It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid shoots cops with handgun, Biden wants to ban Assault Weapons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: chr0naut

Sheep Know Nothing of Independence ........

Unfortunately , Most of Them...........

Are you nobody? Because you seem to care. At least enough to post an off-topic comment and an animated gif.

edit on 14/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

A new design is not a change to a previous design. I can take a circuit I built and change it to add features... that is a modification. If I then mass produce it for sale, it is not a modification... it is a new circuit. Only the one I changed is a modification.

And even that doesn't apply to the two rifles shown. Neither was modified from the other. They were created by the same team of engineers for two different clientele. They can have use the same rounds, have the same fire rate, but they are still two different designs.

The only way a factory-produced item can also be a modification is for the factory to individually modify each one. That happens in prototyping, especially when making minor changes to the design. The new item is then a factory modification. If the factory uses mass production techniques, it's no longer a modification. That's simply the definition of the word.

And even that intricacy doesn't apply here. Neither rifle was changed from once being the other. Neither can be a modification of the other.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Redneck does not define me. I define it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Who said anything about autopsies? Do you conduct autopsies in ambulances over there?

Where do you guys do heart surgeries? The cafeteria?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
Doesn't matter, the one on the bottom is the one considered an assault rifle, in some states, because of the added features, that you wouldn't call modifications.

edit on 14-9-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Who said anything about autopsies? Do you conduct autopsies in ambulances over there?

Where do you guys do heart surgeries? The cafeteria?

TheRedneck

Why would you require an ambulance. If they're dead, they're dead.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Redneck does not define me. I define it.

TheRedneck

You embiggen yourself!

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Over here we check before we bury folks.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Doesn't matter, the one on the bottom is the one considered an assault rifle, in some states

Just because it is considered an "assault rifle" does not make it fire any differently than any other rifle.

My point is that such laws are laughably ridiculous and do nothing to protect anyone.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Just because it is considered an "assault rifle" does not make it fire any differently than any other rifle.

I never said it did. I even tried to say those 2 rifles are the same but one is modified in a way that makes it fit a definition written into some state laws. You went off on a tangent about the term "mods".

My point is that such laws are laughably ridiculous and do nothing to protect anyone.

JIMC5499 also said that those types of laws showed how ignorant legislators are, back on page 2, and I agreed. What was the point of our back and forth?

edit on 15-9-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: DAVID64

Record gun sales [ many of them first time buyers ] since the Dem supported violence started and Joe wants to ban weapons.

Just bought my daughter a glock 9mm her first and she took right
to it. lol

I love glocks. Just remember to tell her the safety is between her ears.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude

Don't you guys know how to Internet?

do you even know how to understand weapons? If you want to have this discussion, a tiny bit of knowledge would help.

a military rifle capable of both automatic and semiautomatic fire, utilizing an intermediate-power cartridge.
a nonmilitary weapon modeled on the military assault rifle, usually modified to allow only semiautomatic fire.

So an "Assault" weapon is either a military weapon that fires full auto, or one that looks like one of those, but only shoots semi auto? Is that what your definition is?

My definition? You embiggen me.

so you have no knowledge or opinion of your own. Noted.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

WTF is a "2020 Ford Fiero"?

Hell if I know. I made it up. I don't drive Fords.

Maybe I should have said "Fiesta"? Is that a Ford?

TheRedneck

yes, it is. My buddy had one. We called it a "chick magnet".

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

yes, it is. My buddy had one. We called it a "chick magnet".

My buddy had one of those too, we called it 'The Dust Buster'.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What was the point of our back and forth?

That terminology can be (and is) used to set an agenda. Words can be weaponized.

In this case, saying that a black scary gun is "modified" insinuates that it has been changed intentionally to be more deadly somehow than it once was. That language is used to great advantage by those who push for such silly regulations. Stating that it is a different design does not carry such an insinuation, especially when the differing parameters of the design have nothing to do with killing ability. The term "modified" brings up mental images of some ne'er-do-well sitting in a basement with tools making a normal gun into a "supergun."

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I love glocks. Just remember to tell her the safety is between her ears.

I'll tell her when I text her in about two hours.

For the record I didn't just get her a firearm on a whim. I gave it
a lot of thought. She has always been a highly responsible smart
young lady. Never been on drugs tight circle of friends and family
all great people I just couldn't find a reason she shouldn't have one.
I trust very much I haven't armed some idiot just because she's my
daughter. Like the boy he's about to turn 19 He's not even ready
no way in hell. I tell him no you just get behind your sister if you
feel threatened lol. But he's a great kid just nope I don't see it.

edit on 15-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I know some fifty year olds that I wouldn't trust with a cap pistol. Withthat being said, I know some FIFTEEN year olds that I'd trust to cover my back.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Over here we check before we bury folks.

TheRedneck

So does everyone else but you don't need an ambulance for that. Unless you want to run them over a few times, to be sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Don't you guys know how to Internet?

do you even know how to understand weapons? If you want to have this discussion, a tiny bit of knowledge would help.

a military rifle capable of both automatic and semiautomatic fire, utilizing an intermediate-power cartridge.
a nonmilitary weapon modeled on the military assault rifle, usually modified to allow only semiautomatic fire.

So an "Assault" weapon is either a military weapon that fires full auto, or one that looks like one of those, but only shoots semi auto? Is that what your definition is?

My definition? You embiggen me.

so you have no knowledge or opinion of your own. Noted.

Well, firstly, when you make something up in your head, that is unevidenced, and that no-one else thinks, it does not lend the notion any legitimacy.

Secondly, I have knowledge of my own, but I was presenting the the word definitions of other people. The world does not have to be all about oneself.

It is rather sad that in a world of billions of people, some cannot give any credence to an idea unless they think it is theirs. How exceptionally limiting.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Hell, i know a 22 year old that i'd not trust to have a gun, unless he was covering my back. LOL

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join