It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the true severity of Covid-19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My buddy thinks we got to wait see how bad it gets this fall to see if it's really a killer Global superbug he's thinking 26% kill rate because that's what it was in the Seattle nursing home.

I don't know I'm wondering about that glad you made a thread on it thanks

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

how do we change things?

when is it time to go back to business as usual?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Look`s quite evil in UK...Operation Moonshot , entire UK population tested for coronavirus in just a week.

MASS TEST BID ‘Operation Moonshot’: £100BILLION plan could see entire UK population tested for coronavirus in just a week

The test are of course meaningless on health side, but are going to be used against citizens in nazi style polize state ...

Look out Brits...Boris has evil agenda

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A little basic research on cold viruses shows that this is just a new cold virus. One of the more severe, but just a cold virus.

The common cold is normally a mild illness that resolves without treatment in a few days. And because of its mild nature, most cases are self-diagnosed. However, infection with rhinovirus or one of the other viruses responsible for common cold symptoms can be serious in some people. Complications from a cold can cause serious illnesses and, yes, even death—particularly in people who have a weak immune system.

For example, studies have shown that patients who have undergone a bone marrow transplant can have a higher likelihood of developing a serious respiratory infection. While rhinovirus is not thought to be the main cause of this, other viruses that are associated with symptoms of the common cold, such as RSV, adenovirus and parainfluenza virus, are.

There is, of course, more than one way for someone to become very sick after infection with a respiratory virus. Some viruses, such as adenovirus, can also cause symptoms throughout the body, including the gastrointestinal tract, the urinary tract and the liver.
Bolding above is mine. Can you die from a common cold?

The more you read about the common cold the more it sounds just like this new cold virus.

This was a well thought out plan. I think they saw that very few stats are keept on the common cold and realized they would be able to make the data show what ever they wanted.

What was the reason for a new cold virus pandemic?

Was it a test run for Dark Winter, now that would be a real pandemic (bio-engineered small pox virus). If you were out in the streets you would see death and sickness.

Unlike the cold virus pandemic, where I have been out in the street almost every day and see no damage from the virus, only damage from people.

Does the virus spread some kind of long term effect? Like damaging the reproductive system and causing a "Children of Men" type event.

I hope and pray that it is just the cartoon cold virus it is looking to be.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This one would be a little worse though because it is a new strain our bodies have not encountered before, so then you add the runaway immune responses - cytokine or it appears bradykinine perhaps in this case. Those will bolster the death toll and be the main risk for the young and otherwise healthy who get taken out. Most will not suffer that fate at all, but the odd person will.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Operation Moonshot , entire UK population tested for coronavirus in just a week.

Hmmm that could possibly explain why the case numbers in the UK have started to rise recently but the death rate has stayed completely flat.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeeh and they would get millions of positive cases with their flawed test, so next question would be what are they going to do with the positive people ? Forced quarantine ...mask on ...

This just gets more and more lunatic

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This one would be a little worse though because it is a new strain our bodies have not encountered before, so then you add the runaway immune responses - cytokine or it appears bradykinine perhaps in this case. Those will bolster the death toll and be the main risk for the young and otherwise healthy who get taken out. Most will not suffer that fate at all, but the odd person will.

I think that odd person would of suffered that same fate from something like the flu or a bad cold.

If you look at the numbers. Like, 99% of the deaths were in nursing homes, prisons and places like meat packing plants.

With all the organizations who's job it is to be ready for a pandemic. How did they all get it so wrong?

Billions have be spent over decades to be ready for something like this. I really don't think they could of blown it as bad as they did by accident.

So back to the question of why.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The original modeling came from a guy in the UK, and if you look at his history of making these kinds of predictions, this is the third time he's gotten it really, really wrong. But ... he's supposed to be an expert at doing this.

