It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For first time, House will vote on bill that would legalize marijuana on federal level

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Here in Michigan street weed is much cheaper if you get out of the cities. People grow and sell legally but have a lot of extra so they give it to a friend who sells it and makes them some cash!!

Something like 40# on record maybe another 10# or so not on the record.

All business

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

That it is, however if you look at the farm bill it specifically goes after delta 9 concentrations in hemp. There is no provision for delta 8, and as it presents in such a small amount naturally it has to be purified and extracted out of hemp in order to get to a potency level that will do a similar job as delta 9. It is a loophole in the farm bill that the producers found a way around, as I can walk into most hemp stores in NC and purchase it over the counter, or order it from other states and have it shipped to my door.

I will freely admit to not knowing as much about it as I should. I do know they are using it to get around current restrictions and achieve the same result, which speaks to the level of desire in this country to toke up, so to speak.

posted on Sep, 18 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They did the same thing in Humbolt and Cali,
Global corporations right our rules and not a single person in government has your best interest at heart, period. I may be cynical but that doesn't mean we don't share the same #ty reality.
They have been booting 40 year growers out of Cali because they can't afford to liscense, farms are being taken. It's garbage.
I live in Hawaii and I'm fine with medical weed, which has it's own set of stringent guidelines. I can't own guns, yadda yadda yadda. Hawaii is a hard state to get guns in anyway though.

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: musicismagic

There was a fairly thriving grey market industry bringing in millions of dollars. Rather than licence those busineses, they set a steep licencing system that excluded most of them. Things like legalizing home growing, but providing no legal way to source seeds or plants. Extreme monetary and jail sentences for arbitrary possession amounts. Carrying your 4 legal seeds is technically over the 30 gram legal limit. Other extreme penalties such as 3 years in jail or fines of a few tens of thousands of dollars for 'inappropriately advertising cannabis'. Under which such vague things as wearing a tee shirt with a cannabis leaf in a place where a child might see falls under.

The Canadian government managed to lose money the first year of legalization despite it being a multi million dollar sorta legal mostly illegal industry. They cost people jobs, ruined businesses that had thousands of customers and just generally #ed up in every way possible.

<< 1  2   >>

join