It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West coast forest fires are woke - no joke

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Probably nothing but I'm putting this here so Phage can have a look.
So far it's unexplained.

This is the makers comment

Pinned by dutchsinse
dutchsinse
6 days ago (edited)
Brightness and Saturation were increased .. that's it.. nothing added... same images etc.. you can still get the GOES 16 live link and do this yourself as well... Sept 7, 2020 after sunset West coast time is when the beam first starts... goes through until basically sunrise.

Put to your skeptics eye. Appreciate it Phage.
edit on 15-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ambassado12

Its been very hot and dry here in Central Texas. Id have expected fires from Possum kingdom down to Wimberly if it was GW

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Don’t live in California and never plan to, but as long as I can remember these fires have always happened. The state leadership knows this happens and they know it has been a problem.

My question to the residents of the state is do you believe the leadership has done everything they could to provide the agencies the proper tools to not only battle the fires but help to prevent some? Or is that a main part of the problem is the boots on the ground are not getting what they need to help make the problem more manageable?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There was a typhoon a few weeks ago that pushed the jet stream east of normal this time of year for the west coast, that jet stream caused snow and rain along the Rockies down into New Mexico and a strong front of warm single digit humidity Air of 40-50 mph winds for Washington Oregon and California. Perfect storm for wild fires, that was the event that helped cause the multiple fires which caused all the smoke. That wind event spread a new fire start 60 miles and it was so big and fast it split into two separate large fires, in WA.

All of the fire starts those days were caused by man (down power lines, etc), there was ZERO lightning during that wind event.

Typing from old junk iPhone.
edit on 15-9-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Everything depends on the price of Carbon Credit Certificates and who gets the most cash return value 😎🚬

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

The vegetation in the area won't grow from seed without fire.

Years ago I read a book by, I think Terry Brooks, that was called something like "Burning City". The entire premise of the book relates to how California burns annually.

The indigenous of America were well known users of fire for land management.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It amazes me that it has taken this long for them to begin figuring out how to reduce them..... Although I'm sure some people knew right from the beginning and yet the state probably did not want to adopt the policies necessary to make it happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well, one thing is for certain.

Now that Trump said poor forest management is the problem, the Left will be adamantly against any form of forest management. That's climate denial, and stuff. #resist

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Everything depends on the price of Carbon Credit Certificates and who gets the most cash return value 😎🚬

But but but....climate change and stuff....
:

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: ambassado12

Its been very hot and dry here in Central Texas. Id have expected fires from Possum kingdom down to Wimberly if it was GW

You lack pyromaniacs that use global warming beliefs of the population to hide their actions. You just have the drunks there playing with matches and fireworks. California also has legal pot, they have to stress to tokers not to throw their roaches into the woods when they are out there walking around all high.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The Great Plains used to have widespread and fast moving grass fires. They were and are deadly dangerous. We get burn warnings every year when it gets dry. In fact, not so many years ago, there were large grass fires that did get out of control in parts of western Kansas and Oklahoma, but it's a very rare occurrence. It's not because the conditions for it don't exist though.

But if Global Warming was causing fires, don't you think there would be rampant grass fires all across the Great Plains too? From North Dakota down into Texas? We don't have them. It's not like we aren't dry enough in parts of the plains, but no fires or not like out west.

Wonder why ... maybe it's because we also have burn season when the plains are often burned off in controlled burns to take a lot of the dead growth out, the stuff that burns up to create the dangerous dry tinder. Not only does it do that but a lot of the Great Plains is cattle pasture, burning promotes rapid spring growth of rich grass. So it's a win/win.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There is a good chance that you'd get the everloving # beat out of you if someone saw you starting a fire here. If not just summarily shot on site.

There isn't much nonsense happening in Texas outside of Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bythesea

No.

Invasive species have come from all over the world. Not just Asia. Not to mention the little fact that invasive species have been brought over here since Europeans came across the Atlantic.

So, yeah, I disagree.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Several years of drought might have played a factor.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Texas is a state governed overall by red, so although a few cities might have turncoat elected officials like Austin, I can't see the nonsense being tolerated in the countryside at large like it may be in some other states.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

A combination, perhaps?

This is usually the answer to most issues in general. Things are rarely black and white with one singular cause.
edit on 15/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That’s kind of my point. This happens annually and has happened for a very long time. One would think that the destruction these fires cause the priority would be sky high. Especially when you factor in the amount of CO2 going into the air from these fires and the hypersensitivity of California for environmental issues.

With the advancement in technology and the amount of tax money available to the leadership why are they so much worse? Is it bad planning, not spending the tax money where they should?

Isn’t the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result? If they are doing nothing new to help the issue then no one should be surprised by what is happening.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The desert Southwest (which includes California) periodically goes through cycles of mega drought. You could ask the Anasazi about it, but one of them killed them off long ago.

edit on 15-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Arson becoming a regular act of political policy is about the same as attempted murder. I can see where the concept of hell originated and who it was meant for in the afterlife.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

A chunk of it is poor forest management.

As has been mentioned, they have an ecosystem evolved around the reality that it periodically will burn. But recent management practices have been all about *not allowing it to burn at all*.

Academics believed between 4.4mil and 118mil acres of forest burned annually in prehistoric California.

Between 1999 and 2017, they brought that amount down to around 13,000 acres. That's a big drop and lot of deadfall building up.

Since the late 1800s , human activities and the ecological effects of recent high fire activity caused a large, abrupt decline in burning similar to the LIA fire decline. Consequently, there is now a forest “fire deficit” in the western United States attributable to the combined effects of human activities, ecological, and climate changes. Large fires in the late 20th and 21st century fires have begun to address the fire deficit, but it is continuing to grow.

That second quote was in 2012! Imagine how much more area we're talking about now ... I saw one estimate that it's as much area as the state of Maine.
edit on 15-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join