It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i wear the mask in stores and everywhere i have to. i take a new one every three days. i pay attention to holding the distance, which is unfortunately often impossible. i find some measures illogical and some exaggerated. i'm not a doctor. but i don't want to get this virus and i don't want anyone getting ill of it. i know that many people suffer from the measures. i know people who have financial problems. friends with children. older people. most of them get along. at the moment things are normalizing in germany. nevertheless: everybody is affected and life is different. fear creeps through the streets. great times for radicals. so we have to show solidarity instead of fighting each other.

a very serious question to the forists: if you are infected with corona, will you go into quarantine or at least wear a mask or will you still go to the supermarket, meet relatives and friends...?

peace & stay healthy!

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Don't get tested unless you get sick.

If you contract covid-19 sickness, you will either stay home or go to the hospital.

Either way you are out of mainstream Society until you recover.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If you are asymptomatic, how can you know if you are infected?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's not worth worrying about. Unless you get tested every day, that potential always exists.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
i wear the mask in stores and everywhere i have to. i take a new one every three days. i pay attention to holding the distance, which is unfortunately often impossible. i find some measures illogical and some exaggerated. i'm not a doctor. but i don't want to get this virus and i don't want anyone getting ill of it. i know that many people suffer from the measures. i know people who have financial problems. friends with children. older people. most of them get along. at the moment things are normalizing in germany. nevertheless: everybody is affected and life is different. fear creeps through the streets. great times for radicals. so we have to show solidarity instead of fighting each other.

a very serious question to the forists: if you are infected with corona, will you go into quarantine or at least wear a mask or will you still go to the supermarket, meet relatives and friends...?

peace & stay healthy!

I've got a better idea, if you KNOW you have COVID, STAY THE # HOME!

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It's not worth worrying about.

Except that you can infect others. Some of whom may not be as fortunate as you.
So wear a mask.

edit on 9/13/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's not worth worrying about. Unless you get tested every day, that potential always exists.

Indeed. We need to also remember, barely anyone has a mask that properly fits their face shape anyway. I've seen ample amounts of lips through the sides of these damn things, nobody's stopping jack # this way. It's a false sense of safety with logic holes big enough to drive a semi truck through.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The more people who wear masks, and wear them properly, the better. It's a matter of reducing risk, not eliminating it.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The more people who wear masks, and wear them properly, the better. It's a matter of reducing risk, not eliminating it.

Sorry, man. The rules just state a mask over the nose and mouth, says nothing about micron rating or degree of flushness needed. This wasn't fleshed out properly to begin with, that's a big ol' loophole ripe and ready for the mocking.
Even I deliberately thumb that one and don't look for properly fitting masks anymore, nor do I form them the "proper" way around the nose. They don't sit on my face and stay put anyway, they ride all the way up to the lower lash line, so I'm constantly #ing with them to re-situate them. That much fiddling doesn't do anything useful. So why would I bother trying further? By nature of constant fiddling to keep it lower on the face (disposables and cloth alike) I'm negating any benefits already.
edit on 9/13/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Even I deliberately thumb that one and don't look for properly fitting masks
How very macho. You must be very proud of yourself.

By nature of constant fiddling to keep it lower on the face (disposables and cloth alike) I'm negating any benefits already.
No you aren't. The point is to reduce the number of droplets you expel into the environment and the distance they travel.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Even I deliberately thumb that one and don't look for properly fitting masks
How very macho. You must be very proud of yourself.

By nature of constant fiddling to keep it lower on the face (disposables and cloth alike) I'm negating any benefits already.
No you aren't. The point is to reduce the number of droplets you expel and the distance they travel.

Think what you want. I'm not wasting any more money on this crap, I've spent enough on masks that never stay put.

And if the droplets meant anything at all, no one would walk around with side gaps big enough to see their mouths. It is what it is, Phage, deal with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Why are we still spending so many resources testing for something most of us don't realize we have until we get tested, which is typically when we're about over it? And this if we even feel anything, to begin with.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Think what you want. I'm not wasting any more money on this crap, I've spent enough on masks that never stay put.
The mask I wear has straps that go around my head (one over the ears, the other below). A seamstress friend makes them and gives them away. Three layers of fine cotton (with a tasteful Hawaiian motif) with a pouch into which I insert a folded paper towel. It fits,stays put quite well, and is washable.

And if the droplets meant anything at all, no one would walk around with side gaps big enough to see their mouths.
Like you do?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's not worth worrying about.

Except that you can infect others. Some of whom may not be as fortunate as you.
So wear a mask.

How about we just stay out of the senior citizen facilities, until we're 'cleared'?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

How about we just stay out of the senior citizen facilities, until we're 'cleared'?
That would be a good idea. Pretty sure they're pretty careful about that.

But it doesn't do much for people who are aren't in those "facilities."

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good for you then, they work for you. They do not work for me. No amount of "try this, it works" works for my face shape. You're going to have to decide whether to like it or lump it, pick one.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Even an ill fitting mask is better than none.

But I get it, you just don't give a damn.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Even an ill fitting mask is better than none.

But I get it, you just don't give a damn.

You're right, I don't, and I've never denied that from the start of this baloney. I've complied as best possible since I no longer HAVE a choice in the matter. That should be plenty good enough for you based on the above comment of yours, and the end of the nitpicking.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Clean out your bad gut bacteria using anti-parasitic/bacterial foods and repopulate it with good gut bacteria from lacto-fermented foods and vegetbles and stop worrying.....then a covid-cold is exactly that just a cold.

Wear a mask if it makes you feel better...I carry a pet rock...whats the difference?
edit on 13-9-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Double post, my apologies.
edit on 13-9-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join