It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really really do not like BLM.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Umm ketsuko 99 % of the people on the planet have less then a dollar Frankly as THINGS go Im luck .
Thing is someone who lost even less then I to them it may have matter so much they go off the deep end .
You want to just go buy monetary value .

Well the truth is you won the world lottery just by being in the US... Poverty by world standards is less than 16 bucks a day and middle class is 32 to 64 a day. Outside of the US there is different standards for middle class such as if you have a place to live with running water and electricity, all your kids go to school, everyone eats at least once or twice a day, you have transportation such as a scooter, you have some access to minimal healthcare such as a small clinic, you are middle class.

In Portland I watched a homeless guy sitting on a bench drinking a micro brew talking on the latest IPhone saying how he is still homeless...Americans typically have no clue to what poverty really is, and the bad part is many of these places people work 16 hours a day 7 days a week and still are in poverty. Much has changed though in the last 30 years as true poverty is becoming a thing of the past, but in America so many that live in what we deem poverty are there by choice of not really doing anything with their life while making poor decisions along the way.

This is why immigrants who don't even speak English with nothing but the cloths on their back do well within a few years.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Accutly i booked marked that and as I do know some programming ill look into it .
Honstly I dont care what he thinks of me ill take advice from anyone .
I did opglise to him as well mixing him up with another person .
To anyone who i may have offended Please expect my apologies .
Best I can do .

It's all good, sometimes it's it ok to just kick back, and listen.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: vance
I don't like them either, but the First Amendment protects speech. I just don't pay attention to them, gets me bye.

Right, but it doesn't give them the right to block roads, destroy property or loot.

It also doesn't give then the right to interfere with emergency services, and it seems they were at this particular hospital which is why some of them were arrested.

Right. What ever is going on now, it isn't "protesting". If the states won't do anything to BLM/Antifa then the federal government should be stepping in and charge them.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Nyiah

Well they can attempt to silence me, the moment they violate my rights, I will violate theirs.

True dat. It effectively boils down to a manners tiff between folks at best ("You be nice now" "NO! You can't tell me what to do, an amendment says you can't" "Actually, about that...I'm not the government") It only starts crossing lines when the government slams a fist down.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes True very True But I dont find any consultation in knowing that .
It just reminds me of how the Humans race really is and some small part of me still wants to believe we can be better then we are .

When I look at citys like Chicago Detroit and so on I see people who have no hope see no future see now way out so do what ever they can to survive same as The MILES of shacks In India The garbage DUMP living like that it just brakes my heart .
And people response are its there own falt as if that will change it .

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vonclod

There is a lot of inequity in the world, I don't know how to fix it. I think a lot of it is geographical vs race. Some areas have been decimated as far as jobs go. Had a long conversation with a friend yesterday, musing about all the manufacturing gone here. Giant factories gone, up goes a Walmart, that kinda crap. Hope can motivate a lot, but I think many have lost it.

We wondered..what if NAFTA had not been signed..where would we be now? I'm Canadian, but we are in this together, as far as NAFTA goes.

Its called move to where the jobs are.... When I retired from the military people asked me where was I going to live and I said IDK since it will be where I get a job...many looked confused with that answer.

Move to China then?..I kid, a bit.

I hear you on that, I worked out of town a lot, when I was younger..easy to do when not tied down. I think if you have little resources to begin with, it is a daunting prospect. But can be done.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, I'm just over it all.

Let them do whatever they think they can, I'll handle it.

I am also under the presumption I don't owe anyone anything.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

The idea that if only we shared everything, there would be enough is a pipe dream. Do some research on Jamestown.

They tried to live like you suggest. In the beginning everything in the colony was held in common. Everyone had an equal share of everything. However, there were too many people who did not produce for various reasons - a favorite was searching for the gold the new world was supposed to have tons of. So supplies steadily dwindled away and they nearly starved to death.

The next solution was to still hold everything in common, but to set the rule that he who did not work also did not eat.

The colony survived, but it did not thrive. Basically, the labor was all forced. No one had anything to work for except to continue eating, so everyone simply worked the bare minimum they had to in order to receive their rations.

In the end, they allowed everyone in Jamestown some land and told them that after they all paid their tax portions (Jamestown was financed by outside interests and in debt that had to be paid off by the residents), they could keep whatever was left for their own use. It was only at that point that Jamestown truly thrived with each resident able to work for himself according to his own desires and needs.

You will have plenty of people who will decide it is far easier to simply receive what others are willing to give them than it is to work. We ran into this with the pandemic relief when so many chose to take the expanded unemployment over returning to work because they reasoned they could make more that way.

