It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors about ‘antifa’ wildfires in Oregon are false, law enforcement says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Okay so i went to google. I searched "Antifa starting fires"

Page 1, every such claims are false. Page 2, exact same thing.

So regarding an issue like this, if the police and google are screaming the same thing, i am going to confidently say it was and it is Antifa.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The same Oregon where many police are being told to not enforce riot and looting laws.

So why should anybody automatically believe there's no ANTIFA connections to fires ?

Rioters and looters have started 100's of fires in the cities, so why not in forests ?

🎭🚬

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If you have antifa arsonists, that is not political. Remember, these Antifa people are the type of anarchists that will destroy to prove their point, they will stomp on the serenity of anyone who does not believe as they do. It is not politics that drives these chaotic people but they hide behind politics so they can get away with more. Any excuse is open to them causing chaos, they love the anarchy game.

Why do the Democrats try to protect these people, they are not good people, they love to disrupt society and will turn on Democrats in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: theatreboy

What does this have to do with wildfires in Oregon?

What it is showing, is lone wolf antifa actors starting fires on camera, with political bias.

If they are willing to do it on camera, in the city, then why not in the woods, no camera and a lot of white privilege nearby.

Think beyond what those who want to control every aspect of your life want you to believe.

Fires do not start themselves. It can be the electric grid, some one with a match, or lightning. How many storms have you had lately?

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
+×@==$
Im here, my home and lufe was threatened, my family, my neighbors. We are covered in dirt and soot helping each other.

PHOENIX WAS ARSON, ASHLAND IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR MURDER/ARSON WE ARRESTED A METH HEAD IN THE ACT IN PHOENIX

Why do you people believe the @$$%^& News.
Im frigging here.

Try losing your whole life sometime..propaganda doesnt work

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

When i saw the photos couple days ago, my first thought was 'arson'. There's definitely people out there who are willing and wanting to destroy nature! 10 or so years ago, I thought it to be Aliens because they may need a different atmosphere to be able to live on this planet... I still think today the same thing or its those antifa lot.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If ANTIFA wasn’t starting fires to destroy people and property they certainly will be after they read this thread and decide it sounds like a good idea.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yeah, they got one in Washington. He was smart enough to live stream it so that there is no arguing his guilt.

Antifa Arsonist Arrested Near Tacoma, WA After Live-streaming Himself.

www.protesterprivilege.com...

How are they going to spin this one to say it was not him? Should be interesting.
edit on 12-9-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

No, anti-fascists have not been arrested in connection with wildfires ravaging Oregon, and public officials are asking people to stop spreading the various false rumors claiming this to be the case.

Some mainstream conservative pundits and a major police trade publication, as well as conspiracy theorists aligned with QAnon, have all promoted the false narrative about the historically destructive and deadly wildfires.

While investigators are looking into arson as the possible cause of at least one fire, authorities say there is no evidence to suggest the arson is politically motivated. Utility providers have said some fires may have been started by downed power lines during historic winds and heat. Red flag wildfire warnings have been in effect for the better part of a week.

People pushing the conspiracy theories have largely pointed to the Almeda fire, which Ashland Police Chief Tighe O’Meara confirmed has spurred a criminal investigation. O’Meara said rumors claiming anti-fascists were involved are “100% false information.”

Source

Surprise. Surprise. The rumors regarding Antifa starting fires are false. It is true there is one case of possible arson but investigators have found no political motives.

I first heard about these rumors when I started hearing stories of militia groups setting up checkpoints and threatening people documenting the fire. Not to mention the people that wanted to posse up and kill "antifa" on sight.

The fact that major Conservative figures in the state are pushing these unfounded rumors is especially disturbing. And if anyone ends up dead due to vigilante mobs it will be on their heads.

blaming everything on antifa wont resolve anything...you guys manage to make a forest fire about politic...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

One case?

OK, That is false.

Eastern Washington woman arrested for starting fires while crews worked to fix fallen power lines

www.yaktrinews.com...

36-year-old Christine Comello, who lied to police about her name. Comello had a felony warrant for burglary and reckless burning, tied to another incident a few weeks prior where she reportedly started fires at a Spokane Valley business.

Comello was identified in surveillance video and confirmed to be the suspect by witnesses, and a lighter and burnt paper was found in her pocket.

Comello was booked into the Spokane County Jail for first-degree arson, second-degree arson and burglary.

Man arrested on arson allegation in wildfire west of Eugene, deputies say

A 44-year-old man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of arson in a wildfire that has burned nearly 400 acres and prompted evacuations west of Eugene, deputies say.

