It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West coast forest fires are woke - no joke

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Do believe in man made client change?

Do you believe that man made climate change is causing the fires on the west coast

Basically, why do all the fires only happen in America, it’s like climate change isn’t allow in other countries due to covid restrictions.

Shouldn’t we be seeing fires start in both Canada and. Mexico? How about other areas around the world between the latitude as America?

There is only one answer to this. Climate change fires and COVID both are woke. That’s why BLM/ANTIFA Riots don’t get covid and the forwat fires don’t start in other countries
edit on 14-9-2020 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Basically, why do all the fires only happen in America

Australia might disagree.

Australian conservation groups are asking the government to declare koalas endangered after the devastating wildfires this summer killed thousands of them and destroyed 45 million acres of bush

www.ecowatch.com...

edit on 14-9-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Basically, why do all the fires only happen in America,

They don't. How short is your attention span, exactly?
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 9/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't think climate change has caused the fires on the West Coast.

But that doesn't mean that human impact hasn't had a hand in it. I'd argue that bad water practices on the West Coast was way more of an issue than climate change. Parts of Cali grow crops year round. They divert water from a number of areas to do so. Moreover, the Woke Coast use water to support oases in deserts, much like the ME. The very people who bitch to the rest of the country and try and dictate how we live are the real gluttons throwing off imbalance.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

It sucks too, because the way they shove it down everyone's throats, it makes people despise the conversation that we do have impacts when it comes to large regions if we aren't cognizant of what we're doing with no will to be good stewards. Many will spitefully ignore the concept we should at least discuss big problems when it comes to the ramifications of our actions.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I swear, the Chinese are behind many of these acts. They are funding many "social justice" organizations in the States to foment social discord and strife. (It is not just George Soros). Also, we have tons of invasive species--including plants--in the US, all of which come from China or Asia. The Chinese want to destroy our country. However, not many individuals talk about this asymmetrical type of warfare against us.

Agree?

edit on 14-9-2020 by bythesea because: More info

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Shouldn’t we be seeing fires start in both Canada and. Mexico? How about other areas around the world between the latitude as America?

We've got fires.

This smoke's all 'Murrica though.

The Regions of BC highlighted on the map (see link below) are being impacted or are likely to be impacted by wildfire smoke over the next 24 to 72 hours. Very heavy smoke from the United States is continuing to have extensive impacts across the southern third of the province

Same pic of Vancouver island a couple weeks ago.

I took those pictures in the same spot.
edit on 14/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The fires happen every year. The water has been diverted every year. So why are the fires worse? Perhaps because the rain doesn't come as often or last as long? So it gets drier, and drier, and drier, gradually?

Sure, stop diverting the water. Just pump it out of the ground, as long as that lasts. Then stop growing the crops. Good plan.

Or just do a better job of sweeping. That's the ticket. No fires, but it still gets drier and drier and drier.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

One of the issues causing more intense forest fires these days believe it or not is past wild fire suppression. Much of the interior regions of the west coast are supposed to burn. The grasslands, dry pine forests etc. By suppressing burning over the years, we've allowed underbrush and debris to build up causing burns to be more intense and wide spreading.

Many of those grass and pine species are fire hardened and their seeds will lay dormant in the ground for years until the heat of a fire burning signals them to begin sprouting.

Fire's always been a part of ecosystems. It's these large raging fires in regions where frequent small fires were prevalent that's new and a problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Understandable in populated areas.
How long has fire suppression been a policy?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Desertification doesn't happen over night.

I'd be curious as to how fast the population of LA, San Diego, Las Vegas, and other areas have exploded. With that, the advent of large commercial farming on a scale far different than decades ago.

I'd put my money on the water usage over global warming. But I'm not a professional by any stretch, and that just seems more logical to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

But I'm not a professional by any stretch, and that just seems more logical to me.

In Oregon and Washington too?

I think a changing climate is quite logical. Drier, and drier, gradually.
Just as the water has been getting higher, and higher here. Eating my yard, gradually.

But do you agree the premise of this thread is stupid?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
They had a lot of people starting fires in Australia a little while back too. I guess we need to get aggressive with identifying pyromaniacs. I suppose global warming is firing up the people who like to burn things.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There have always been arsonists.

And stupid people with fireworks. But fires like these, and those in Oz, seem to be different.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sure, stop diverting the water. Just pump it out of the ground, as long as that lasts. Then stop growing the crops. Good plan.

I've always wondered if man made reservoirs and damns in the western US disrupt the hydrologic cycle of that region, with one consequence being fires.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

But I'm not a professional by any stretch, and that just seems more logical to me.

In Oregon and Washington too?

I think a changing climate is quite logical. Drier, and drier, gradually.
Just as the water has been getting higher, and higher here. Eating my yard, gradually.

But do you agree the premise of this thread is stupid?

Maybe the island is sinking.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Stupid partisan, nationalist fires.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Both have localized effects, certainly. Dams reduce the amount of water available downstream. Reservoirs, unless lined, don't have much effect and if unlined, will contribute to subsurface water sources.

The problem seems to be that the entire watershed is not getting the amount of precipitation it has in the past, both rain and snow. Southern California is a naturally dry climate, but it seems to be getting drier. Northern California, Oregon, and Washington west of the Cascades is not a naturally dry climate.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The fires happen every year. The water has been diverted every year. So why are the fires worse? Perhaps because the rain doesn't come as often or last as long? So it gets drier, and drier, and drier, gradually?

Or just do a better job of sweeping. That's the ticket. No fires, but it still gets drier and drier and drier.

Nonsense! This is the worst Ive seen in my life.

PS They have caught people lighting fires. Who has been angry? Who has been assaulting people? Who burns businesses and steals? People with sick minds do. Whos minds are sick? The losers

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

This is the worst Ive seen in my life.
You aren't the only one to say that.

PS They have caught people lighting fires.

Fine. People (stupidly, accidentally, and intentionally) and lightning have always started fires. Why are these fires so much worse?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

This is the worst Ive seen in my life.
You aren't the only one to say that.

PS They have caught people lighting fires.

Fine. People (stupidly, accidentally, and intentionally) and lightning have always started fires. Why are these fires so much worse?

Possibly because AntiFa found out that they couldn't just invade the small rural towns they said they were going to take over without getting their asses handed to them so then decided to burn up the red voting sections of the map in Oregon and Idaho.

THERE is your man-made climate change.

Occam's razor and all that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join