It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Doodle and Its Rare Support For America as a Whole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
On September 11th, as I clicked my home button, what I saw was a disgrace to all who died, all who lost family, and all who lost friends when the Twin Towers fell. My "Home" button on Chrome always takes me to the latest Google Doodle and 9 times out of 10 the doodle is in remembrance of either a foreigner or a minority. Been this way for a long time, no big deal, I search what I need and don't pay much mind to the doodle because I know how left Google is. But it has really fallen off more than usual lately, maybe because of the bLM propaganda and their anti-American stance, I don't know.

Today's Google Doodle is honoring Felicitas Mendez, I didn't click to find out why Google is honoring her, but if I wanted to, I could click her doodle and learn all kinds of things about her. There's even a URL below the picture that I can click on that shows support for Latino owned businesses. Last I checked, people use the service of a business because of the service, not the skin color or race of the owner. Must be a democrat thing (racist by their own standards). Here's a screenshot of today's doodle.

Last week as we all honored and remembered those who died and those who lost family and friends on September 11, 2001, I clicked my Home button as usual and here's what I saw. Google took the time to toss a tiny little American Flag with a black ribbon over it. I even tried to click on the flag but it wasn't attached to a URL. No other URL was there to click on to show support for families and friends who lost people that day. Disgusting, and just goes to show where some of the country stands today, and how far they've fallen.

And before anyone says it, I know I could use Bing, Duck Duck Go, or other search engines in place of Google, but I've used Google for years and just need the quick easy search bar.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Last I checked, people use the service of a business because of the service, not the skin color or race of the owner.

Not going to Uncle Salty's Soul Food Joint or Som Ting Wong's Mexican Palace.

Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
Last I checked, people use the service of a business because of the service, not the skin color or race of the owner.

Not going to Uncle Salty's Soul Food Joint or Som Ting Wong's Mexican Palace.

Just sayin'.

I went to visit family near Oklahoma City and ate at Ted's Escondido. The food is usually really good, but it's fallen off since we were there 2 years ago. Maybe I should've gotten the burger this time.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Say it with me: toxic altruism.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Say it with me: toxic altruism.

SAY
IT'S
NAME

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They're smug as hell about blindly shoving various "support this with us" junk at ya, aren't they? While I'm of the opinion that at nearly two decades out, we're firmly in Moving On mode, but IF they're going to peddling this # every damn day, the least they could do is not snub a couple thousand innocent people who died pretty horrifically on home soil.

If you're going to be a virtue signaller, be consistent, duh. It makes me wonder what their groveling for the D-Day anniversary is going had** with it this year. Probably not much more than the flag and black ribbon again.
edit on 9/15/2020 by Nyiah because: ** had, this year's so messed up I forgot what month we're in.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Perhaps a new government agency to oversee the media is needed to tell us what is appropriate, patriotic, and topical in today's news environment.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It IS the Alphabet agency/corporation.
Maybe send over the head of the nsa to join the board?
It worked for the other scumbag fake commie gov run/started corporations like Amazon and Facebook.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps a new government agency to oversee the media is needed to tell us what is appropriate, patriotic, and topical in today's news environment.

Media and big tech do that already unofficially. I don't see how the government creating an agency for that purpose could be any worse at this point in time.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Consistency would be better. And equality. That's what the left loves to push, but hates to enact.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Numba 1 special wonton taco for you.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I would eat a wanton taco if it was done right. There was a Korean/French fusion place in Jersey City that did kimchi poutine, it was off the friggin hook.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I find it ironic that the right wing that professes individual freedom and responsibility, wants to take control of taxpayer/stockholder corporate entities that don't subscribe to the conservative dogma, thru government intervention.

Careful what you wish for....

www.forbes.com...

www.cnn.com...
edit on 15-9-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That does sound pretty awesome. Kimchi's so good.
edit on 15/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ok.

They should have honored President William Taft. He did a lot of things to help Mexico and South America.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I find it ironic that the right wing that professes individual freedom and responsibility, wants to take control of taxpayer/stockholder corporate entities that don't subscribe to the conservative dogma, thru government intervention.

Careful what you wish for....

www.forbes.com...

www.cnn.com...

Care to elaborate on those links with an article citation so I at least know what the topic or headline is before I jump off ATS site?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Um just a quick observation I am sure will not be answered but I will ask anyway.

Can you show me a Google Doodle that celebrates (as that is why they are typically done) September 11th and the so called Attack on America?

I will wait here...

EDIT: Why you want a celebration a tragedy is beyond me! They made the doodles if you look carefully you know birthdays, discoveries etc also across the world not just those Americans

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 15 Sep 2020 13:54:18 -0500pm1America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join