It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid shoots cops with handgun, Biden wants to ban Assault Weapons

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

A gunsmith friend did the mods. I bought both rifles used and the components for the one as a kit at a gun show. I could have done them myself, but, I had just bought them and wanted them checked out. (Magnafluxed)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Nothing personal. Bullsh*t is still Bullsh*t. The anti-gun crowd has played on the ignorance of people too damn much. They have twisted and convoluted the laws on self-defense and property protection so much that they actually have people afraid to defend themselves.

I know what you are saying and no disrespect is intended towards you.

If people actually knew what their rights are and could depend on the Justice System to back them up on those rights all of these riots and looting would be over in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
1991 I worked at a convenience store four nights a week, the other nights I worked as an armed security guard for a shelter that hid battered spouses (you would be surprised how many were men) and their children, who had an actual threat against them.

One morning about 3 o'clock I had a guy out at the gas pumps walking around waving a knife. I was just reaching for the phone to call the Police when he came into the store and told me to empty the register. I pulled my pistol, had him drop the knife, told him to get face down on the floor and grab his ankles with his hands. I called the police, they came and took him away. The store owner came in and told me to go home. When I got home I got a call from him telling me that I was fired for having a gun on company property and to not set foot on his store's property again.

The local prosecutor dropped the charges against the guy and pretty much chewed me out. She pretty much told me that there was no such thing as self-defense in her book and I was lucky that she didn't charge me for pointing a gun at the guy. I told her "Go for it." and walked out. Two weeks later the SAME guy robs the same store and raped the girl who replaced me.

Word got out and at the next Primary election a guy was challenging her for the post. He came to our sportsmen's club, campaigning. He wanted a picture of him holding a rifle to use in his literature. I handed him the black rifle and he recoiled away from it. "No not that one!" He pointed at my other rifle, "That one." My friend Ron (the gunsmith) said "Let me show you something." and proceeded to switch out the stocks on the rifles. "There's no difference between them other than cosmetics."

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I am convinced that the primary reason we have so much gun violence today is the simple fact that our children are being taught by people who are literally terrified of guns. I taught my kids how to handle a gun. I was taught to handle a gun by my father. He was taught how to handle a gun by my grandfather. He was taught how to handle a gun by... you get the idea.

Heck, in my old high school, a part of JROTC was getting to actually fire a real military M-16 (locked on semi-auto of course) in a firing range at the local VFW hall. I loved it! We were graded on our shot pattern, and I could do pretty decent (after a lot of practice, lol). The instructor actually let us watch him fire an M-60 on full auto... that was freakin' awesome!

But today, most kids are not taught how to handle a gun... all they get is "guns are evil." You know, my parents tried that when I was young, too, with alcohol... I learned to drink (to excess) on my own! I claim today that I have drank enough liquor in my life to float the USS Alabama and enough beer to sink it! So why is it we are surprised when using the same approach to guns leads to the same result?

We need to go back (somehow) to the days when carrying a concealed pistol was just something people did, not a threat to everything and everyone around them. In this area I'd say at least 50% of everyone one meets is carrying some sort of firearm... well over 90% of homes have a gun handy if needed. We don't have too many people going off on shooting sprees, and when one does go off, they go dead in pretty short order. But even that is changing as schools become more and more paranoid about those evil guns, taking us to the same place as Columbine and Sandy Hook.

Understanding what a gun is, how it works, and how to be safe with it is vital. That's why I refuse to budge on what is "modified" and what isn't. Some people may want to call that "semantics," but to me it is combating ignorance. Less ignorance is what will make us safe... not less guns.

BTW, good job stopping that robber. Respect.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I should have shot the SOB. If I had any idea. I know the girl, she's still having issues with it.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I was at 3 gun stores yesterday - 1 had "a" box of 9mm - it was 2.00 per round, a 1000% increase.

That kid who snuck up on the cops couldnt have held a rifle up, certainly could not have snuck up on a cop car with it - he barely managed to use what seems to be a small revolver with 22 or 380 ammo, I haven't heard.

All rifles together kill 170 people per year in the US : Ban

Arson kills 3600 per year in the US : Climate Change

One of these things keeps men free, the other is a weapon of terror and mass murder.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I am convinced that the primary reason we have so much gun violence today is the simple fact that our children are being taught by people who are literally terrified of guns. I taught my kids how to handle a gun. I was taught to handle a gun by my father. He was taught how to handle a gun by my grandfather. He was taught how to handle a gun by... you get the idea.

Heck, in my old high school, a part of JROTC was getting to actually fire a real military M-16 (locked on semi-auto of course) in a firing range at the local VFW hall. I loved it! We were graded on our shot pattern, and I could do pretty decent (after a lot of practice, lol). The instructor actually let us watch him fire an M-60 on full auto... that was freakin' awesome!

