds, ect. So that's closer to a derivative than trading physical metals.

Nobody trades physical gold for profit except retailers, online metal mills, and those unfortunate enough to fall under their spells. Physical metals is like the small box you keep in your home safe for security. The retail market is a pawn shop type deal where only the house really makes money.

[Quote] But buying and holding doesn't really give leverage for profit (usually, though you're right with market volatility it can).

Options give you leverage, the leverage allows the volatility to make you money going up or down.

The options are risky too, you'd have to have price movement towards your target number or you'll bleed money quick.

Options on commodities just expire. A straight futures investment can get ugly fast, but options can be set up with stop loss just like a normal stock account. Last I knew there was a $250,000 minimum of you want in on regular futures contracts. You could get into options for a couple grand.

Luckily OP broke even in spite of doing it wrong on many levels.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yea, I remember when people were playing with oil futures during the OPEC+ meetings a few months back.

Some didn't realize it's implied if you hold to contract maturity you had to pick up your oil in Oklahoma.... They couldn't get rid of their contracts and some had to pay people to take them.

new topics

top topics

join