Elias Newton Pendergrass is accused of first-degree arson in the Sweet Creek Milepost 2 fire, which covers 382 acres near the community of Mapleton. Pendergrass, a Mapleton resident, is being held in the Lane County Jail.

Man arrested in connection to three suspicious fires in Olympia
www.q13fox.com...

Woman accused of intentionally starting fires on Highway 101 arrested
kion546.com...

The California Highway Patrol confirms that a woman has been arrested after being accused of intentionally starting fires.

They said it happened on Highway 101 near Boronda Road, and it was first reported just after 9 a.m. The number of fires was not released.

The suspect, identified as 37-year-old Anita Esquivel, is booked into the Monterey County Jail arson.

www.redbluffdailynews.com...

Wesley Marcello Reed: 39, of Red Bluff was arrested Friday and charged with arson of a structure or forest land. No bail was set.

UPDATE: 14 confirmed arson hot spots in Manti-La Sal National Forest
kutv.com...

Man charged with arson in connection with Almeda Fire in southern Oregon
abcnews.go.com...

A man was arrested on arson charges Friday for allegedly setting a fire earlier this week in southern Oregon, while the region was already beset with the Almeda Fire.

Michael Jarrod Bakkela, 41, was charged with two counts of arson, along with 15 counts of criminal mischief and 14 counts of reckless endangering.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'm sure it was Non-POC Nationalist who did it to hurt POC.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

BWAHAHAHA

OP JUST GOT PWNT.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
L of the Day goes to...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

One case?

OK, That is false.

Eastern Washington woman arrested for starting fires while crews worked to fix fallen power lines

www.yaktrinews.com...

36-year-old Christine Comello, who lied to police about her name. Comello had a felony warrant for burglary and reckless burning, tied to another incident a few weeks prior where she reportedly started fires at a Spokane Valley business.

Comello was identified in surveillance video and confirmed to be the suspect by witnesses, and a lighter and burnt paper was found in her pocket.

Comello was booked into the Spokane County Jail for first-degree arson, second-degree arson and burglary.

Man arrested on arson allegation in wildfire west of Eugene, deputies say

A 44-year-old man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of arson in a wildfire that has burned nearly 400 acres and prompted evacuations west of Eugene, deputies say.

Elias Newton Pendergrass is accused of first-degree arson in the Sweet Creek Milepost 2 fire, which covers 382 acres near the community of Mapleton. Pendergrass, a Mapleton resident, is being held in the Lane County Jail.

Man arrested in connection to three suspicious fires in Olympia
www.q13fox.com...

Woman accused of intentionally starting fires on Highway 101 arrested
kion546.com...

The California Highway Patrol confirms that a woman has been arrested after being accused of intentionally starting fires.

They said it happened on Highway 101 near Boronda Road, and it was first reported just after 9 a.m. The number of fires was not released.

The suspect, identified as 37-year-old Anita Esquivel, is booked into the Monterey County Jail arson.

www.redbluffdailynews.com...

Wesley Marcello Reed: 39, of Red Bluff was arrested Friday and charged with arson of a structure or forest land. No bail was set.

UPDATE: 14 confirmed arson hot spots in Manti-La Sal National Forest
kutv.com...

lmaol look at your source even wack job fox news dont cover this....i called bull#...you guys lie so much that now its not just your pants that catch on fire

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Sources are valid, Feel free to look up the names as there are numerous sources for each.

And let's not forget the confirmed Antifa troll who livestreamed himself. How many sources you want for that?

www.columbian.com...

www.thenewstribune.com...

www.kiro7.com...

www.khq.com...

mynorthwest.com...

www.protesterprivilege.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD

Sources are valid, Feel free to look up the names as there are numerous sources for each.

who said antifa...they could be Qanon

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah...but cnn says it's not true...it's the only 'news' these idiots believe.
edit on 12/9/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ahahhaa

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Another Article: UK of course.

Four people arrested for arson for deliberately starting blazes along West Coast as death toll from devastating wildfires climbs to 29 and Oregon officials prepare for a 'mass fatality event'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MapOfNowhere
Okay so i went to google. I searched "Antifa starting fires"

Page 1, every such claims are false. Page 2, exact same thing.

So regarding an issue like this, if the police and google are screaming the same thing, i am going to confidently say it was and it is Antifa.

So you believe anonymous posters on ATS and Facebook over the people who actually work and risk their life to put out those fires?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join