But today, most kids are not taught how to handle a gun... all they get is "guns are evil." You know, my parents tried that when I was young, too, with alcohol... I learned to drink (to excess) on my own! I claim today that I have drank enough liquor in my life to float the USS Alabama and enough beer to sink it! So why is it we are surprised when using the same approach to guns leads to the same result?

We need to go back (somehow) to the days when carrying a concealed pistol was just something people did, not a threat to everything and everyone around them. In this area I'd say at least 50% of everyone one meets is carrying some sort of firearm... well over 90% of homes have a gun handy if needed. We don't have too many people going off on shooting sprees, and when one does go off, they go dead in pretty short order. But even that is changing as schools become more and more paranoid about those evil guns, taking us to the same place as Columbine and Sandy Hook.

Understanding what a gun is, how it works, and how to be safe with it is vital. That's why I refuse to budge on what is "modified" and what isn't. Some people may want to call that "semantics," but to me it is combating ignorance. Less ignorance is what will make us safe... not less guns.

TheRedneck

We were shooting FN C1A1s in cadets, 7.62, pack a real wallop! forget full auto.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
So? That wasn't part of the question being asked.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports
From what I've heard it was a 9 mm.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

You accuse me of requiring two ambulances and at the same time getting rid of both ambulances? How does that work?

How should I know? It's your fantasy.

Similarly, I made no mention of an autopsy or autopsies. Did you think this through?

I just read what you wrote:

originally posted by: chr0naut

Put 'em straight into boxes. They don't need autopsies when it's clear they died of stupid.

Page 5. Please try to keep up with your own posts.

TheRedneck

But I said they don't need autopsies. How do you see that as its opposite.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hitler banned guns too

Is there ANYTHING that leftists say/think/do hat differs from ultra fascist regimes?

Nope. There’s not.

The leftist ideology of today matches the wiki definition of fascism to the letter.

Which is why it’s such a rapidly shrinking minority.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Hitler banned guns too

Is there ANYTHING that leftists say/think/do hat differs from ultra fascist regimes?

Nope. There’s not.

The leftist ideology of today matches the wiki definition of fascism to the letter.

Which is why it’s such a rapidly shrinking minority.

Hitler actually didn't unilaterally ban guns. He actually armed a whole lot who were 'on his side', while depriving those that he classed as 'enemies of the Reich' of all their possessions, including guns.

Nazi gun control argument - Wikipedia

And, just because I'm pedantic about it, you are using the wrong word. You mean "totalitarian" or "dictatorial" or "autocratic" when you say 'Fascist'. Use those other words. "Fascist" means a specific ultra nationalist, right-wing, capitalist ideology that favors militarism as a primary economic force.

Fascism - Wikipedia
edit on 16/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Just like the dEms and their hateful supporters

They’re totalitarian, fascist, dictatorial and worse

But they won’t be taking the Whitehouse so sucks to be them

And look who wants to ban guns just for ‘some’...... the fascist left
edit on 16 9 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Just like the dEms and their hateful supporters

They’re totalitarian, fascist, dictatorial and worse

But they won’t be taking the Whitehouse so sucks to be them

And look who wants to ban guns just for ‘some’...... the fascist left

They may be all those, except 'fascist'.

The left-wing are the opposite and enemy of the right-wing.

What you keep saying is is nonsensical. Like calling someone a 'Nazi Communist' or a 'completely law abiding criminal'.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Looks like things are changing doesn’t it

The left ain’t so left anymore

They’re fascists. Complete with Brownshirt movements and media propagandists. And they seem to like it. “Think how we think, or we’ll kill you”

They’re also a rapidly shrinking minority........world wide
edit on 16 9 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Looks like things are changing doesn’t it

The left ain’t so left anymore

They’re fascists. And they seem to like it

They’re also a rapidly shrinking minority........world wide

That may be your perception only, though. Germans in the 1930's would have assumed that they are the dominant power in the world. They lost. Defeated for the most part by the Russians, but the allies also gave a fair bit of push-back, too.

... and there are the silent majority who aren't extremist for either side. That isn't changing.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

How do you see that as its opposite.

Just trying to stay ahead of the game. Everything you post is the exact opposite of reality, so I thought I would just skip the formalities.

You know, like trying to equate 2020 American "right-wing" ideology with 1930 Germany fascism...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I should have shot the SOB.

Don't beat yourself up over that. Hindsight is 20/20. If anyone other than the SOB himself bears responsibility, it's the store owner.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

How do you see that as its opposite.

Just trying to stay ahead of the game. Everything you post is the exact opposite of reality, so I thought I would just skip the formalities.

You know, like trying to equate 2020 American "right-wing" ideology with 1930 Germany fascism...

TheRedneck

Fascism in North America - Wikipedia

List of neo-Nazi organizations, North America - Wikipedia

Hitler's American Model | Princeton University Press

Is there a neo-Nazi storm brewing in Trump country ...

Russiagate, Nazis, and the CIA - CounterPunch.org

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

And I rest my case.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join