I think we've gotten to a point where everyone is so enamored of computer models that we've forgotten they're only as good as the data you feed them. Case in point - every global warming prediction in about ever.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Italy did get hit hard when it broke out. Would not be surprised to find some adverse reaction with its vaccination schedule. Possibly the same in New York too, it was a big transit hub, looking sad these days. It is hard to get clear data, hearing some correlation between flu shots and covid deaths.

How this mRNA vaxx tech goes when the next version model of covid is released has trouble written all over it. Having our bodies already primed to make virus components so it keep our immune system active gives a lot of tools for a new pathogen to take advantage of.

The associations with 'Resident Evil', the Umbrella corporation and the way this is playing out is on my mind at times.

The issues with reinfection with attempts at coronaviruse vaccinations is a big problem. It will take a few years for the long term effects to surface.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

how do we change things?

when is it time to go back to business as usual?

The reality is after Nov 3... NYC has had zero deaths many days and they are still locked down. Liberal run states will stay locked down until Nov 3 so that they can blame all their self induced problems on Trump. If this virus happened in 2021 instead things would have been much different all over America.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

My buddy thinks we got to wait see how bad it gets this fall to see if it's really a killer Global superbug he's thinking 26% kill rate because that's what it was in the Seattle nursing home.

It might be that high for people in their 70's but that's clearly the most pessimistic estimation possible. I do think it will be very important to see what happens this Winter in the Northern Hemisphere. My prediction is that the death rates will be very low even if a vaccine isn't released because Covid-19 is no longer a novel virus, most populations have had time to develop some degree of herd immunity, making Covid-19 essentially several times less deadly than the flu as appears to be the case in the UK. If they do manage to vaccinate people before winter then they'll undoubtedly give all the credit to the vaccine. Evolutionary pressure also causes viruses to be become less deadly but better at spreading, and we have already seen the less deadly strains of Covid-19 become the most wide spread.

“I’m quite prepared to believe that there are pockets in New York City and London which have substantial immunity,” said Bill Hanage, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health. “What happens this winter will reflect that.”

www.independent.co.uk...

A strain of the coronavirus thriving in Europe, the US and parts of Asia has a specific mutation which makes the virus more infectious but less deadly, an expert believes.

The variation in the SARS-CoV-2 virus, the agent which causes Covid-19, is called D614G.

Paul Tambyah, senior consultant at the National University of Singapore and president-elect of the International Society of Infectious Diseases, said evidence suggests the proliferation of the D614G mutation in some parts of the world has coincided with a drop in death rates, suggesting it is less lethal.

'Maybe that's a good thing to have a virus that is more infectious but less deadly,' Dr Tambyah told Reuters.

Tambyah said most viruses tend to become less virulent as they mutate.

'It is in the virus' interest to infect more people but not to kill them because a virus depends on the host for food and for shelter,' he said.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have also read that COVID deaths are down 60% due to technics that are helping to keep people off of ventilators such as keeping them on their bellies. So one just needs to wonder how much lower would have been the body count if these technics were used day one.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What baffles me is that at least one third of the posters here on ATS should have disappeared - permanently ! But I don't see that (Thank God!). Several posters have stated that they have had the virus and have survived, others have tested positive with no symptoms. Myself, I think I had it for about a week and a half in December 2019. Deep coughing that wouldn't stop and severe night sweats. I have never been tested.

Someone must have said 'Americans can't be controlled" and then another said "Hold my beer...".

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

Well people are not in nursing homes because they are healthy...They go there to die... Also it is not like it started in the nursing homes...there were millions infected before it got to those places. Millions who didn't even know they had something...The spread was so big that it finally went into nursing homes where people are close to death and that was like our first cases of death.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
What baffles me is that at least one third of the posters here on ATS should have disappeared - permanently ! But I don't see that (Thank God!). Several posters have stated that they have had the virus and have survived, others have tested positive with no symptoms. Myself, I think I had it for about a week and a half in December 2019. Deep coughing that wouldn't stop and severe night sweats. I have never been tested.

