It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the true severity of Covid-19

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The deaths are recategorized deaths from all kinds of reasons there is under the Sun, and they just mark them as covid-19. It is all a conspiracy , it really is.

I really have failed to see solid science about how this supposed virus infects , not even cell tissue in vitro. They dont know what is it that they are tracing.....i mean is the " genome " just something that body producess all the time in cleaning process etc...

Huge amount of people die anyway in the World per Year, to many different causes. Now they killed a lot people with ventilators and poisoneous drugs....but still managed to write covid-19 to death certificates.

edit on 14-9-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: chr0naut

The deaths are recategorized deaths from all kinds of reasons there is under the Sun, and they just mark them as covid-19. It is all a conspiracy , it really is.

I really have failed to see solid science about how this supposed virus infects , not even cell tissue in vitro. They dont know what is it that they are tracing.....i mean is the " genome " just something that body producess all the time in cleaning process etc...

Huge amount of people die anyway in the World per Year, to many different causes. Now they killed a lot people with ventilators and poisoneous drugs....but still managed to write covid-19 to death certificates.

Genomics is nearly high school science these days.

I have run the polymerase reaction on potato cells with my children and then we have observed and manipulated sequences using CRISP-CAS9 (we didn't reinsert the sequences back into the potato cells, it was just to give my teens exposure to the science.

There are genuine chemical reasons that living things operate the way they do. The basic life processes aren't waste products. The science has been established with practical observation and experimentation. It isn't perfect, but is an ongoing process.

The interpretation that is presented in your video is contrary to established science and lacks the pedigree of that level of 'proving out'. Not saying that it is wrong, but...

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Is there any proof that the new coronavirus, from Wuhan is contagious ?

Because i doubt it is.

So what?

How does that help anyone who has to ware a mask to make a run for basics at their supermarket?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well i wont stop anyone to believe the religious lies....i am expressing my thoughts about it , it may not help anyone but i guess i can express my opinion still.

The science and persons who are so devoted to this religious cult will not hesitate to poison their own children when the high priest tell's em...

And wearing mask is just symbolic gesture that shows peron is just obedient to cult rules. I can understand mask use in surgical operations , but not really much to protect anyone from this supposed virus.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

You won't stop? How gracious of you.

The truth is that you can't stop anything and expressing your opinion doesn't do anyone any good, not even you.

People mandated to ware masks are not doing it because they are following some cult. What do you get from saying something like that?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

And wearing mask is just symbolic gesture that shows peron is just obedient to cult rules. I can understand mask use in surgical operations , but not really much to protect anyone from this supposed virus.

For the Nth time, the mask isn't to protect yourself....it is to protect others FROM you.
Surgeons don't wear masks to protect themselves from the patient, it is to protect the patient from infection by the surgeon!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We don’t. The worlds changed, we won’t go back, only forward.

a reply to: subfab

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

For the Nth time, the mask isn't to protect yourself....it is to protect others FROM you.

In other words, all humans are poisonous. How does it feel to believe that you are poisonous?

Surgeons don't wear masks to protect themselves from the patient, it is to protect the patient from infection by the surgeon!

And those masks are fitted to ensure they operate correctly, are designed specifically to filter specific viruses and bacteria, and are worn only in an otherwise sterile environment where the patient is exposed to contamination which bypasses the natural immunity of the body.

I never saw my heart surgeon wear a mask. I'm pretty sure he wore one when he was stitching my exposed heart back together.

That excuse is wearing pretty thin. I know it sounds good when it is said, but it just doesn't hold water when exposed to the least amount of scrutiny.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

We already went back. We need to go forward again.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You are falling into that old argument that it doesn't absolutely prevent, so we shouldn't have to bother doing it.

"A defence in depth uses multi-layered protections, similar to redundant protections. The intention is to create a reliable system using the multiple layers, rather than making any one layer perfectly reliable."

I'm not a big fan of all this hype about Covid-19, but it seems to me that wearing a mask when interacting with the general public is the least disruptive change to our lifestyle that could maximize effectiveness while minimizing personal invasiveness.

Will it absolutely prevent the spread of Covid-19? No, of course not, but it should reduce the rate of spread.

Riddle me this, if I was unknowingly infected with Covid-19 (asymptomatic), and I had to sneeze, would you rather I do it while wearing a mask and pointing my face into my elbow? Or should I just sneeze into your face? Of course this example is a bit of hyperbole, but I think it illustrates the point I am trying to make.

