It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Sighting over New Jersey on 09/14/2020 - People stopped along the highway!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Just stumbled upon this. Curious if anybody with the skills can confirm if this is CGI?

It starts out with the guy in his car, traffic has the cars stopped. People then get out of their cars and look over towards the alleged object. Finally he gets out of his own car and starts filming it.

I'd think with this many people supposedly witnessing this, that there'd be more footage of it.
Maybe there is an original video that the people are looking at something else, and the CGI was placed over it.

If it's not CGI, it's interesting that the 'classic flying saucer' has traffic control lights flickering on the top of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

That's one of the blimps going to the Meadowlands for last night's Giants/Steelers game, you can see the video board right in the middle of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks, I thought this was too good to be true.

Mods feel free to delete the thread

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
originally posted by: ThinkingCap

Here's your vid.

Yeah. My first thought was blimp.

edit on 15-9-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Why does this look like it was shot with a camcorder from the 90's? But ya I have to agree, it's likely a blimp. The aspect ratio seems a bit stretched which could explain the shape of it. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap Goodyear blimp near Metlife Stadium in NJ. www.republicworld.com...

edit on 15-9-2020 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Used to live in Miami...Goodyear Blimp was based there...and was odd looking at different angles, in the sun, against the sun etc..or at night!

Coming in...it's trippy

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Some vid and ... some frames (timed after vid)

Starting time stamp +/- 01:23

Vid .... anti-collision blink lights perhaps

Frames .... lighting the side billboard perhaps

No need to panic earthlings.... a Blimp it is .... it’s football season! Yay 😀

edit on 15-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Used to live in Miami...Goodyear Blimp was based there...and was odd looking at different angles, in the sun, against the sun etc..or at night!

Coming in...it's trippy

Goodyear Blimp was always based at corporate in Akron
Goodyear does , however , have a Blimp "base" in Pompano for the SE games.
edit on 9/15/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Coming in...it's trippy

Goodyear Blimp was always based at corporate in Akron
Goodyear does , however , have a Blimp "base" in Pompano for the SE games.

In the 70's...there were several...one each coast I believe. Between 73-80, one was housed near the Orange Bowl and Port of Miami....

I lived in Coral Gables/Coconut Grove...would mess up our tvs....only had rabbit ears then!

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
Why does this look like it was shot with a camcorder from the 90's? But ya I have to agree, it's likely a blimp. The aspect ratio seems a bit stretched which could explain the shape of it. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I noticed the stretched aspect ratio right away. You can tell by how to cars look stretched and the people look short and wide.

I wonder if it was inadvertent, or if it was done on purpose to make the blimp look less blimpy in order to try to fool us. I wouldn't put it past a UFO YouTube channel to purposely stretch the video.

edit on 9/15/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Deleted my dup post

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The stretched aspect ratio overall is certainly plausible whether for the camera and or YouTube channel owner presenting the vid.

But also take into consideration, if it’s a Goodyear blimp and not another organization’s ad blimp, ... Goodyear have gone to a longer airship years ago, top pic....bottom pic is the lighted billboard which would also be stretched. Also another element to consider the gray color of the top horizontal area of the blimp and the bottom horizontal area of the blimp. With the right color sky in the background, that gray color and other lighter colors, would blend into the sky color and may not be visible from the distance only leaving the dark color area to show....(including a dark unlighted billboard lights riggings area)

Although the Goodyear Blimp is not military.... it retains the gray colors that older blimps used in service of the military. It’s nostalgic and retro. For military aircraft, low-viz gray is common. From the fighter jet perspective.....below is why the color gray is used:

Source Link: www.quora.com...

....”Why do most air forces use grey color schemes for their fighter jets?

There are several reasons for using grey paint on military aircraft. One of the main reasons is that grey paint with the right reflective qualities is harder to see in the varied conditions of high and medium altitude flight. The paint is not just grey it has to have just the right reflective qualities too, and this makes it partially take on the colour of the sky, which is not always the same. It is inconspicuous in clouds and in a clear sky, at midday and at dusk and dawn. It works well.“....

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Doesn't look like a blimp to me...Apparently there's a lot of other folks who don't think it's a blimp...But if CNN says it's a blimp, then it's a blimp...

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I agree that the newer blimps are longer, but I was also commenting on how the cars in the image looked horizontally stretched.

So the surprisingly elongated look of the blimp in the video might have been due to a combination of it being of a more slender design PLUS the fact that the video was distorted to make things look horizontally stretched.

edit on 9/16/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
Doesn't look like a blimp to me...Apparently there's a lot of other folks who don't think it's a blimp...But if CNN says it's a blimp, then it's a blimp...

Yup, it was totally space aliens hanging over the Meadowlands since they couldn't get their normal luxury box seats due to the 'Vid.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I agree that the newer blimps are longer, but I was also commenting on how the cars in the image looked horizontally stretched.

So the surprisingly elongated look of the blimp in the video might have been due to a combination of it being of a longer an more slender design PLUS the fact that the video was distorted to make things look horizontally stretched.

I definitely agree with you on PLUS.......

So then.....could a blimp account for a portion of other UFO sightings?

IMO, given some distance, shape, perspective profile angle, sky blending colors, what indiscernible markings are visible, steady and or flashing lights and a device used by a witness with a poor or unadjusted aspect ratio setting......I think yes.

Here’s an interestingly cool Tommy Hilfiger Airship Night Landing..... m.youtube.com... in which a person can cut and edit or can freeze frame and screenshoot a desired angle of the airship ... perhaps some image manipulation and distortion and then Viola! present as a possible UFO.

edit on 16-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join