This also illustrates some of the poor decision making some of us have been talking about. That extra money was never going to be permanent. What would happen to the people who continued to go with the extra money monthly instead of taking work? Would the sudden glut of jobs be gone before the money ended? There was no way to know, but that's the very real risk they were taking. A job, even if at a lesser rate offered a more permanent solution.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

"The BIGGEST problem Is when a Officer commits a Crime Its brushed Under the rug

This is it exactly! Many good cops out there but they are powerless to report never mind weed out the bad ones. It's a protectionist brotherhood.

I had a cop say he'd let me go on a drinking driving offense if I gave him a bj! Tried to kick him in the head when trying to escape the car so then I had to spend all night in a room being interrogated as none of them cops back at the station believed me. His word versus mine, I get it, but they harassed me til I was so confused that I took back my statement so there is no record left. I've had anxiety around them ever since though have met a few really nice ones that helped the healing.

You are 100% right... it is the brushing it under the rug mentality that needs to change, not just with the cops but all levels of government. They have a internal policy where rules don't apply to them.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Whaaaa? You mean anarcho communism wasnt a Utopia?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Jamestown is a poor example as it was run by a psychopathic cult leader. There are plenty of examples of communal living working in smallish groups. That being said communism does fail at anything over a couple hundred people. Still what we have now is a small handful of people taking it all. Just because some people take advantage doesn't mean everyone does. Government should provide security for its peoples. We would be more secure if everyone had their basics needs met. Plenty of people would be incentivized to work for something better then basic. a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

People keep saying systemic racism as some overarching bubble, but no one can actually give me real physical evidence of it. The other part is this whole White privilege thing too, so we need to understand that 8 million Blacks might be in poverty, but there is also about 20 million whites in poverty too...where is their privilege?

Keep up!! you need to be *woke*

All whites have 'unconscious bias' which accounts for their 'white privilege'

Apparently............

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

Jamestown was not a religious settlement.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Most of the news media has not even mentioned this despicable incident, let alone say anything about the officers who were shot.

Were they young or old..or have families?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The woman has a 6-year-old.

They were both about 14 months out of academy.

pjmedia.com... 24864

The female deputy is a mother to a 6-year-old boy, Villanueva said. Both deputies had graduated from the academy 14 months ago, he added.

The deputies, from the department’s Transit Services Bureau, were parked adjacent to 101 East Palmer St. across from the station, when the suspect approached “from behind,” Capt. Kent Wegner said. He said the deputies were facing southbound, and the shooter came from the north.

“He walked along the passenger side of the car. He acted as if he was going to walk past the car and then he made a left turn directly toward the car, raised a pistol and fired several rounds inside of the vehicle, striking both of the sheriff’s deputies.”

That info, btw, PJ quoted from Newsweek.
edit on 13-9-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe privilege is not the right word. I have never heard of a white person being scared of police simply because of his skin color. Many black people are though. The truth is the privilege belongs to a group of elites that few of us are a part of. Black people are more often the victim of poverty and injustice then any other supposed racial group. The problem goes beyond race but black people in many ways have become the face of the problem. All the things that people complain about when they complain about systematic racism actual applies to most everyone on some level including white people. Hold cops accountable for when they kill or brutalize black people for example. So hold cops accountable and it will also benefit some white people who may get mistreated by police. I guess it would be better called black disprivelege then white privilege. If you look around the country at board rooms, executive positions. If you look at wealth and land ownership, the vast majority of those people are white. Nothing wrong with anyone doing well for themselves but certain people are kept out of the loop. Many of those are white people, many more(percentage wise(a re black. That is the systemic racism proof. Stop looking at white privilege as being a personal attack but something that we are all victims of. Again it should probably be called elite privilege but because the vast majority of elites are white it gets called that. a reply to: eletheia

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

If you show this to well-meaning people driving around with BLM signs in their window, they will remove those signs.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Breaks my heart! Why the hell is it taking the Department of Justice so long to label these sons of bitches as terrorists?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance
I don't like them either, but the First Amendment protects speech. I just don't pay attention to them, gets me bye.

Unfortunately they have corporate backing.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

Wait ... are they kept out of the loop or do they not do what it takes to get into the loop in the first place?

You can go back to the post I made about literacy and value placed on it by blacks and whites as an example of what I mean.

There are real, cultural differences all up and down the economic ladder between black families and white families when it comes to the value placed on books and reading. Those things tie directly into one's literacy and reading ability. The foundation of all learning is the ability to read.

If you have one poor family that has books, even from the library where they are free for the borrowing, and takes the time to read to their children and another that doesn't bother. That creates a difference in the children. Not only do the children who are read to have a stronger foundation in the nuts and bolts skills of reading when they get to school, but they see their parents taking an active interest in books and reading. It becomes something they may be far more likely to cultivate an interest in themselves. And the parents, for their part, are far more likely to push an interest in reading in their kids.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join