The masks are not hazmat suits, true, but they can be much more effective than going without a mask at all. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Riddle me this, if I was unknowingly infected with Covid-19 (asymptomatic), and I had to sneeze, would you rather I do it while wearing a mask and pointing my face into my elbow? Or should I just sneeze into your face? Of course this example is a bit of hyperbole, but I think it illustrates the point I am trying to make.

I would rather you simply cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze... whether that's with your elbow, your hand, or heck, just spin away from me while you sneeze, doesn't matter to me. At what point did we come to making a decision between having to wear a mask and sneezing directly into other people's faces? Helpful hint: people used to not sneeze into other people's faces without wearing masks. Even more helpful hint: if someone purposely sneezes into my face, they likely won't be able to sneeze again until their nose heals. Problem temporarily solved.

I am one of those who cannot wear a face mask for medical reasons. Maybe it's not a big deal to you, but it is to me.

But the real problem I have with the face masks is that it is setting a precedent: I am inherently poisonous to everyone around me, regardless of whether or not I have a disease... I might have a disease and not know it! So, according to this precedent, no restriction is too severe on me to ensure your health and safety. No matter what the cost to me, I am legally required by law to ensure your safety.

Bollocks!

If someone is high risk, they need to stay away from large crowds and request that anyone visiting them wear a mask or maintain a respectable distance. That's not insane... it's reasonably precautionary. If someone is sick, fine, wear a mask or better yet, stay away from large crowds and close contact until they feel better. I cannot believe I am having to say this to people who claim to be adults; it used to be simple common sense. We did that for hundreds of years, spanning hundreds of different viruses, and the species has not died out yet.

Deciding that everyone must wear a mask in public (and some say in private as well... better safe than sorry!) is insane. Shutting down the economy is insane. Almost everything we have done as a result of the Chinese virus is insane!

Want to know how insane? You just changed the goal posts. The post I replied to was trying to claim that face masks were effective because surgeons wear them... then you say they might be a little effective so we should wear them just to be sure. All because you still believe deep inside what you have been told by a bunch of political hacks: that you are inherently poisonous to all other humans. Dude, that is not logic; that in literal insanity!

Come back to the light... please.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

wearing a mask when interacting with the general public is the least disruptive change to our lifestyle that could maximize effectiveness while minimizing personal invasiveness.

Maybe for you, I consider having to wear a mask just to leave your house highly invasive.

Will it absolutely prevent the spread of Covid-19? No, of course not, but it should reduce the rate of spread.

First you have to explain why reducing the spread as much as possible is a logical approach instead of just enough to prevent strain on health services. Like I said, it's a neurotic approach and achieves nothing except prolong the suffering because the waves only end when herd immunity has been achieved. Secondly, you'd have to show that areas which enforce wearing a mask in public actually have high enough case numbers to justify that type of mandatory rule. There certainly isn't enough cases in Victoria to warrant such a rule, not even close to enough by any measure. Give me an example of one place where you still think it makes sense to wear masks in public.

Riddle me this, if I was unknowingly infected with Covid-19 (asymptomatic), and I had to sneeze, would you rather I do it while wearing a mask and pointing my face into my elbow? Or should I just sneeze into your face?

I'd rather you sneeze into your elbow without a mask. If you're sneezing into a mask and then you're wearing it all day, constantly touching it and adjusting it, you're going to increase your chance to spread a virus significantly. Also, I'm not going to wear a mask for a virus I fear about as much as the flu. Luckily masks are not mandatory in my state and never have been. Yet by some miracle we're doing better than places which have enforced that rule.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Except we haven't prevented anything, we have only slowed it, and in some places they stopped the spread altogether. Then when they started to reopen everything, wouldn't you know it, a second wave hit those places hard. They didn't magically prevent anything by hiding inside for several months, except prevent their immune system from doing its job. They only delayed the inevitable and destroyed their economies in the process.
edit on 14/9/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Except we haven't prevented anything, we have only slowed it, and in some places they stopped the spread altogether. Then when they started to reopen everything, wouldn't you know it, a second wave hit those places hard.

Wasn't that the idea?

They didn't magically prevent anything by hiding inside for several months, except prevent their immune system from doing its job. They only delayed the inevitable and destroyed their economies in the process.

I'm starting to think this destroyed economy thing is as valid as the CV-19 hype.

