It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im tired of 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
time to move on people.

i joined the army due to 9/11. spent 2 years in the sand trap.

im over it.

who cares? it was 19 years ago.

if pearl harbor was on video, would we still be showing the footage?

at this point, 9/11 is best remembered in history books, not wall to wall recycled coverage of something that shouldn't effect us anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

It's now 9/12

Move on...

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
time to move on people.

im over it.

at this point, 9/11 is best remembered in history books, not wall to wall recycled coverage of something that shouldn't effect us anymore.
This will be a haunting because of WTC7! There is no possible way that WTC7 could have come down fully without there being a deliberate action! Debris from the tower could have done some damage but not level WTC7! Univ of Alaska';s findings point to this.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

time to move on people.

im over it.

This will be a haunting because of WTC7! There is no possible way that WTC7 could have come down fully without there being a deliberate action! Debris from the tower could have done some damage but not level WTC7! Univ of Alaska';s findings point to this.

Agreed, Pearl Harbour was pretty cut and dry with minimal conspiracy. WTC 7 needs to be explained (addressed properly) by the government imo.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson Thank you for your service. But. Some of us didn’t join, and it’s still very much a thing in our lives after all these years. I’m sorry that you feel because your commitment to serve the government as a soldier is over, so is this national tragedy and day of terror and evil intent. Don’t work like that

I’ll continue to observe for the rest of my days.

P.s. it’s still affecting us

P.p.s.- if you’d have served in Vietnam do you think you’d have felt this way? Maybe ask someone who did?

edit on 12-9-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Then why did you make a thread on it if you don't care?

I know it is easier not to care at times, just be comfortably numb to it all. If bad people do bad things and no one cares what is there to stop them from continuing?

Is sorting out the facts from the fiction enough? Probably not. Its a start and have a better chance than not even trying.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It’s probably the defining event of a generation it’s impact is still being felt so its important to remember it and understand it.

Now it’s up to you how far you want to take that, I think remembering on the anniversary is fair.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
i would argue the main reason we dont look at pear harbor (btw we do have "video" of parts of the attack we show over and over.. .look on the history channel for one) the same way as 9/11 is that we have not dealt with 9/11 the same way.

Pear harbor we didnt try to justify, minimize, or "not offend" japan/Japanese on what they did.
we didnt deal with those who conducted the attack (in comparison to 9/11) half assed.

in short we called them "japs, dirty japs, sneaky japs," ect and didnt care if imperial japan or its residence were "offended".
we JUSTIFIABLY BLAMED THEM and held them accountable.
we WENT TO TOTAL WAR with them and accepted nothing but unconditional surrender to stop.
the public supported this actions and willing to sacrifice until that goal was achieved.

note at this point what we did to CITIZENS OF JAPANESE ANCESTRY (to which i had the HONOR to know someone who went though it) was wrong. but even after how they were treated were PROUD of their country and WILLING TO FIGHT to stop facism...

I thank you for your service but must point out many who volunteered to serve in WWII did so for over 3 years of constant warfare and willing (though not liking it) to invade japan if needed.

we didnt spare "their holy sites" for "fear of their reaction of making new enemies". they were as fanatical as any radical islamic fighter (just look at the battles in the Philippines for one) .

we fought the war with every weapon we had (including nuclear) until they surrendered.

now look at 9/11

many are so "afraid" to say "radical islam" for fear of "offending them and making more enemies".
we want to limit our miltary to strict "rules of engagement" and even afraid to take a vote to "go to war" on them.
we have muslims in this country that are "offended" at calling out the radicals among their own faith and not proud to fight for USA or even against them (in any majority).

hell when we bomb the crap out of where they are hiding we get many crying "you killed innocents" that THEY WERE USING AS HUMAN SHIELDS or worse agreed with what they were doing.

i could go on but you get my point.

pear harbor is still a sore spot and still a respected place
but it isnt front and center because we DEALT WITH IT TO THE END.

we are still dealing with those that caused 9/11 and not having the support from alot of the public that we had back then ... to finish the job

scrounger

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Are you tired of Easter, Christmas? Thanksgiving? Labor day, valentine's day?

Priorities I guess.

You serving should have no bearing on this.

/ rant

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

time to move on people.

im over it.

I’m 39. I also joined the military as a result of 9/11. 14 years in the Air Force. Absolutely zero regrets. But I left because we no longer needed to be in Afghanistan yet, we still are. Anyway, even though I never personally experienced Pearl Harbor, I still show my respect to it every year on December 7th. And I still take a moment to reflect on how 9/11 impacted me personally and us as a nation. And I always will.

