It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus states we will know the day if we are watching Revelation 3:3

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I thought that passage in Revelations was telling people to be ready, because they wont know when the day is coming.

You are completely right that we do not know the day or the hour that it is coming. To me, Rev 11 points to Rev2 and 3, which talk about it being quick "And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted."...."Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."... "Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."....."I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."

Even the Verse to the House of David talks about patience, and says that it is coming quickly "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth 11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Then at the end of Revelation 3, the urgency is summed up with one "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." It is as though he is reminding us again that he is at our door.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
To me, the importance of Rev2 and 3 is that things are coming quick. I take this to mean that once we know that the Two Witnesses are near, that it will be quicker than many expect. Both Rev 2 and 3 speak of this, as well as the call of the One at our door.

To me, this raises the need for the alarm. Since I know the two Tribes of the Two Witnesses, this signals the preamble to me. This also signifies that I have been asked to sound the alarm, and that people's deaths might fall upon my shoulders if they do not hear the alarm.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would not focus on Revelations in the new Testament, I would focus on the good that Jesus tried to tell people. I would try to focus on the good that the NT tries to promote.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Who are you to suggest to God's servants on which to focus?
Have you been granted discernment of the Bible?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Actually Rev. 3-3 is referencing back to the sermon on the mount specifically Matthew 24 and Mark 12. In that sermon he is telling the apostles what you need to be looking for when the Apocalypse starts. The various events that would happen. And then in Matthew 24-32 he references those events to the fig tree parable.

Now the original parable seems to have been lost to history but looking around there seems to be enough information to recreate it. In Mark 11 there is a story about a fig tree that was cursed and it died. Because it had no fruit. And in Luke 13-6 there is a parable about a fig tree that yet again was yielding no fruit. But in that one that tree was granted a reprieve to the next season.

So what I am concluding here the original parable was comparing the fig tree to the nation of Israel. And it was predicting the end of Israel at the hands of the Romans but in a distant future a nation of Israel was to be restored. And I also think the fig tree parable was referring to the day of Jezreel prophecy as well. That Israel was to be cursed for 2000 years according to verse 6-2 in Hosea followed by a thousand year of blessing. The day of Jezreel. At a 1000 years to a day with the Lord according to Psalms 90 and 2nd Peter 3-8.

So to pull this all together what Revelation 3-3 is telling us to be on the lookout for budding fig leaves. Which I would say we have actually seen a few since the rebirth of Israel in 1948.
edit on 13-9-2020 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There are always the possibility that there are more than one connection with Verses in the Bible. How I view Rev 2 and 3 is in direct relation to the Two Witnesses Account of Rev 11. These are the Churches that we will find that we still fall under today. It's also the Verses which give each Church their task for the end days, and they must complete that task to claim victory and receive their gifts.

Philadelphia and Thyatira seem to be the candlesticks or lampstands,
While Smyrna appears to be the Synagogue of Satan, the Canaanites.

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
The day of the rapture that's what he's talking about

The song from Blondie?

Fab five freddy?

posted on Sep, 14 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No I am talking about Israel, not the USA or UAE. It doesn't matter who or what it is, Paul's remark was in general about Jerusalem not UAE.
edit on 9/14/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join