It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem is not government. . . . . it is what KIND of government people want

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Ever since the government started meddling with it and problems started to occur, it's always capitalism that's the problem and never, ever the things government did to "rein it in" that created the issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Fight wars, deliver mail, keep the interstate roads in good repair.

They can't even do any of those things efficiently, why anyone would want more of those potato heads is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They can't even do any of those things efficiently, why anyone would want more of those potato heads is beyond me.

Keep it local and it's easier to apply the tar and feathers as necessary.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

When government screws things up, government solution is always more government.

And too many people even support the above sentence.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yep, one of the posters in this thread is a good example.

"Waah, the health care system is screwed up! We need the government to take it over."

She forgets that the last thing to happen to the health care system was Obamacare, a massive imposition of government control via regulation that made everything worse. But for her, the answer is to give government even more control because, you know, the problem has to be that we left even a tiny bit of capitalism in the system, not that the government screwed anything up.

And unless I forget the thread, the very same person acknowledges that government is fully corrupt too, but they need to run it and leave all of us no choice at all in the matter.

And when I read thoughts like that from a person, my mind immediately shifts to the idea that all they're thinking is "Who cares? I won't have to pay."

edit on 14-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you find yourself hitting your own head with a hammer, the solution is not to switch hands and get a bigger hammer.

The solution is to stop hitting yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

When government screws things up, government solution is always more government.

For the above statement the government is going to ship you off to a FEMAle Camp.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

For the above statement the government is going to ship you off to a FEMAle Camp.

I hope they have crafts, archery, canoeing!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Crafts? We do! We're gonna make three piece suits of out of your hide. That's after we stick you with arrows while you're strapped to a canoe.

edit on 14-9-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️💗🍕

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well for a start you can take "fight wars" off the list. Only if it impacts the country personally, which since WW2 none have. This little saving would produce $721.5 billion to be spent on the people.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Nope
Just soy lattes
Tranny lap dances
And Instagram

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Its past time to break this country up.....first into 50 Independent states and then, let the States with common interests come together naturally to form new Republics. I for one am tired of having my life dictated to me by California scum like Nancy Pelosi. We have nothing in common with Californians.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Of course, they have crafts.

You'll spend 16 hours a day assembling components in Apple's latest iPhone for soy boys. For variety, you can spend your weekends stitching Nike's latest woke sneaker.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You left off one point...there is no type of government that can provide that. Except in the fairy tale world many live in.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDaveAPK

You left off one point...there is no type of government that can provide that. Except in the fairy tale world many live in.

Yet that's what some forms of government promise.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Bottom line:

The definition of 'Government' is a group of people who have a monopoly on violence over a geographical area.

This is true 100% of the time, and is the essential nature of government. Everything government does is only able to be done through theft of property from its subjects, or through coercion via the threat of violence or imprisonment. Without the ability to steal from individuals in the form of taxation, eminent domain, or property seizure, and without the ability to enforce the laws they create via threat of violence and/or kidnapping, government has no ability to do anything.

Therefore, because government's existence is entirely based on violence and in direct violation of the non-aggression principle, all governments are inherently evil. The only way forward for humanity is through evolving society away from hierarchal governments, and towards an Anarcho-Capitalist society entirely based on voluntarism, self-ownership, non-aggression, and private property rights.

posted on Sep, 15 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There will never be a political remedy folks, the only remedy is yourself .

As long people will go supporting the current slavery by voting those political parties , the slavery will continue, and get worse.

I think Max Igan sayed truths in this video, we are really too blind to notice the absurdity of the current system.

You Are the Remedy

The current system is a sinking ship, for us the people....the rulers keep on trucking in this game , as long people will support the system.

The same political system is about to cause food shortages, or are allready doing it....yet people will support it anyway.

I agree with Max when he says that dont go to vote.

End of rant

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
America is libertarian - dont mess with me is not a road to political power, politicians are the problem - not the people.

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually. I am saying people are corrupt... the govt consists of people and it is people that give the politicians the power in the govt, many times for selfish and corrupt reasons.

And, just how was the healthcare system better before obamacare? Out local taxes were going through the roof because bush diverted money from the medicaid funds for his wars and just decided the states should pick up the slack. Hospitals were closing down or being bought out by the catholic hospital system. Employers were finding it more and more difficult to find decent health coverage for thier employees that they could afford. More and more people were just finding healthcare out of thier price range.
And... we were at each others throats wanting to control each others dietary and personal habits.

The only way that the people will be able to get control of their healthcare is for them to be able to pay for their care with their own funds.. since if you are relying on health insurance then you are giving the insurance companies the same power you are afraid to give the govt. You think the top management, the CEOs, of the insurance companies are not just as greedy and corrupt as the politicians are, if not more so? At least the danged politicians and govt employees arent making a few million dollars in salaries and bonuses every year!

But, what is your answer? I bet it isnt to cut all govt funds going into the healthcare system is it?

posted on Sep, 16 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Did you know government determines the price and cost of healthcare?

Did you know that Congress determines the cost so they can regulate medicare and madicaid reimbursements?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join