It’s led me to question some of the motives behind the war on terror. I’ve given serious consideration towards 9/11 being an inside job. Though I haven’t made a personal decision one way or another, exploring my emotions from that day every year keeps my mind open to the idea that maybe there was more to it.

You can move on, but I will still show my respect to those who died that day and those who have died for nearly 2 decades fighting for what they believe to be a patriotic quest. They’re blood and sacrifice is never worth moving on from.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Almost nobody still alive from WWII. Almost everyone is still alive from 911. Eventually they will both be covered like WWI.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Independence...250 yrs ago.
Civil war....150 yrs ago.
Beatles white album...50 yrs ago.
Lots of things that should never be gotten over.

Look at the videos of the country getting back to normal in the weeks after 9-11 and compare them to the bull-#e going on today..

No, I will not be moving on.
If anything it reminds me to tell all the protestors to stick it where the monkey put the peanut.
Take responsibility for yourselves and grow the hell up.
edit on 12-9-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

time to move on people.

im over it.

I’m 39. I also joined the military as a result of 9/11. 14 years in the Air Force. Absolutely zero regrets. But I left because we no longer needed to be in Afghanistan yet, we still are. Anyway, even though I never personally experienced Pearl Harbor, I still show my respect to it every year on December 7th. And I still take a moment to reflect on how 9/11 impacted me personally and us as a nation. And I always will.

It’s led me to question some of the motives behind the war on terror. I’ve given serious consideration towards 9/11 being an inside job. Though I haven’t made a personal decision one way or another, exploring my emotions from that day every year keeps my mind open to the idea that maybe there was more to it.

You can move on, but I will still show my respect to those who died that day and those who have died for nearly 2 decades fighting for what they believe to be a patriotic quest. They’re blood and sacrifice is never worth moving on from.

Biggest in-your-face fact? There is no war on terror.

It's what some have done for years before we ever got into this.

Still, terror will always exist...there will always be terror...the "war" on it....is really insurmountable...and hasn't, won't end....been this way 1,000 years

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Assassin82

time to move on people.

im over it.

Biggest in-your-face fact? There is no war on terror.

It's what some have done for years before we ever got into this.

Still, terror will always exist...there will always be terror...the "war" on it....is really insurmountable...and hasn't, won't end....been this way 1,000 years

I’m a aware. Though at 20 years old I was dumb and naive. Again, I have no regrets. I had some incredible experiences and had the privilege to work with some amazing people. But I learned to question just about everything and ended up being a bit of a misfit because of it. As my eyes opened wider and wider I saw it more for what it was. Those who serve are not to blame for their part in it all. But there comes a point where they have to open their own eyes.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Congratulations.

The elite have beaten you.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We were attacked on our own soil. The repercussions of that attack are still being felt by those who lived that day.

Now, I can understand why you might want to downplay it. After all, the police were some of the largest heroes that day along with the firefighters and EMTs who were the first to go in and among the many who sacrificed everything that day.

But of course, the police are now all dirty racists we can't honor, so 9/11 remembrance sends conflicting messages at present.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

time to move on people.

im over it.

You may be over it, many are not, that doesn't mean there is a choice for them.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I served too. That doesn't make my opinion better than anyone else's.

It's clear you don't understand the ramifications of 9/11 and how that singular event catalyzed so much change in our world. Much of it for the worse.

9/11 will always be remembered, by me, as the day Americans came together to declare in one voice that they will no longer accept responsibility for what the government does in their name.

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I served too. That doesn't make my opinion better than anyone else's.

well stated and thank you for your honorable service.

9/11 will always be remembered, by me, as the day Americans came together to declare in one voice that they will no longer accept responsibility for what the government does in their name.

um what are you talking about?

we for that brief (too brief) time were united AGAINST RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS...
we wanted to go after them and PUNISH THEM for what they did.

we didnt (as a majority) blame the government or think they caused it.

well to be fair we did blame them for their mistakes, poor planning and screw ups .
we did have some conspiratorial theories that ranged from the possible to the truly nutty.

we did ask questions how this could have happened.

but im afraid you are remembering something that at the time didnt happen.

maybe you felt that way and thats ok..

but not everyone else

scrounger

posted on Sep, 12 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

The Patriot Act is still law.

The spy factory at the NSA is still churning out 4th amendment violations.

We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I remember it fine.

Edit:

No, we didn't blame the government. We just armed them with the weapons they would use against us now.
edit on 9 12 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join