It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign misspells 'Nobel' Peace Prize in ad to fundraise off of his nomination

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Serdgiam

The cognitive dissonance is profound when you can convince entire segments of the population that you fight against "X" by doing "X". We are told that to fight racism, we must become racist & prejudiced. To fight against child exploitation, we must exploit children. To fight against tyranny, we must become tyrannical. To fight against fascism, we must point out spelling errors..

This cognitive dissonance issue was launched into the popular culture by George Lackoff around 20ish years ago, at least from when I first encountered it. It was described by him in terms of how the''' right'' mentality works. It's nice to know from discussions here that cognitive dissonance is quite frequently used to describe the thinking of people on the left. This is fine and good.

However it seems that around here this mental break is considered only in relationship to people on the left and hardly at all considered as an affliction of the right as well. Which to my understanding is the definition of cognitive dissonance.

As far as fighting fascism, well, I"m not fighting fascism here Tex, just posting up one more example of gross incompetence. And believe me, I thank our lucky stars that Trump is not fascist because if he was the incompetency and ineptitude of his administration would be the only thing to save us.

"Why do you make fun of them, and not yourself" is not a defense.

Nonetheless, to call Trumps admin inept is to call all prior administrations far, far worse. Which of them managed middle east peace? Like i said, that is the modern gorion knot that all POTUS have tried to cut. Who actually untied that knot? The inept president? Think about that for a minute.

Ill take Trumps tax cuts putting a measely $50 more in my paycheck over Obamas healthcare plan taking $500 more. If Trump is inept, what does that make Obama? It not like his healthcare plan helped poor people. It enriched health insurance execs/investors, while giving poor people health coverage at prices they still could not afford.

As a man with an interest in protecting the innocent, Trumps moves against China are ground breaking. The government prior to him was all to willing to support their genocide of the Uighars. "Never again" means just that. He is inept, while Clinton allowing the Chinese to steal missile tech was not? LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry to reply to my own post, but i think it bears stating on its own: since 9/11 our country has spent trillions fighting terror in the ME. After Obama spent his entire presidency playing with his friends in ISIS, Trump routed their asses out immediately. He achieved in his first year what Obama struggled with for almost a decade...and still hadn't really made headway. All the things he did along the way helped achieve the defeat of ISIS and the ME peace deal. But he was hammered for it every step. Things you would label him inept over, have worked out to a degree that was unimaginable. The Gordion Knot. Plain and simple.

And in so doing he started a final chapter in the multitrillion dollar, multi decade war that Bush started, and Obama did nothing to finish. Less dead soldiers, less mentally broken soldiers, more national security, more trade partners...there is nothing but upside to it.

Its such an enormous achievement, that any failure he could possibly have had would be wiped clean by it. It is something that is so unheard of that its been referred to in a mythological manner forever. "peace in the middle east" is a pipe dream that people would say they prayed for, thinking it likely could never be achieved.

And you call him inept.

Insane.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Very sloppy, some one needs to be fired.
I pretty sure Trump does not do his own artwork.
on the other hand...
he may well do.
edit on 0000009061396America/Chicago12 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He did it again !!

He's got them triggered over and over LOL 😃

Like he once said he's a genius.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Triggering people with expertly crafted blunder is not even necessary.
They are self triggering.
edit on 0000009065896America/Chicago12 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Definitely should impeach him for this.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Definitely should impeach him for this.

Being impeached twice, and also winning the Nobel prize, is very low odds.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Nonetheless, to call Trumps admin inept is to call all prior administrations far, far worse. Which of them managed middle east peace? Like i said, that is the modern gorion knot that all POTUS have tried to cut. Who actually untied that knot? The inept president? Think about that for a minute.

A minute?

It doesn't take a minute to know that Trump hasn't achieved Middle East peace. Far from it. He's imposing a peace deal that only has one side at the table. Apart from Israel, the countries that have signed up are all on one side of the schism in the Arab world, the side that is quite happy to feign compliance if it gives them an advantage over the other side. And even they are still aren't entirely on board.

The countries that represent an existential threat to Israel are no more involved than the Palestinians.

The biggest breakthroughs since Eisenhower threw Israel under the bus in 1956 were at Camp David in 1978, which established a lasting peace with Egypt, and the Oslo Accords in 1993, which has given Israel almost 30 years of breathing space.

Trump's Middle East deal is no more effective than the amazing deal he cut to disarm North Korea and everyone outside his cult of personality knows it.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
After Obama spent his entire presidency playing with his friends in ISIS, Trump routed their asses out immediately. He achieved in his first year what Obama struggled with for almost a decade...and still hadn't really made headway. All the things he did along the way helped achieve the defeat of ISIS and the ME peace deal. But he was hammered for it every step. Things you would label him inept over, have worked out to a degree that was unimaginable. The Gordion Knot. Plain and simple.

Strike two.

Who routed out ISIS? Assad's Syrians, yes, with Russian support. Kurdish militias, including some the State Department considers terrorists, yes. The Iranians, yes. The US were in there, somewhere, but they were not in the main action any more than they were at Stalingrad and Kursk.

And ISIS, like Al Qaeda, are still with us.

Again, everyone outside his cult of personality knows this.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is silly, but seriously, how f'ing hard is this to do. You know, do a simple job, check it, sign off on it..lmao.

Only the best!

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

You are totally clueless about the middle east Did you know not one Muslim country has ever acknowledged Israel as a state. Do you know why? Of course you don't in fact if you visited Israel they would not stamp your passport they give you a card to put in it. They did this because if any country in the middle east saw an Israeli stamp they would refuse entry to the person. Now we have Muslim nations openly acknowledging Israel has not happened since they started and you dont think its a big deal.Even acepting Jerusalem as their capitol and you dont think thats a big deal. And he played it smart the deal opens up trade so bet on other countries deciding they want in on that.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 12-9-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The campaign is merely being consistent. Far be it from some spelling Nazi underling to correct The Donald, who has always thought it was the "Noble Prize", and insisted that all those journalists who got Noble Prizes to return them, because they're all Fake News!
thegrio.com...

Is this guy for real?

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Is this guy for real?

Like the Gods of old, he remains real so long as people believe in him.

So...no.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Sticks and stones, Terry, sticks and stones.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's a peace prize, not a spelling bee!

LOL, that guy or gal had one job.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Anyone can get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. The real trick is getting awarded one.

Apparently Obama actually received one, but I'm a bit unclear as to why he did, though.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
LMAO! It doesn't surprise me.

If you take a close look at them, you will see that Trump supporters have a lower IQ and less education than the average person in this country.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BeenieWeenie

So half your country is low IQ Silly's?

See it represented here but doesn't look like half to me. Have a few people coming in and saying Silly like things everyday but their voices generally fall on deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 13 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

He was awarded it for not being Bush, little did they know he was actually Black Bush.

Ask the ME.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join