I mean, sure you can point out how bars, restaurants, gyms, barber shops/salons took a hit but how much do they contribute to a country's GDP? The supply chain was kept in motion and people panic buying and stocking up must have had a positive effect.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Wasn't that the idea?

It was only a good idea if the goal was to inflict as much misery on the population as possible.

This is a highly infectious disease! That means that, like it or not, want it or not, believe it or not, the vast, vast majority of the population will have to deal with it. Period. There is no power on earth that can prevent that once the disease is released. There is nothing that could be done by the USA, Italy, the UK, or any other country on earth to stop that, save one: China, where it started. China did nothing.

So stopping the spread and restarting it is only an exercise in fear mongering. It makes people who are already scared crapless of this virus afraid to go about normal daily activities. That in turn affects businesses who depend on those people to buy goods and services; in effect, it is a socially rather than legally enforced closure mandate. The result is that the businesses cannot operate at the same level as they did prior to February of this year, and that means people losing their jobs... in some cases, businesses completely close, putting all their employees on the unemployment line.

On the other hand, allowing the disease to propagate (which has now been proven to not overwhelm the medical system here) would allow people to become acclimated to it and develop herd immunity. Remember that this is a bad cold that only gets serious under very specific conditions... it does not need a blanket approach.

I mean, sure you can point out how bars, restaurants, gyms, barber shops/salons took a hit but how much do they contribute to a country's GDP?

Quite a bit, actually. Bars and restaurants are temporary service providers... one can sit down and eat the biggest meal imaginable, and 12 hours later they are hungry again. One can get loose in a bar tonight, and that is all gone tomorrow. Not to mention the unemployment effect... you can shrug off a "minor" loss to the GDP if you want, but for those who used to work in these places, it's a major financial hit. That means they will spend less because they have less, and what they do have to spend is coming from the government and not from commerce.

Now include all the services the restaurants require: pest control, cleaning services, transportation services to get food, food acquisition itself, uniform manufacturing, kitchen appliances... and bars have their own chain of supply.

Any offset caused by the sudden increase in chains like paper goods will not matter much at all over the long run. Sure, the manufacturers did great for a few months, but once the rush is over few people will buy because they have an entire room in their home that is now nothing more than paper storage. No one is wiping their behind more than normal; they just bought up more toilet paper than they needed so now they won't need any for a long time. Over time, that burst of extra purchasing will be offset by the resulting decline in purchasing.

A substantial increase in GDP over time comes from an increase in consumption, not just in purchasing.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You do understand that if the very same cloth masks everyone is wearing are inadequate to the task of protecting you from the particulates in the Western wildfire smoke, then they aren't going to protect you from viral particles either as those are much, much smaller?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

i am in Oregon. life here is nowhere near back to normal.
there are a lot of people who are still very frightened. people will call you out if you don't have a mask on. i just don't understand the world today.

This not hard to understand even if you dont have symptom you still have covid its just hat your system is strong anough to fight it so a mask is to protect those with existing condition...

or we just let tham all die because as a society whe are to douche bag to get the mask thing seriously...me, my self , and i

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I didn't say it was a good idea. I said just slowing it down was the idea.

Obviously there are people hit and some might have done better but the question I raised is how much did it really affect the GDP?

People didn't stop consuming just because they couldn't sit in a bar or restaurant.

edit on 14-9-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If we are all dangerously contagious killers :then is every discarded mask on the streets a bio-hazard ?

- 911 : please state your emergency.
- There's a mask !! Lying on the street-corner !! We're all gonna die !!!
- Keep calm sir. Please keep a security zone around the killer mask. We're sending police, EMT's, mobile-testing squad, and
a full level-4 hazmat team to clean-up the mess.

You are an icky contagious organic blob.
You leak contaminated bio-hazard elements, with every drop of fluid from your body, with every disgusting exhalation, and from the organic material left-over when you touch anything.
Are you purposely trying to kill other humans ?
What is wrong with you ?
( Maybe you're a sociopath ? )

ATS : Mask-up, and get your Covid-19™ vaccine : or you are a sociopath !!

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: LookingAtMars

... There are many more examples of things like this, I just can't see these highly educated and trained people getting it all so wrong.

Have you considered the possibilities : if they didn't get it all wrong ?

Yep, looks like it may have all been part of the plandemic.

edit on 14-9-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join