It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign misspells 'Nobel' Peace Prize in ad to fundraise off of his nomination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Chalking this up to grammar is not the issue. Spelling is not the issue. Those who childishly find joy in the miss-spelling of others is not the issue. The issue here is competency, competency on the part of the person who wrote it, competency on the part of the person above that person who should have checked the work and at least the competency of the person who let it get out to the public to inspire possible swing voters to vote for Trump.

Are you freaking serious man? You question competency because of a mispelled word?

Do you still consume written media? Those folks write for a living, and make multiple mistakes each publication.

LOL....your complaint. I mean, i'd like to try to find a common ground of concern for you hear. But all i keep seeing is "petty" and "insane" in what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The real kicker: you bitch about a spelling mistake and smear the man when the mistake is on an article relating to his being nominated for 2 Nobels in a week, for 2 separate things that, if we are being honest, are so far beyond amazing that i've found trouble really understanding the full scope.

"Peace in the middle east" was one of those things people used hyperbolicly as it relates to an impossible task. Its the modern gordion knot.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

It's my yob. I have been critical of US presidents since Nixon. Every damn one of them. Why stop now?

I actually feel sorry for you. Sounds like you spend your whole life focusing on the faults of others. Maybe you should focus on yourself for a while.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: underwerks

Bro you know you lilly white af, thats whats hilarious.

stfu and sit down.

That may be, but I’m not the one defending a political party that has literal Nazis running on their ticket.

In at least five state and national races across the country, the Republican Party is dealing with an uncomfortable problem. Their party’s candidates are either a card-carrying Nazi, a Holocaust denier, a proud white supremacist, or all of the above.

Link

You guys can deny the Nazi references all you want and it won’t make a difference, because again, you have literal Nazis running for office in your political party.

Reality doesn’t care about your feelings.

Nor does it care about yours. Your party has Muslim extremists already in office that want to disassemble our legal system and turn big cities into #holes like their home countries. Both sides have idiots in them on the fringe. Don't vote for them.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Am an old gaffer Xtro. I know how that goes. Even before I retired I had a job of some criticality. I had a number of people over me who never ever allowed one of my errors to see the light of day. I"m just saying that ''that'' is my point, not just the possible ''old fella'' but rather the structure of the campaign itself.

You do know we are talking about Facebook here with this right?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

No Duck. I did not imply it was ''allowed'' to go on, it WAS allowed to go on, no implying about it. It is established fact and needs no implication.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I stopped going on yahoo news once they started silencing everyone in their comments. They're overwhelming populated by trump supporters. They obviously can't have that. Screw yahoo. Also to get back on the subject I have noticed that editors are either completely stupid, or a thing of the past. Every article I read online is riddled with errors. I guess that's the new fad.

edit on 12-9-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Bring evidence it was allowed. You can not.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

LOL....your complaint. I mean, i'd like to try to find a common ground of concern for you hear. But all i keep seeing is "petty" and "insane" in what you are saying.

I chalk it all up to spell checker which has made us all lazy...Just like the GPS has in actually killing the skill of knowing where the hell you are going. A quick look shows no misspelled words so all is good, hit send...Yep been there....

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The moronic part is you live in your feels.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

His party is currently supporting literal Nazi's. Not the horsecrap he is posting about people saying racist or racial things. I mean literal Nazi's in the Chinese.

Doesn't matter if its jews or uighurs....same result.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Particularly this year, some of the stuff that Trump has done is quite remarkable. Outside all the noise, and the bizarro-world priest class and their adherents, some of this is absolutely historic.

Earlier this year, I even mentioned that I was going to be giving Trump the benefit of the doubt in terms of The Virus. The expansion of power of the executive branch over the last decades have deeply concerned me, and he was in a position to truly, truly abuse it. Not only did that not happen, he has pulled off some pretty clever moves like federally deputizing local police forces.

Certainly havent agreed with everything. Things like Operation Warp Speed concern me greatly. Im not convinced that endless vaccinations for seasonal viruses is a good idea, particularly when we are talking about corporate products that have no legal responsibility if/when damages occur.

I also believe that the most important topic right now is actual decentralization (as opposed to the corporate-political version currently being sold) and very, very few are talking about that at all.

Regardless, in the grand scheme of things, it seems that a spelling mistake is not only irrelevant.. But a desperate attempt to find any fault, no matter how minor, and extrapolate that out into the greater Narrative of "evil genius fascist tyrant who is akshually totally incompetent and dumb: Trump."

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Damn that auto correct.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: HalWesten

His party is currently supporting literal Nazi's. Not the horsecrap he is posting about people saying racist or racial things. I mean literal Nazi's in the Chinese.

Doesn't matter if its jews or uighurs....same result.

They don't care though, they don't care about actual injustice. Gotta score points thats all that matters.

Never again? Well maybe just a few more times.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

C'mon Man!...ease up!
I'm still outraged over the "Two Scoops" debacle.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

No, the mistake proves he's a maniac. Terry told me so.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

C'mon Man!...ease up!

Diet Coke & McDonalds still got me like;

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

C'mon Man!...ease up!

Diet Coke & McDonalds still got me like;

...and don't get me started again on 'Koi Food-Gate'!

www.news18.com...
edit on 12-9-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Bro you know you lilly white af, thats whats hilarious.

stfu and sit down.

That may be, but I’m not the one defending a political party that has literal Nazis running on their ticket.

In at least five state and national races across the country, the Republican Party is dealing with an uncomfortable problem. Their party’s candidates are either a card-carrying Nazi, a Holocaust denier, a proud white supremacist, or all of the above.

Link

You guys can deny the Nazi references all you want and it won’t make a difference, because again, you have literal Nazis running for office in your political party.

Well they can try to run for office, it’s a free country after all.
That’s the beauty of politics in America, any asshole can run.
The Dems have Biden and Harris who are just as bad.
edit on 12-9-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Probably impeachable

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join