It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid shoots cops with handgun, Biden wants to ban Assault Weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
great minds think a like, mine is just a few milliseconds faster

He's my sock so I thought of the joke while I was typing his underwear comments.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

great minds think a like, mine is just a few milliseconds faster

He's my sock so I thought of the joke while I was typing his underwear comments.

and I was thinking of the fallout

ba dum tss

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wore underwear when I was in the military.

So are my boxers now "undergarments of war"?

I was wondering why you never wear pants in Walmart.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wore underwear when I was in the military.

So are my boxers now "undergarments of war"?

I was wondering why you never wear pants in Walmart.

oh, that's not an accident

*So I've heard...

edit on 14-9-2020 by Vector99 because: almost forgot the beer, how dare I!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Excellent definition Redneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: network dude

... and Granola is a type of breakfast cereal.

These things are not as related to each other as the spin would attempt to portray.

Imagine what would happen, though, if the "attempted assassination" was done with a weapon with more killing power.

Just imagine, huh? We need to base legal decisions off our imaginations, for sure.

AR's cost magnitudes of order more than a handgun. There is a reason that a handgun is used. Portability and cost, primarily.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Guns save lives. That’s a fact.

And biden has zero percent chance of ever getting into the Whitehouse, President Trump most definitely has the ‘popular vote’ so who cares what pedophile joe wants?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: chr0naut

No way, if we continue to punish law abiding citizens for the cowardly
acts of street criminals. America loses all the way around. First of all
law abiding citizens have a right to the same weapon that this country
can strap to their ass at 18 yrs old. And send them out to a foreign land
to die for their country. And it should be unheard of to even consider
changing that in America. Unless the goal is more heart ache blood shed
and misery.

Banning anything that gives a man the best means to protect his family.
Is unlawful and a completely absurd notion at any capacity. Take away
a mans ability to do that which makes him a man and might as well
take away the man himself. And I just touched on the true goal of the
democratic party right there. So there's that! The true goal of the democrats.
You don't have to put your glasses on to find it. It's the criminals who should
lose their rights not everyone. Democrats wouldn't even stop there anyway.
They'd be try'n to ban the military's weapons after they took ours.

F%^$*(& Idiots

So why not rocket propelled grenades, man-traps and anti-personnel mines? They are arms, and could build up a strongly defensive perimeter. Soldiers use them, too.

Perhaps the law that arms the 'defenders' has no real limitations and also arms the 'attackers' too? For it to favor the law abiding, there needs to be some limitation that prevents misuse, and there isn't.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

These things are not as related to each other as the spin would attempt to portray.

Imagine what would happen, though, if the "attempted assassination" was done with a weapon with more killing power.

Um, a gun was used. AFAIK, guns are what produces "killing power". But the type of gun was used to conceal itself until the shooter was ready. If the shooter had a big scary black rifle, he would have been seen approaching and likely not able to do the damage he did.

I just don't get why attacking assault weapons over this event is even a thing. The problem here is a thug who doesn't value human life. We should remove that.

Even though they are thugs, you can't kill people. That is not putting value on human life.

They couldn't shoot you, though, if they had no access to guns. Do you see how that works?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

My fists literally can be deemed assault weapons. So when assault weapons are banned to I have to cut off my hands?

You could say that you are 'literally' made of metal (well, there's significant iron in your blood and calcium in your bones) but everyone would think you are a kook.

edit on 14/9/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Um, a gun was used. AFAIK, guns are what produces "killing power". But the type of gun was used to conceal itself until the shooter was ready. If the shooter had a big scary black rifle, he would have been seen approaching and likely not able to do the damage he did.

I just don't get why attacking assault weapons over this event is even a thing. The problem here is a thug who doesn't value human life. We should remove that.

Even though they are thugs, you can't kill people. That is not putting value on human life.

They couldn't shoot you, though, if they had no access to guns. Do you see how that works?

might want to rethink the bolded part of your post almost reads like you put the shooters life over the cops...

But hey if you would prefer anarchay... well whatever floats your boat.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nailed it.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

might want to rethink the bolded part of your post almost reads like you put the shooters life over the cops...

But hey if you would prefer anarchay... well whatever floats your boat.

Human life is human life.

And wouldn't anarchy be where everyone is armed and taking the law into their own hands? An entirely unarmed society would be way less anarchic than that.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As I've asked before, which is the "Assault Rifle"?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
In some states it is the one on the bottom, even if they shoot the same ammo.

I guess people don't know this but phrases like "For the purpose of the present law "assault rifles" are..." are common in legal practice. Doesn't matter if a layman's definition exists or not.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And wouldn't anarchy be where everyone is armed and taking the law into their own hands? An entirely unarmed society would be way less anarchic than that.
a reply to: chr0naut

And laws actually protect people. Taking away guns doesn't do much, there are literally hundred of weapons to choose from.This is about dodging the actual problem. Odds are this shooting was committed by a POC and before you jump on that statement for being racist lets look at a little something. How many shootings done by whites are done with an " assault rifle"? If they have a hand gun it seems to have been their secondary weapon. Now when we have a shooting with a POC how many of those have used a "assault rife"? This is more about damage control for their narrative.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

They are the same rifle. Ruger 10/22.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
They are the same rifle. Ruger 10/22.

I know, but the mods on the one on the bottom make it fit the definition created by legislation. That was really my point. When drawing up laws, legislators are allowed to create definitions and they are legally binding even if those two rifles are basically the same.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It just shows how ignorant they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join