It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why keep it a secret?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Too stop mass hysteria, but as many know, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of possible reasons for a cover-up.
does anyone know if anything happened to that NASA guy. I didnt see the programme.
anyway

regards
Jonathan

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
For those of you who believe aliens are a threat I'd like you to rethink that thought. If they truly were a threat we'd be dead by now. It is the dark government who is the real threat. Why? Three words. Greed + Power + Money = Evil. Look at Bill Gates. He has the money to be greedy, so therefore he is in control of the computer industry. Why do you think he has gone to court because of the monopoly deal?

ID

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

For those of you who believe aliens are a threat I'd like you to rethink that thought. If they truly were a threat we'd be dead by now.

Not entirely true Fox, aliens may not want to annihilate our planet but that does not mean they are not a threat. They may simple want to run tests on us, use us as a slave race, harvest our bodies for whatever reason. Or just plain mess with our heads. I am not saying that they most definitely are a threat but I am saying that one can never be to careful. Because the moment we let our guard down is the moment we get Pearl Harbored by little gray men. Whether they are good or evil cannot be determined by our current lack of information. However it is my opinion that due to their blatant disregard for our well being both psychologically and physically that little if any good will come from them.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What you have to think about is the compelling evidence that pre-histori people and civilization was eradicated. One day Mesopatamian culture popped out of nowhere. Read some Sitchin.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadman
if aliens exist why would the world governments say they have no knowledge if they do know all about it?
can anyone answer that?

aliens are either bad and controling the goverment...

or aliens dont exsist...

or aliens are friendly, but the goverment use them to there own means...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ID

For those of you who believe aliens are a threat I'd like you to rethink that thought. If they truly were a threat we'd be dead by now.

Not entirely true Fox, aliens may not want to annihilate our planet but that does not mean they are not a threat. They may simple want to run tests on us, use us as a slave race, harvest our bodies for whatever reason. Or just plain mess with our heads. I am not saying that they most definitely are a threat but I am saying that one can never be to careful. Because the moment we let our guard down is the moment we get Pearl Harbored by little gray men. Whether they are good or evil cannot be determined by our current lack of information. However it is my opinion that due to their blatant disregard for our well being both psychologically and physically that little if any good will come from them.

You bring up a point that is very interesting. If you are correct than it is my opinion that the aliens and the "dark government" are working side by side. Of course that cannot be determined until we learn the whole truth. If that ever happens.

ID

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Of course that cannot be determined until we learn the whole truth. If that ever happens.

Sounds a little to pessimistic for a man named Mulder.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Earth-Policy sub-committee
Grey galactic Senate
around 100 years ago
Chairman:"Are the monkeys a threat?"
CIA director:"at this rate, not for another 3 billion years"
Chairman:"Then why kill these "earth-people" now?"
CIA director:"lots of reasons:its fun and we can"
Chairman"Yeah, but there are more urgent issues that could use more resources"

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
JMHO - a world order that knows of aliens - yet a country of backward individuals manages to crash three airplanes into bulidings ? It some how defeats my logic to understand that a nation with such awesome power would hide it in the face of such devastating circumstances

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
JMHO - a world order that knows of aliens - yet a country of backward individuals manages to crash three airplanes into bulidings ? It some how defeats my logic to understand that a nation with such awesome power would hide it in the face of such devastating circumstances

Well, isn't this a cognizant thought in a storm of speculation?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There are too many reasons not to tell us and no reason to tell us. The only reason they possibly would tell us is if they needed more resources to combat/explore UFOs. The government doesn't need that kind of funding anymore. Somewhere I read a report saying this kind of activity hasn't yielded any beneficial result. That the national security, scientific and technological implications of alien research hasn't produced anything worth wild.

A reason why not to tell us that hasn't come up here as of yet?
1.)political uncertianties after such a release. Incumbants have it too good for them to gamble.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't have any solid opinion on this matter. As with all UFO/alien theories, there are too many to pin down just one. Whatever the reasons are, they could include:

1. Fear that the civilian populace will mass panic and society will destruct. Industry, religion, science, culture. Everything will go. As is usually the case when higher societies of humans meet up with more primitive human cultures.

2. Fear that revealing the secret will make the civilian populace revolt and take over all current governments. Removing the control and money that those in power currently have.

3. The secret is sinister in nature. Extraterrestrials are bad and will eventually invade/destroy the earth in some manner. So governments keep quiet in order to formulate defense plans with lesser ability for ETs to find out.

4. Extraterrestrials are good, but are harbingers of some spiritual end of the world scenario. So governments keep quiet in order to formulate defense plans with lesser ability for ETs to find out.

5. ETs are actually forcing the governments to keep mum about it.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The answer is very simple . We all know that governments wants to keep in secrete any new discovery such as weapons , technology, life on mars or other scientific discoveries, and we all know why they keep it secret ,
The government don�t want to reveal advance discoveries because they want to be more advance and more rich then others, e.g. united states of America, they have successfully develop highly advance weapons that there is no way no human could understand, weapons, materials like the ones from stealth fighters, objects that can fly by gravity forces,
now the intelligence from America have been working on dimensional travel I don�t understand this subject but they do, and they know much more things ,
If u ask �why�, the best place u could find the answer is in the top secret area 51
Soon as u enter that place u will discover the true , u will see how the government have lied to us for the pass 100 years
When u get to enter them rooms u will be so scare u will find so many body�s of so many kinds and you think that�s all new discoveries but they not . They know every single body inside out they have study it so much that they have lost interest on it and the most scary thing is they have prisoners , alien prisoners ALIVE.
Soon as you get to the technology rooms u will see millions of pieces of unidentified flying objects, sues, crashed, burn , u will then realise that no creature is perfect and no matter how much intelligence a living thing can hold it will always have mistakes, because there has been aliens that have been capture either by traps or by accident technical faults
When u further to the most important places of the area 51, u will see amazing things that if I talk about them they would not make sense

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join