Someone must have said 'Americans can't be controlled" and then another said "Hold my beer...".

We have not been tested, but last year my team had a huge rush of the flu around Nov-Dec that lasted up to two weeks and ended up where everyone had dry coughs for months afterwards. I would love to be tested for antibodies.

We had students from Spain, Italy and Netherlands too...BTW I live in Washington state...
edit on 13-9-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was a skeptic early on and still skeptical.

First, I do think there is a deadly strain that does appear to be more fatal to those who are already compromised healthwise hence the high death rate in nursing homes. However, Covid-19 doesn't appear to be more than the common cold bug for 99.9% of the population. The data is pretty clear, unless you are over 60 years old, morbidly obese, and already suffering from significant illness, Covid doesn't appear to be all that deadly.

Personally, I don't think the public really knows the whole story though and believe there is a coverup of some sort going on. I base my opinion on the reaction of government to the virus. There may be multiple things going on.

Chinese Propaganda: The Chinese staged an event to take down the economies knowing western society would not react the same way the Chicoms would to this type of scenario and it would ultimately hurt our economies.

US Cover Up: Covid is man made. The reaction of the US leads me to believe our govt knows this and more importantly, the US was involved with its creation. There are plenty of links / connections to Wuhan, Dr. Fauci, and other very suspicious things (professors with Chinese ties being arrested) going back to last year.

The US is trying to cover up our involvement and we may not even know exactly how deadly (or not) Covid really is hence our willingness to go along with the lockdowns. What also leads me to this conclusion is that I find it odd the Trump Administration will not present the data and facts regarding the over reaction much like many of us have been doing. SO either people in the administration are poor communicators OR something else is taking priority imho.

Democrat Propaganda: It is pretty clear Democrats are using this to hurt Trump. Blue state governors locking everyone down trying to make it seem like it is Trumps fault. Again, I can't understand why Trump isn't fighting back unless there is something else going on preventing him from doing so.

Plain Ole Hysteria: It could just be mass hysteria brought on with social media bias and the general publics lack of understanding of basic math making most people susceptible to propaganda. Personally, I think historians will look back on this and conclude it was nothing but hysteria.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The original modeling came from a guy in the UK, and if you look at his history of making these kinds of predictions, this is the third time he's gotten it really, really wrong. But ... he's supposed to be an expert at doing this.

I think we've gotten to a point where everyone is so enamored of computer models that we've forgotten they're only as good as the data you feed them. Case in point - every global warming prediction in about ever.

They got a lot more wrong than just predicting millions of deaths.

What they did get right seems suspicious to me. They knew at the start that 80% of people would not need advanced medical care and that 20% would. That still holds true today. How were they wrong about everything else and right about the percentages?

They also knew lockdowns don't work. It is a medical fact. I am not talking about things like closing schools or isolating the sick.

They locked down everyone and still let us go shopping or pickup fast food. They must of known that would never work and would cause more deaths in the long run.

These people have been planing and studying to fight a pandemic for decades and didn't even have enough PPP for caregivers!

There are many more examples of things like this, I just can't see these highly educated and trained people getting it all so wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfabwhen is it time to go back to business as usual?

9 months ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have heard it everywhere but recently I had 2 Friends of the family die and they put cope it on there and it had nothing to do with it. Both had cancer before the pandemic and both actually live longer than their estimated time to live. both families were pissed once they got the death certificate and paperwork.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Italy did get hit hard when it broke out. Would not be surprised to find some adverse reaction with its vaccination schedule. Possibly the same in New York too, it was a big transit hub, looking sad these days. It is hard to get clear data, hearing some correlation between flu shots and covid deaths.

Or maybe it was released in a few cities world wide. Because of the number of people the freshly released virus kills and the way it mutates, all that ends up spreading is the weaker mutated virus.

edit on 13-9-2020 by LookingAtMars because: fix quote

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join