It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West coast forest fires are woke - no joke

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

There have always been wildfires. Created both by people and by nature.
Why are they getting larger and more difficult to deal with?

Has antifa been out there with hair driers or something? Big giant fans making the wind blow?

edit on 9/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Search engines, they're a pretty useful thing

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Wildfire suppression in the United States has had a long and varied history. For most of the 20th century, any form of wildland fire, whether it was naturally caused or otherwise, was quickly suppressed for fear of uncontrollable and destructive conflagrations such as the Peshtigo Fire in 1871 and the Great Fire of 1910. In the 1960s, policies governing wildfire suppression changed due to ecological studies that recognized fire as a natural process necessary for new growth. Today, policies advocating complete fire suppression have been exchanged for those who encourage wildland fire use, or the allowing of fire to act as a tool, such as the case with controlled burns.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Actually, I knew that.

So, why are the fires more difficult to deal with latetly? Is it suppression, or that things are getting drier, and drier, and drier?

A combination, perhaps?

edit on 9/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rickymouse

There have always been arsonists.

And stupid people with fireworks. But fires like these, and those in Oz, seem to be different.

A lot of the fires in OZ were arson and from articles from local towns out there I stumbled across, a lot of the fires there are arson too, thank god many of those are stopped right away. Fireworks are starting some too, how come they are not banning use of fireworks or outdoor burning when it is dry. They always have fire bans here when it is dry out, we are surrounded by forests up here, if a bad fire gets going, they can burn for many months. We have good forestry management up here though, and people are more cautious here, public bashing of people who start fires is common here, so people tend to be a little better with being cautious or you will get disgraced out of town if you burn up people's land.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I'd say that the West Coast has certainly experienced more extreme changes per capita than other parts of the country. I'm not saying that humans have zero impact on the global environment, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are subtle changes from our vast industrialization... But as I said before, I think that it's not a wise idea that population density has gotten so high in already dry areas while taking water from the more moisture rich areas outside their metros. Then you have eucalyptus trees that help fires jump and accelerate, and mono crops that sometimes don't keep healthy root structures which turns the soil into a short term sponge demanding irrigation.

I don't think the thread is stupid. It's become such a political football you have some people thinking everything is stupid that challenges the theories being called facts by rich liberals who have a larger footprint on the environment than the people they call stupid... And then you have the opposition discounting any debate on environmental impact because of how some want a double standard while forcing fly over states to adhere to regulation they themselves selectively follow.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I don't think the thread is stupid.

Basically, why do all the fires only happen in America, it’s like climate change isn’t allow in other countries due to covid restrictions.

How about ignorant then? Better?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why are the fires worse??

Gee, I wonder

Imagine having the brains to clear deadfall and carry out logging operations and build fire breaks into the forests instead of allowing years of build up of dry fuel for these fires

Nope, those brains don’t exist in leftist clown world

It’s damaging to the environment (well, inside the mind of deluded whackjobs it is)

aNtifa and bLm members are intentionally lighting forest fires - what a surprise

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I'll agree to say there may be some ignorance in the school of thought there is no way we could effect the general climate.

But would it be fair to then question the inverse that climate change is the sole or even largest factor in the wildfires.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

But would it be fair to then question the inverse that climate change is the sole or even largest factor in the wildfires.

I think it has to do more with the severity than the existence. There have always been wildfires.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I think it has to do more with the severity than the existence. There have always been wildfires.

Absolutely.

So there are more wildfires... Is climate change the largest contributor to that?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So there are more wildfires.

That is not what I said. My point was that there seems to be a qualitative change, not quantitative.

The fires are larger and more difficult to deal with.

edit on 9/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So there are more wildfires.

That is not what I said. My point was that there seems to be a qualitative change, not quantitative.

The fires are larger and more difficult to deal with.

Refusal to clean up the deadfall is what causes the fires to be larger and more difficult to deal with

More fuel equals more fire

Progressives making progress again

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Refusal to clean up the deadfall is what causes the fires to be larger and more difficult to deal with

For how long have California, Oregon, and Washington been refusing to clean up the deadfall? What makes the past few years so special?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

climate change. Maybe?

The past few years have seen fires in different areas with many years of deadfall and the fire breaks have finally grown out and (due to ‘progress’) haven’t been re-cleared.

Plus, this year, leftists have been lighting the fires where fires wouldn’t necessarily have begun, so all that buildup of deadfall has finally got a chance to burn up

But, climate change can have an effect, it’s a bit drier these last few years.
Climate change is most definitely a natural occurrence and so are fires, hopefully in a few centuries the pendulum swings back and there’s a bit more rain.

Until then, maybe clean up the deadfall EVERY YEAR and maintain fire breaks EVERY YEAR
It would make a difference

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Climate change is most definitely a natural occurrence

Generally it occurs at a much slower rate than it is now. The natural sort, that is.

Until then, maybe clean up the deadfall EVERY YEAR and maintain fire breaks EVERY YEAR
It would make a difference
There's a hell of a lot of forest out there.
edit on 9/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They had a lot of people starting fires in Australia a little while back too. I guess we need to get aggressive with identifying pyromaniacs. I suppose global warming is firing up the people who like to burn things.

These are unstable times for the best of us. For those with mental stability issues, it just has to be worse and we are seeing that in many different ways.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: rickymouse
They had a lot of people starting fires in Australia a little while back too. I guess we need to get aggressive with identifying pyromaniacs. I suppose global warming is firing up the people who like to burn things.

These are unstable times for the best of us. For those with mental stability issues, it just has to be worse and we are seeing that in many different ways.

Did you see the clip today where a pitiful California official told President Trump that it's not going to cool down in California this Fall, because "Science" says it isn't?

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Generally, but what about in times of climatic change?

Im quite certain the hills I see all around me were once flat.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I seem to recall a pretty well laid out conspiracy for humans starting Aussie fires.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

No it is only happening in Democrat controlled states. There are no fires anywhere else. Democrats are basically trying to burn down their own state to push the global warming hoax. I hardly think anyone else cares from other states, except laugh at the mismanagement and chaos in Democrat controlled states.
edit on 15-9-2020 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join